• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

For people who have digestion problems while on AAS

maddoger

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I used to have digestion issues while on AAS, tried probiotics and other stuff and it barely helped. What I found really helping is metamucil fiber. I guess it's hard for our bodies to digest so much protein without a lot of fiber.

I used to have digestion issues while on AAS, tried probiotics and other stuff and it barely helped. What I found really helping is metamucil fiber. I guess it's hard for our bodies to digest so much protein without a lot of fiber.

I’m 10 days into test e, deca and dbol run. Indigestion hit hard the last couple days. More intend it seems if I go longer than 3-4 hours without eating. Never though of the Metamucil. I’ll give that a try and let ya know if it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydration has always been the big thing for me. You'd think 1.5+gallons a day would do it, but if I drop below 2 a day I start getting stopped up. (Not including what I drink during my workouts)

It gets me really bad, anavar and tren are the worst

Raised Progesterone and estradiol can cause this issue!
There are somw studies but they are with women.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

. . Unfortunately, progesterone can also bring on or worsen acid reflux.
Progesterone and Acid Reflux or heartburn, occurs when the stomach contents are regurgitated back up the esophagus. Progesterone is one of many things that can cause or aggravate acid reflux. The hormone causes relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES), a ring of muscle in the esophagus that contracts to keep stomach contents from flowing in the wrong direction. If this muscle ring relaxes too much, the contents of the stomach can rise back up the esophagus and cause acid reflux. This is one reason pregnant women get heartburn -- their progesterone levels are elevated. (So women that say the baby must have a lot of hair, a myth as to why they have heartburn)you can tell them that is not true.:)
A few things may help decrease acid reflux symptoms, even when progesterone is present or elevated. sleeping with the upper body slightly elevated may help
Modifying your diet and not eating to much or to close to bed time. 3hrs before you lay down.
Keep a record of your meals and what meals your heartburn is worsened! Try a keto style diet. This may also help minimize acid reflux.
Drink plenty of water, to help digestion. It is better to drink smaller amounts throughout the day rather than large amounts at one time.
Chewing gum after a meal may help prevent heartburn. It stimulates saliva, which acts to buffer stomach acid,.

Taking ant acids will help but if your taking them on a continued basis you may need to supplement with B-12. Stomach acid is key for B12 absorption. Hope some of this may help.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Every morning, I blend Spinach(1 cup fresh/frozen) 1/2 frozen wild blueberries, 2tbsp flax seed, 1 Tbsp Knox gelatin, a banana, and 40gr protein with water. It helps and alleviates all of my soreness, skin health, joints and muscles. I highly recommend it. Max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
I have always said that we must find a product that lowers progesterone.
There is sam-e but I'm talking about some more powerful drug like ru-486 pill of the abortion (Mifepristone), which however is untraceable.

I have always said that we must find a product that lowers progesterone.
There is sam-e but I'm talking about some more powerful drug like ru-486 pill of the abortion (Mifepristone), which however is untraceable.
My thoughts exactly. We have Cabergoline for controlling Prolactin, but what about progesterone control? IDK about the RU-486 option though. Isn't that stuff very hard to get, and waaaaaay out of anyone's price range???

I've had acid reflux/heartburn issues even when I'm not on gear, ever since I turned 50. Three times a year I take Prilosec OTC for 2 weeks straight, and I'm good for a few months afterward. The stuff works great and it's not that expensive in the local pharmacy. I don't think you want to take it on a regular basis though. I was told that using all the time can cause arthritis. So I just wait until I begin having the burning symptoms of acid reflux, and then I begin taking the prilosec. It takes about 24 hours to cause relief, and I as long as I continue to take it for 13 additional days consecutively, then I have long term relief for months afterward.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. We have Cabergoline for controlling Prolactin, but what about progesterone control? IDK about the RU-486 option though. Isn't that stuff very hard to get, and waaaaaay out of anyone's price range???

I've had acid reflux/heartburn issues even when I'm not on gear, ever since I turned 50. Three times a year I take Prilosec OTC for 2 weeks straight, and I'm good for a few months afterward. The stuff works great and it's not that expensive in the local pharmacy. I don't think you want to take it on a regular basis though. I was told that using all the time can cause arthritis. So I just wait until I begin having the burning symptoms of acid reflux, and then I begin taking the prilosec. It takes about 24 hours to cause relief, and I as long as I continue to take it for 13 additional days consecutively, then I have long term relief for months afterward.
Not sure about arthritis, but extended use of prilosec can decrease stomach acid too much and cause nutrient absoption and digestion issues. It has a lot of other potential side effects also. Definately recommended to not use more than 2 weeks continuously.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

1 kirkland lansoprazole a day and no HB or acid reflux, enjoy those tacos, jalapeños chips and queso

I've also noticed that eggs are the easiest on my stomach out of all the high protein foods I've eaten. If for instance, I eat beef, it's sometimes pretty rough on my stomach, (especially during an AAS cycle). I really like eating red meat, but it can cause me a lot of heartburn at times. I can eat eggs one hour before bed time, and I don't have any problems. If I eat a burger, I have to wait three hours before I go to bed. Otherwise, I have major issues.

Back