• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Here we go again...the kidney failure speech

I agree. And what the fuck is that even legal to run tests with no consult or authorization?

Also I've been on prescription t4 for about 8yrs, when I run hgh it raises my tsh levels and makes me go more hypo.

I agree. And what the fuck is that even legal to run tests with no consult or authorization?
I don't think it is, but I'm sure she said something in the chart notes that claims she informed him. The VA will try to pull the same shit with me sometimes

Update from over the weekend...

I received an automated text on Saturday telling me that my patient record was updated and ready for review in my "patient portal" so I went in and reviewed it. There was a section in the patient portal that included notes from the doctor. Her notes stated that she ordered a testosterone panel due to the "patient's muscle mass" and that she "suspected the use of exogenous testosterone". WHAT!!!!!!! I feel this is something she should have asked me during my office visit if she had a concern. She mentioned nothing about doing a testosterone panel so to see this in my patient notes was quite concerning to me.

What is she trying to do here, hem me up? The reason for my visit was for thyroid labs to renew my script and to get a script to help with the pain and stiffness in my lower back, not for a witch hunt.

Funny thing is, my testosterone level came back normal because I've been running a TRT dose for the past several weeks. If she really wanted to get to the bottom of it she should have included FSH and LH and she would have seen that I was shut the fuck down. I have absolutely no trust in this doctor now and will be going back to my previous sports medicine doctor for my next visit, long drive or not.

Any of you guys deal with doctors like this? Her actions made me feel like she was working against me, not with me.
only every time I go see a doctor.

Update from over the weekend...

I received an automated text on Saturday telling me that my patient record was updated and ready for review in my "patient portal" so I went in and reviewed it. There was a section in the patient portal that included notes from the doctor. Her notes stated that she ordered a testosterone panel due to the "patient's muscle mass" and that she "suspected the use of exogenous testosterone". WHAT!!!!!!! I feel this is something she should have asked me during my office visit if she had a concern. She mentioned nothing about doing a testosterone panel so to see this in my patient notes was quite concerning to me.

What is she trying to do here, hem me up? The reason for my visit was for thyroid labs to renew my script and to get a script to help with the pain and stiffness in my lower back, not for a witch hunt.

Funny thing is, my testosterone level came back normal because I've been running a TRT dose for the past several weeks. If she really wanted to get to the bottom of it she should have included FSH and LH and she would have seen that I was shut the fuck down. I have absolutely no trust in this doctor now and will be going back to my previous sports medicine doctor for my next visit, long drive or not.

Any of you guys deal with doctors like this? Her actions made me feel like she was working against me, not with me.

I had docs do this to me and others I know. "Surprise! I had them run other labs." A relative went in for hayfever/allergies and they popped him on thc. I don't get it. It's like they are trying to play the blame game and somehow make your illness your fault. "Oh, you smoke...that's why you got the flu."

I had this issue before as well. The one test that clears it all up is the 24 hour urine test. I did that and asked my doc to post the results and anytime another doctor or department questions my results I refer them to the 24 hour test and it ends right there.

Just out of curiosity, do you display any of the symptoms of kidney shut down besides the elevated bun and creatine ? Let’s say pedal edema ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to change to a different primary care physician that's closer to my house since I have to get bloodwork done every 3 months for my thyroid. Since this was my first visit she ran a full panel on me. Well wouldn't ya know it, I get a call today from the nurse telling me the doctor is concerned that I may have kidney failure based on my creatinine and BUN. She didn't even mention my eGFR today. This will have been the 4th or 5th time I've had a doctor tell me this over the years. I just did my own labs back in July and my creatinine, BUN, and eGFR were fine, creatinine was slightly elevated, as always. I proceeded to explain to her that my creatinine is elevated due to my muscle mass, and my BUN was probably elevated because I have been taking Aleve the past couple of weeks, and prednisone before that for my neck...and she already knew this because I told her during my visit on Tuesday. So my orders were to stop all anti-inflammatories and re-do labs in 6 weeks. I suppose I have to suffer with this herniated disc in my neck and not take anything until then? Why do I have to go through this over and over again with doctors? Fuck!

Some doctors then high fat diets are healthy... my point is you will come across doctors that have their own opinions on things rather then being logical and reasonable with the situations on hand.
They go by textbook bullshit rather then helping people.

It’s why I’m my own damn doctor lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, do you display any of the symptoms of kidney shut down besides the elevated bun and creatine ? Let’s say pedal edema ?

None.

I came to the conclusion that she's a nut.

She also will not prescribe any type of birth control medications, narcotic pain meds, or Xanax. Her office staff reads you a disclaimer prior to scheduling appointments with new patients.

I had a feeling I wouldn't like her before I even went because of all the rules that she has.

As a doctor, I can assure you. Most patients think they know more than the doctor.
Its called Google Syndrome.
Yes some doctors are idiots but there are more patients who think they know better than their doctor.
Anabolics is something doctors are not familiar with. You take supraphysiological doses and results are also supraphysiological. You cannot expect a doctor to account for something thats not present in normal humans.
Increased creatinine is a red flag. The doctor is just following protocol. You know if they dont, they end up getting sued.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
As a doctor, I can assure you. Most patients think they know more than the doctor.
Yes some doctors are idiots but there are more patients who think they know better than their doctor.
Anabolics is something doctors are not familiar with. You take supraphysiological doses and results are also supraphysiological. You cannot expect a doctor to account for something thats not present in normal humans.
Increased creatinine is a red flag. The doctor is just following protocol. You know if they dont, they end up getting sued.

But if she was an educated doctor, she would be able to make the connection to my elevated creatinine level and the amount of muscle that I have. It's pretty bad that I have to be the one to explain that to her.

But if she was an educated doctor, she would be able to make the connection to my elevated creatinine level and the amount of muscle that I have. It's pretty bad that I have to be the one to explain that to her.
Normal reference range is there for a reason. Its not a fixed number but a range. So if you are off the range, she did the right thing.

No book teaches that a person can normally be out of reference range since physiologically getting this much muscle mass is not possible.

lol now you're a doctor...........please
anabolics have nothing to do with what he's talking about.

this is directly from a published medical reference

[FONT=&quot]"An increase in serum creatinine can result from increased ingestion of cooked meat (which contains creatinine converted from creatine by the heat from cooking) or increased intake of protein and creatine supplements, in excess of the recommended dosage. Creatine is present in the organs, muscles, and body fluids of animals. Creatine supplements promote protein synthesis and are a quickly available source of energy for muscle contraction, hence they are used to enhance athletic performance. Furthermore, intense exercise can increase creatinine by increasing muscle breakdown."[/FONT]

lol now you're a doctor...........please
anabolics have nothing to do with what he's talking about.

this is directly from a published medical reference

[FONT=&quot]"An increase in serum creatinine can result from increased ingestion of cooked meat (which contains creatinine converted from creatine by the heat from cooking) or increased intake of protein and creatine supplements, in excess of the recommended dosage. Creatine is present in the organs, muscles, and body fluids of animals. Creatine supplements promote protein synthesis and are a quickly available source of energy for muscle contraction, hence they are used to enhance athletic performance. Furthermore, intense exercise can increase creatinine by increasing muscle breakdown."[/FONT]

You know when I talked about The Google syndrome.
It was for the likes of you lol
Medicine works on protocol, not on Google.

You see a red flag, you investigate and rule out any life threatening situation. Later on you think about other reasons.

Stop googling your medical conditions. Theres a reason that Med schools were established. It takes years of studies and practise to get where they are. While you think you are there by reading a few articles and wikipedia.

Its a disease, what you are going through. Get rid of it.

The picture is where he claimed to link his high creatinine to higher muscle mass. Which is possible only with anabolics.
a23aa8c94c38b0d29db07612722b9be4.jpg

That shows how stupid you are if you think you can only have muscle mass on steroids.

That shows how stupid you are if you think you can only have muscle mass on steroids.
This shows you lack serious comprehension skills and are a very shallow thinker.

The picture is where he claimed to link his high creatinine to higher muscle mass. Which is possible only with anabolics.
a23aa8c94c38b0d29db07612722b9be4.jpg

You said it. Only person dense around here is you.

You said it. Only person dense around here is you.
Let me break it down to you. Since it obviously went over your simple mind

Normal Person : Normal creatinine levels
Natural Bodybuilder : Most often within normal reference range unless he had a day of very excessive workout with muscle damage.
Enhanced Bodybuilder : Creatinine generated is proportional to muscle mass and is relatively constant. An enhanced athlete will have a lot more muscle mass than a non enhanced one and will thus generate more creatinine. Which cannot all be cleared by Kidneys and in turn raises serum creatinine level. His normal reference range is increased.

More over, you like totally missed the point. What the doctor did was right. Thats the original debate.

Lol I love how you think you are the end all be all. Me wannabe dr on an AAS site. The actual research I posted from ACTUAL drs shows different.

And i love how you think of yourself as superior to doctors just by googling. Like I said. Google Syndrome is real and its the fastest spreading epidemics.
Every day in clinic i used to meet atleast 4 to 5 people like you. Serious annoyance man.

That research gives one of the "maybe" causes of higher cretinine levels.
First line of action on raised creatinine is to check for renal failure not half cooked steak in the stomach.

Yeah must suck to meet people with real world experience. But then again that’s been your problem on this site from the beginning. Jealousy digs deep into your soul. You should try humility when faced with something others know more about.

Yeah must suck to meet people with real world experience. But then again that’s been your problem on this site from the beginning. Jealousy digs deep into your soul. You should try humility when faced with something others know more about.

Jealous of what dude ? Your wealth ? Your health ? Your Godly Physique? Or your infinite Google Knowledge ? Lol

You should apply for a medical license. Tell them you have real world experience and know everything.

I say thank God for Google, otherwise my doctor, and others I have had in the past, would have me believing that I'm experiencing kidney failure.

Why should we rely on doctors [and not Google] when a lot of what they tell us is inaccurate? In a lot of cases all doctors do is create unnecessary alarm due to their lack of knowledge on the effects of bodybuilding and the human body.

I say thank God for Google, otherwise my doctor, and others I have had in the past, would have me believing that I'm experiencing kidney failure.

Why should we rely on doctors [and not Google] when a lot of what they tell us is inaccurate? In a lot of cases all doctors do is create unnecessary alarm due to their lack of knowledge on the effects of bodybuilding and the human body.

That subject is not well researched. Thats why.
I would rather be extra cautious about a patient rather than take the chances.

Jealous of what dude ? Your wealth ? Your health ? Your Godly Physique? Or your infinite Google Knowledge ? Lol

You should apply for a medical license. Tell them you have real world experience and know everything.

Well Im not wealthy, my physique is pretty good and my knowledge is better then most. You all of a sudden are claiming to be a doctor, show your license. Lets see it. And yes I would trust published medical research that I found using google over some idiot troll on a AAS website claiming to be a DR. But hell when you decided to use AAS did you go to a Dr or did you google sites? Yeah real world experience matters in most areas of life. Books will only get you so far.

Well Im not wealthy, my physique is pretty good and my knowledge is better then most. You all of a sudden are claiming to be a doctor, show your license. Lets see it. And yes I would trust published medical research that I found using google over some idiot troll on a AAS website claiming to be a DR. But hell when you decided to use AAS did you go to a Dr or did you google sites? Yeah real world experience matters in most areas of life. Books will only get you so far.

There you go buddy.

"My knowledge is better than most" lol then you want me to show humility
912a00a4bdfe9ab455297174188d45f6.jpg

Last edited:
There you go buddy.

"My knowledge is better than most" lol then you want me to show humility

Hey thats awesome. Good for you. Yet you troll an AAS site? So now you showed your credentials and disregarded the info I got from other DRs show your published work that proves them wrong. Otherwise you are no different then the Dr TV is complaining about.

Hey thats awesome. Good for you. Yet you troll an AAS site? So now you showed your credentials and disregarded the info I got from other DRs show your published work that proves them wrong. Otherwise you are no different then the Dr TV is complaining about.

I did not disregard it totally. I called those reasons as "maybe causes".
You are better than doctors. Why do you need their articles man ? Just use your real world experience.

When you go with a pain in left side of chest. Doctor does not open up an article that says "certain foods cause indigestion and cause pain in left side of chest."
And send you home

That's the doctor you want to avoid.

Back