• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Novolog protocol questions

Trentmeister4530

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Alright guys, ive got some questions about TIMING related to taking Novolog. Ive heard everything I can hear and read everything I can read about how dangerous insulin is and take with GH and I can die and all of that jazz. I understand and I know.
I just have questions about meal and training timing. I’ve been taking for 3 days now and haven’t ran into any hypo issues, but, I’m just curious as to if I’m timing it right with my training. I’m taking it preworkout for right now and that’s it. Taking MK and Tren and Test E with it too, just fyi.
But basically, just when should my meal timing be and training timing be in order to make it the most effective Intra workout? Drink some dextrose and complex carbs when I pin and then recommend taking protein and dextrose at the 40 minute mark post injection while I’m training?
I started with 8ius and then 15 yesterday, no problems. Like I said I just want to ensure that I’m timing my training and food intake correctly, instead of me taking it solely to keep my blood sugar down like a diabetic if that makes sense.
If I fucked you guys up in the post just let me know and I’ll answer your questions or explain better. Thanks bros.

Its a 4-5hr insulin, peak action about 2hrs after inj. Take an hr before workout, meal 30min after inj. You should always carry some simple carbs with you while taking. I take mango juice to gym, 6-8oz. Post workout meal when you get home. You should have a glucose meter. Going from 8 to 15iu in 3 days is kinda aggressive, i would stay there and not increase any further for a while. 20iu would be a top end/ advanced dose.

Its a 4-5hr insulin, peak action about 2hrs after inj. Take an hr before workout, meal 30min after inj. You should always carry some simple carbs with you while taking. I take mango juice to gym, 6-8oz. Post workout meal when you get home. You should have a glucose meter. Going from 8 to 15iu in 3 days is kinda aggressive, i would stay there and not increase any further for a while. 20iu would be a top end/ advanced dose.
I agree make sure you have some type of juice or sugar on hand when you take it because you definitely do not want to go hypo it is not good I can tell you first hand from being a type 1 diabetic.. also, 8 units is a lot let alone 15 units my opinion that’s way to much and you better be ready for the consequences of taking thoughs dosages and not taking in enough sugar/carbs

I agree make sure you have some type of juice or sugar on hand when you take it because you definitely do not want to go hypo it is not good I can tell you first hand from being a type 1 diabetic.. also, 8 units is a lot let alone 15 units my opinion that’s way to much and you better be ready for the consequences of taking thoughs dosages and not taking in enough sugar/carbs

Yeah going from 8 to15iu is a big jump for a short acting insulin, my range is still 8-12 and I've been running it off and on for a year. I only ever take it on workout days. Taking a slow acting like Novolin N can be a big help if you need to increase your calorie intake as it keeps you hungry and wanting to eat all day. With N I will run 15-25iu and not take the R. Or would just run 5iu of R preworkout and the N in the morning upon waking as it's an 18hr insulin.

novolog is rapid you need to eat first it should peak about to 10-15 minutes. I have taking most insulins been diabetic most my life

novolog is rapid you need to eat first it should peak about to 10-15 minutes. I have taking most insulins been diabetic most my life
This is why I always thought humulin-r was a better option for preworkout insulin. The peaking at 2-4 hours (it was always right at 2 when I ran it for a short time) was perfectly in the middle-end of my workout, and it would still be very active post workout to continue dumping nutrients into the muscle. Anyhow I think the questions about why so much and what does diet look like are the important ones lol

This is why I always thought humulin-r was a better option for preworkout insulin. The peaking at 2-4 hours (it was always right at 2 when I ran it for a short time) was perfectly in the middle-end of my workout, and it would still be very active post workout to continue dumping nutrients into the muscle. Anyhow I think the questions about why so much and what does diet look like are the important ones lol
humalog R peaks about 1.5 -2 but starts working aqbout 15 minutes after inject, the release is suppose to mimic the bodies actual release of insulin when digesting food, food digestion takes 1.5-2 hours depending on how complex the carbs are. most insulins these days are sold as a mix like 70/30 so some onset is rapid some is slow. its important to read the literature that comes with the insulin or speak with the pharmacist about it because insulins are all different and made for specific purposes and different conditions

Yeah going from 8 to15iu is a big jump for a short acting insulin, my range is still 8-12 and I've been running it off and on for a year. I only ever take it on workout days. Taking a slow acting like Novolin N can be a big help if you need to increase your calorie intake as it keeps you hungry and wanting to eat all day. With N I will run 15-25iu and not take the R. Or would just run 5iu of R preworkout and the N in the morning upon waking as it's an 18hr insulin.
the only types of insulin’s ive ever used is humalog and novalog just depending on what the insurance wants to cover so I can’t speak on the “regular” insulin.. you don’t have any problems with going low with the regular insulin? I feel like it would be harder to keep your sugars in line with that insulin

Novolog -

15 minuets pre workout inject Novolog sub q
10 minutes pre shake with carbs (hbcd) and eaa's
During session sip shake 2 with carbs (hbcd) and eaa's
Post workout shake 3 carbs (blueberries and oats) protein (egg whites)

I usually eat a whole meal an hour or so after with more carbs.

Should cover you. Carbs should be WHAT YOU NEED, and insulin adjusted to that. Not insulin dose first then adjust carbs.

the only types of insulin’s ive ever used is humalog and novalog just depending on what the insurance wants to cover so I can’t speak on the “regular” insulin.. you don’t have any problems with going low with the regular insulin? I feel like it would be harder to keep your sugars in line with that insulin

No problem for me. I eat and snack all day, plus its very obvious to me when I'm going low.

Novolog -

Should cover you. Carbs should be WHAT YOU NEED, and insulin adjusted to that. Not insulin dose first then adjust carbs.
I wouldnt recommend novolog, to too fast reacting and only sugar absorbs that fast into your system, I think for what you have suggested humalogR is a better option. just my .02

in humans 15 minutes for novolog
chart-moa-pharmacokinetics.png

I wouldnt recommend novolog, to too fast reacting and only sugar absorbs that fast into your system, I think for what you have suggested humalogR is a better option. just my .02
No this is what I've used every time I've ran insulin and it works perfectly.

No this is what I've used every time I've ran insulin and it works perfectly.
well it works for you because you are experienced and on a much more disciplined level of diet and training, but I wouldnt suggest novolog, its too quick, just saying

Last edited:
well it works for you because you are experienced and on a much more disciplined level of diet and training, but I wouldnt suggest novolog, its too quick, just saying
Well the op's question was about Novolog so I just responded to that.

Imo, if you have to ask about insulin, probably need to wait.

I agree with you though. R type would be "safer" as long as he was able to keep carbs on hand and feed the entire time.

Still, insulin isn't safe.

I agree with you though. R type would be "safer" as long as he was able to keep carbs on hand and feed the entire time.

agree 100%, I dont think folks who are recreational users need to experiment with insulin

Get Shredded!

Peak is 40-50 minutes. Onset 5-10. Etc. and yes always have simple carbs with me. I have everything covered in that kind of sense :) thanks bruh

Novolog -

Ok. I like this.
This pretty much sums this shit up for me I believe brother.

I mean I obviously agree with you but you’ve gotta ask somebody somewhere or just get told about it out of the blue so, figured I’d ask you intelligent motherfuckers

I guess I’m ignorant. Novolog says 40-50 minutes.
duration time in medical terms means how long the glucose lowering effect is active, onset time is how long it takes to start actively lowering glucose levels, peak time is the top of the curve obviously and can be different for everyone because of your specific diet. but I can tell you from 15 years of injecting insulin 6 times a day the peak is the most critical thing you need to pay attention you along with the most recent thing you ate

duration time in medical terms means how long the glucose lowering effect is active, onset time is how long it takes to start actively lowering glucose levels, peak time is the top of the curve obviously and can be different for everyone because of your specific diet. but I can tell you from 15 years of injecting insulin 6 times a day the peak is the most critical thing you need to pay attention you along with the most recent thing you ate

Right, I got that about what they all mean. I just came here for a little guidance is all on the timing of meals and workout.
But everybody here pitched in and Monty set me straight I believe. I appreciate everybody for giving their thoughts and two cents on it. Thanks broskis

Back