• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cardio while buking

3x a week 15, 20 mins. Depends how much time i have.

Antoine vaillant is really big on cardio during bulking. (Canadian bodybuilder)

It depends on your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) of calories and how many calories you are consuming each day (deficit or surplus)

In general I never do cardio when bulking, I always cut to low body fat prior to bulking and this makes you more anabolic and you will have a higher metabolism prior to your bulk, helping you stay lean as you gain LBM.

If I am lean bulking or even dirty bulking I do not do cardio.

If you have too many calories in your meal plan and you are gaining excess fat during a bulk then you need to cut back on your macros rather than add cardio. But, no matter what you will increase waist size on a bulk, it is inevitable. If you gain more than an inch over 4 weeks I would say that is too many calories.

This is my general philosophy and what works for me, YRMV :)

It depends on your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) of calories and how many calories you are consuming each day (deficit or surplus)

In general I never do cardio when bulking, I always cut to low body fat prior to bulking and this makes you more anabolic and you will have a higher metabolism prior to your bulk, helping you stay lean as you gain LBM.

If I am lean bulking or even dirty bulking I do not do cardio.

If you have too many calories in your meal plan and you are gaining excess fat during a bulk then you need to cut back on your macros rather than add cardio. But, no matter what you will increase waist size on a bulk, it is inevitable. If you gain more than an inch over 4 weeks I would say that is too many calories.

This is my general philosophy and what works for me, YRMV :)
I gained like 3 in 4 months and was not happy. My goal is to not gain more than 2 lol. Of course I want perfection and not to gain any

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My main concern is gaining to much waist size! Keeping my macros in check is what sounds good. I was just curious if the cardio would help on maintaining that waist growth to a minimum!!

- - - Updated - - -

My main concern is gaining to much waist size! Keeping my macros in check is what sounds good. I was just curious if the cardio would help on maintaining that waist growth to a minimum!!

My opinion is.....whether your bulking or cutting if your using juice or not using juice you should be doing everything you can to maintain a healthy heart (even if it means 6 minutes a day of HIIT style cardio) ....carry on

Fuck cardio.

If you train hard that's more of a cardio workout then slothing around on the treadmill for twenty minutes like Oldschool said.

You don't need it.

Only times I would add it in would be if my appetite is dog shit or, my heart took a shit.

I do cardio when I’m cutting only. If bulking and I’m getting too much bad weight , I adjust my diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm different than most people because of my arrythmia. If I don't do any cardio at all my arrythmia starts acting up on me, especially when lifting hard and working my heart really hard anaerobically. Two 15 minute sessions of LISS seem to do the trick, alongside keeping my blood pressure down

I do cardio, but I don't really bulk anymore, I just like what cardio does for me both mentally and physically. I especially like a dedicated day for cardio and stretching

Back