• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Concealed Carry

REHH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I like the one shot one kill approach....lol

Attachments

• 20181015_122553.jpg
    20181015_122553.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
I lived in Wyoming for a couple of years and most of the hunters would go out with something like that or a 500 for grizzly bears . I would prefer a shotgun but I guess they are saving weight.

I lived in Wyoming for a couple of years and most of the hunters would go out with something like that or a 500 for grizzly bears . I would prefer a shotgun but I guess they are saving weight.

Wanted to live in that area for a long time. I would carry a 500 and a semi-auto 45-70 rifle. Those grizzlys are no joke.

I like the one shot one kill approach....lol
Nice piece man.... Like it's been stated, that's obviously a very appropriate firearm for hunting. Here's a .44mag for concealed carry, and I dare say that "one shot" would be all it would take LOL....

Attachments

• S&W 44 Mag and 10mm 010.JPG
    S&W 44 Mag and 10mm 010.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • S&W 44 Mag and 10mm 014.JPG
    S&W 44 Mag and 10mm 014.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Nice piece man.... Like it's been stated, that's obviously a very appropriate firearm for hunting. Here's a .44mag for concealed carry, and I dare say that "one shot" would be all it would take LOL....

Nice....Rosemary grip? Yeah that would do the trick.

Nice....Rosemary grip? Yeah that would do the trick.
Yeah, Rosewood, or whatever it's called. I love shooting that gun at the range. There's a trick I learned to being able to shoot a hundred rounds at a time without that big caliber and short barreled revolver beating up your hand....you cannot hold the grip with your hand as high as possible like the experts teach you to do to reduce muzzle flip. Because if you do that, that area of the frame that you can see in the first pic which is just above the top of the grip, and right below the hammer, will pummel your hand after about 50 rounds of stout .44 mag ammo, and you'll leave the range with a sore hand. So when I'm target shooting with that piece, I hold the grip about an inch lower down to avoid that somewhat pointed part of the frame, and that way, I can put just about as many rounds through it as I want to, without having a sore hand

Yep meant Rosewood not the herb Rosemary...lol.

I do most of my shooting at my cabin on the hunting club. Right under my carport i setup my lead sled and chonograph. I used to do a lot of shotgun shell development testing using tungsten super shot. I developed these loads 10yrs ago with another guy, the factories finally caught up with us and started mass production for the public just last year. We would have to import the shot from China as fishing sinkers because customs could seize it as armor piercing components.

Last edited:
Yep meant Rosewood not the herb Rosemary...lol.

I do most of my shooting at my cabin on the hunting club. Right under my carport i setup my lead sled and chonograph. I used to do a lot of shotgun shell development testing using tungsten super shot. I developed these loads 10yrs ago with another guy, the factories finally caught up with us and started mass production for the public just last year. We would have to import the shot from China as fishing sinkers because customs could seize it as armor piercing components.
ok, correct me if I'm wrong: at least one advantage to tungsten shot is that it won't pollute the water in such cases as duck hunting, right? BTW I didn't realize that tungsten is a possible choice for armor piecing ammo. When I had my .50BMG caliber rifle, and AP ammo for that was still legal to buy in my home state, I cut open a black tip AP bullet head after pulling it out of the case, just to see what made it AP in the first place, and it was almost all steel, with a thin layer of led and ofcourse a copper jacket over that. But at least I thought it was steel. Now you have me wondering if it was actually tungsten I was looking at.

ok, correct me if I'm wrong: at least one advantage to tungsten shot is that it won't pollute the water in such cases as duck hunting, right? BTW I didn't realize that tungsten is a possible choice for armor piecing ammo. When I had my .50BMG caliber rifle, and AP ammo for that was still legal to buy in my home state, I cut open a black tip AP bullet head after pulling it out of the case, just to see what made it AP in the first place, and it was almost all steel, with a thin layer of led and ofcourse a copper jacket over that. But at least I thought it was steel. Now you have me wondering if it was actually tungsten I was looking at.

If they were AP 50cal then yes I'd bet on tungsten over steel. Yes it's non toxic and first developed for use in duck hunting because of the federal requirement for non toxic shot. Environ Metals was first to do this with a product called Hevishot which was a blend of metals with some tungsten which made a product that is 13g/cc, pure tungsten is 19g/cc and lead is 11g. TSS is pure tungsten 19g.

If they were AP 50cal then yes I'd bet on tungsten over steel. Yes it's non toxic and first developed for use in duck hunting because of the federal requirement for non toxic shot. Environ Metals was first to do this with a product called Hevishot which was a blend of metals with some tungsten which made a product that is 13g/cc, pure tungsten is 19g/cc and lead is 11g. TSS is pure tungsten 19g.

Just out of curiosity, how much was it costing to do a 10 pack? The prices right now are ridiculous for those shells.

c7dd69656f034cae3e74f817051a2f24.jpg

I like to have options. Errydayyyy

40 and 38+P.
Being ambidextrous has its rewards.
AAAHHH....a girl with a gun. I love it. I've taken my Mrs. shooting with me at the range, and she really liked learning the ropes, but I cannot get her to apply for her CC permit. She frequently visits her relatives who live in rough areas, so I sure would like for her to be packin some heat just in case, but she wants nothing to do with that. Anyway, more power to ya!!

Just out of curiosity, how much was it costing to do a 10 pack? The prices right now are ridiculous for those shells.

Cost to make is 4-8 bucks a shell for turkey. Depends on how heavy a load you want. I shoot 1 5/8oz 20ga #9s 1100fps. Nitro is ridiculous, plus piss poor customer service and a bunch of liars. I would buy Federal. Apex loads are over pressured and bulging barrels. Environ Metals are assholes too, they change their wads, hulls, buffer etc, then lie and say it's the exact same product. Ive dissected there shells from one year to the next with all components laid out and you could clearly see the different components and caught them in bold faced lies. This has been posted all over the internet for years. Friends and I have sent Nitro loads to Precision Reloading to have pressure tested and showed they were way over SAMMI spec, this was hevishot. Then Nitro would deny it even though the proof was sent to them.

Last edited:
c7dd69656f034cae3e74f817051a2f24.jpg

I like to have options. Errydayyyy

40 and 38+P.
Being ambidextrous has its rewards.

I've got similar setup Belle, S&W 642 Airweight .38cal for concealed carry with pocket holster and Glock 22 .40cal with open carry hip holster

Attachments

• 20181016_171158.jpg
    20181016_171158.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
Cost to make is 4-8 bucks a shell for turkey. Depends on how heavy a load you want. I shoot 1 5/8oz 20ga #9s 1100fps. Nitro is ridiculous, plus piss poor customer service and a bunch of liars. I would buy Federal. Apex loads are over pressured and bulging barrels. Environ Metals are assholes too, they change their wads, hulls, buffer etc, then lie and say it's the exact same product. Ive dissected there shells from one year to the next with all components laid out and you could clearly see the different components and caught them in bold faced lies. This has been posted all over the internet for years. Friends and I have sent Nitro loads to Precision Reloading to have pressure tested and showed they were way over SAMMI spec, this was hevishot. Then Nitro would deny it even though the proof was sent to them.
Because of the high price, I've turned to using RIO steel for ducks. I have nothing bad to say about those shells and are reasonably priced for your everyday sportsman.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
Because of the high price, I've turned to using RIO steel for ducks. I have nothing bad to say about those shells and are reasonably priced for your everyday sportsman.

I haven't tried Rio yet. I've been using the Winchester Blindside for a while now. They're expensive compared to normal steel but the knockdown and patterning is phenomenal compared to regular round steel shot. I can't afford the tungsten and bismuth alloys but I do really like them because of the shot size inconsistency. You get an awesome pattern with great knockdown but the whole $2+ a squeeze puts me off pretty hard lol. Especially in the Pacific flyway hunting public lands, not enough solid wings-folded shots to justify the cost imo

I haven't tried Rio yet. I've been using the Winchester Blindside for a while now. They're expensive compared to normal steel but the knockdown and patterning is phenomenal compared to regular round steel shot. I can't afford the tungsten and bismuth alloys but I do really like them because of the shot size inconsistency. You get an awesome pattern with great knockdown but the whole $2+ a squeeze puts me off pretty hard lol. Especially in the Pacific flyway hunting public lands, not enough solid wings-folded shots to justify the cost imo

Well yeah if your shooting boxes of shells then TSS is gonna be very expensive. Turkey you usually only shoot one shell so it's no problem. TSS also works for protection, Deer, Hog, etc. Steel or some hybrid blend is what you need, or maybe hevishot or hevimetal. I've shot ducks with TSS but I load hevishot mostly for duck, here in the southeast you don't get to shoot much, mostly just wood ducks and few teal.

Nice man, I used to own a 10mm. Colt Delta Elite Stainless Govt. Issue. Never seen anyone else with a 10mm till your picture. I was told they quit making them cuz the slides were blowing off. I never had any issues like that but it did pack a punch. Ammunition was a bitch to find then it was pretty expensive to comparable rounds. This was before the net made ammunition more available. I loved that pistol.

Well yeah if your shooting boxes of shells then TSS is gonna be very expensive. Turkey you usually only shoot one shell so it's no problem. TSS also works for protection, Deer, Hog, etc. Steel or some hybrid blend is what you need, or maybe hevishot or hevimetal. I've shot ducks with TSS but I load hevishot mostly for duck, here in the southeast you don't get to shoot much, mostly just wood ducks and few teal.

Hevishot is still crazy expensive lol. Maybe I'm just a cheap ass. By the time the birds get down in the valley they're usually pretty spooky, especially on public land. It's mostly fly by passing shots even when you get them on the call they still stay away from the call no matter how well concealed you are. Kinda annoying.

Id imagine loading it yourself is a good bit cheaper than buying the commercial stuff though

Nice man, I used to own a 10mm. Colt Delta Elite Stainless Govt. Issue. Never seen anyone else with a 10mm till your picture. I was told they quit making them cuz the slides were blowing off. I never had any issues like that but it did pack a punch. Ammunition was a bitch to find then it was pretty expensive to comparable rounds. This was before the net made ammunition more available. I loved that pistol.
I believe they are making them again, but only in stainless steel, (no more blued like mine is). There are plenty of places on the net that sell a big variety of 10mm ammo now, (like you said). I really like the 10mm caliber. As you know, it packs a lot of punch.

You have me wondering about the slides blowing off of these guns. Because I've noticed the slide on mine getting nicked up in one particular area from using full power 10mm ammo at the range, (lots of 10mm ammo at the local stores is watered down, almost to the point of being like .40cal ammo). So I'm going to have a gun smith check it out. I'm glad you made mention of that. I never heard that about the Delta Elite pistols.

I believe they are making them again, but only in stainless steel, (no more blued like mine is). There are plenty of places on the net that sell a big variety of 10mm ammo now, (like you said). I really like the 10mm caliber. As you know, it packs a lot of punch.

You have me wondering about the slides blowing off of these guns. Because I've noticed the slide on mine getting nicked up in one particular area from using full power 10mm ammo at the range, (lots of 10mm ammo at the local stores is watered down, almost to the point of being like .40cal ammo). So I'm going to have a gun smith check it out. I'm glad you made mention of that. I never heard that about the Delta Elite pistols.

Yeah man I loved the 10mm round as well, I bought mine off a guy at a local gun show that was just walking around with a for sale sign on the case(that was legal back then). It was mint condition and he said he only shot around 100rds through it. I asked him why he was selling it and he said he had a hard time finding ammo. I didn't sweat it though cuz at that time I knew alot of people that made thier own ammo/reloads plus all the gun dealers I knew. I figured i would find the ammo pretty easy. I was wrong man, and it did take me FOREVER to find the 10mm ammo(internet wasnt as popular back then) When I finally found a dealer with the ammo he and i had a long conversation about the 10mm ammo and the gun itself. He was the one that told me about the slides blowing off. He told me that 10mm's were all the hype till the slides started blowing off. He said most manufacturers then focused on the .40cal and slowly phased out the 10mm. I shot the shit outta mine and never had any issues at all...I don't even recall it jamming 1 time bro, it was very solid, felt great in my hand and packed a punch. It was stamped right on the gun "Govt. Issue U.S. Customs" which goes along with some of the stuff that dealer told me. He had told me that for a while a few govt agencies used them till they had issues with the slides. That's why I was shocked when I saw your pic with a 10mm. I figured they were long gone by now. I never came across anyone else who actually had a 10mm and infact when I called around to far away gun shops to ask for 10mm ammo before making a long drive there, a couple guys kinda laughed at me and thought I was wrong about the caliber of my gun. Had I been able to purchase 10mm ammo easily back then I would still own that gun. Nowadays with the internet thriving so hard I bet somewhere there's more info about the problems with the 10mm. I haven't researched it yet but I might now just to see how accurate the info that gun dealer told me was. If I recall correctly I think I paid 20-22$ box for 50rds of LOW GRADE ammo as I didnt exactly have choices. I'm sure nowadays it's much easier to find good ammo and plentiful. Have u pumped alot of rounds through yours??

This is my back up concealed, I call it my pocket rocket. Chambered in a 22Mag. I even have a laser for it but never have mounted it. Not like the laser is practical.
77957BAE-3D90-4827-B1B7-8D889F03A6EF.jpeg

Hevishot is still crazy expensive lol. Maybe I'm just a cheap ass. By the time the birds get down in the valley they're usually pretty spooky, especially on public land. It's mostly fly by passing shots even when you get them on the call they still stay away from the call no matter how well concealed you are. Kinda annoying.

Id imagine loading it yourself is a good bit cheaper than buying the commercial stuff though

Yeah hevishot doubled in price in the last 10yrs, i probably have 50lbs, then I have another 25lbs of another 13g megashot that was made by someone else. Then 16g Ts and 18g TSS.

Damn just checked, hevishot went way up again....250.00 for 7lbs..wow

Yeah man I loved the 10mm round as well, I bought mine off a guy at a local gun show that was just walking around with a for sale sign on the case(that was legal back then). It was mint condition and he said he only shot around 100rds through it. I asked him why he was selling it and he said he had a hard time finding ammo. I didn't sweat it though cuz at that time I knew alot of people that made thier own ammo/reloads plus all the gun dealers I knew. I figured i would find the ammo pretty easy. I was wrong man, and it did take me FOREVER to find the 10mm ammo(internet wasnt as popular back then) When I finally found a dealer with the ammo he and i had a long conversation about the 10mm ammo and the gun itself. He was the one that told me about the slides blowing off. He told me that 10mm's were all the hype till the slides started blowing off. He said most manufacturers then focused on the .40cal and slowly phased out the 10mm. I shot the shit outta mine and never had any issues at all...I don't even recall it jamming 1 time bro, it was very solid, felt great in my hand and packed a punch. It was stamped right on the gun "Govt. Issue U.S. Customs" which goes along with some of the stuff that dealer told me. He had told me that for a while a few govt agencies used them till they had issues with the slides. That's why I was shocked when I saw your pic with a 10mm. I figured they were long gone by now. I never came across anyone else who actually had a 10mm and infact when I called around to far away gun shops to ask for 10mm ammo before making a long drive there, a couple guys kinda laughed at me and thought I was wrong about the caliber of my gun. Had I been able to purchase 10mm ammo easily back then I would still own that gun. Nowadays with the internet thriving so hard I bet somewhere there's more info about the problems with the 10mm. I haven't researched it yet but I might now just to see how accurate the info that gun dealer told me was. If I recall correctly I think I paid 20-22$ box for 50rds of LOW GRADE ammo as I didnt exactly have choices. I'm sure nowadays it's much easier to find good ammo and plentiful. Have u pumped alot of rounds through yours??
I've only put about 500 rounds through it. They don't seem to be as rare around where I live. There's a small store here that has two of them for sale. Now as far as what you were told by that dealer, as far as the 10mm round itself, an article I read about it stated that it was originally developed for LE and for handgun hunting. It never really caught on for hunting, and LE dropped it because of the smaller police officers and the female ones complaining that it was too much recoil for them, and that's the reason why LE went to the .40 cal.

I cannot dispute nor confirm the story about the slides blowing off the frame on the Colt Delta elite pistols. but I was a firearm board a couple years ago, and there was a forum there specifically for us 10mm enthusiasts, and I never saw any of them speaking about there being an issue with the Delta Elite slides despit a number of them claiming that they had Delta Elite pistols of their own

Last edited:
I've only put about 500 rounds through it. They don't seem to be as rare around where I live. There's a small store here that has two of them for sale. Now as far as what you were told by that dealer, as far as the 10mm round itself, an article I read about it stated that it was originally developed for LE and for handgun hunting. It never really caught on for hunting, and LE dropped it because of the smaller police officers and the female ones complaining that it was too much recoil for them, and that's the reason why LE went to the .40 cal.

I cannot dispute nor confirm the story about the slides blowing off the frame on the Colt Delta elite pistols. but I was a firearm board a couple years ago, and there was a forum there specifically for us 10mm enthusiasts, and I never saw any of them speaking about there being an issue with the Delta Elite slides despit a number of them claiming that they had Delta Elite pistols of their own
Thanks for all that info TD. Seems like some of the info that dealer mentioned to me must have been true then because i do remember him saying about Govt agencies using them... then also the stamping on my 10mm saying "Govt Iss. US Customs".. What u mentioned also makes alot of sense too about why they possibly never caught on. It definitely had a good bit more recoil than a 9mm or a .40cal which i could see being a problem for female agent or someone who didnt know how to handle the power.
I remember thinking to myself that if the slides were blowing off that Colt Co. would surely have to do a recall or something if it was occurring so often right?? Either way it didn't deter me from shooting mine because I figured they would have to recall them and I also felt like that pistol was VERY SOLID man. I loved that gun alot., serious knockdown power and I had no issues getting off 5-7 rounds very accurately from rapid fire., towards the end of the clip i got a little sloppy with accuracy, had I been able to get ammo easier I could have corrected that sloppiness towards the end of clip. As I mentioned I would also still own it if the ammo wasnt so sparse back then. I used to take pics of my guns(35mm pics) back then, I will look through some later today and see if i can find pics of that particular pistol. Years later I picked up a *S&W* 1911 with Crimson Laser Grip., and that .45 took more to control then my 10mm and I had to take a 1 second pause in between shots to be accurate with it. I should have just put the 10mm away and held onto it man. Knowing now that the internet has made that ammo available for everyone I would enjoy having that gun.

P.S. Love that snub .44 you pictured too.!!! Holy shit that fucker probably feels like a damn M-80 going off in your hand?, lol.. I'm down to smaller cals. these days... my favorite currently are .380 and 38. They are good enough for my self/home defense pistol wise. I'm very accurate with both from first to last shot and ammo is very accessible and pretty cheap for practice and target shooting.

Back