Chicken--For those who boil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Don't you guys have a hard time choking down boiled chicken? The texture is so dry it's almost impossible to chew unless it's blended up in a shake. I'm gonna post some more recipes up for you guys, I have some new ones like Mexican adobo chicken that are awesome
    Pressure cooker man....it’s juicy like rotisserie chicken....I know the thread is about boiled chicken, it’s similar but less dry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool View Post
    The best chicken I can make is cooking it in those oven bags you use for turkey. The secret seems to be cooking just until done and not a minute longer. But I still have trouble making moist chicken breasts even doing it that way. Usually end up going to Costco lol.
    That's a good idea. I've never thought about that. Guess I'll be picking up some turkey bags this evening lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Pressure cooker man....it’s juicy like rotisserie chicken....I know the thread is about boiled chicken, it’s similar but less dry.
    This I want to try. I've heard great things about pressure cookers for chicken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rep Points

Chipotle Chicken Breast

~4lb Chicken breast

Caldo de pollo (Mexican chicken bullion)

1*small*can La Costeña brand chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

1 large yellow onion

Boil chicken breasts with a few tablespoons of bullion and the chopped onion until done. Shred chicken. Put chipotle peppers in blender with 1/3c or so of the chicken water, a couple tablespoons of the chicken bullion, and some of the onion that cooked with the chicken. Blend until peppers are fairly smooth. Add sauce back to the chicken.*

The amount of peppers are to taste...too many and it'll blow your face off if you're not used to hot food. Chipotle peppers in adobo are pretty hot compared to regular jalepeños The amount of bullion depends how salty you want it to be, we keep it fairly low on salt ourselves.*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts
    Rep Points

Chipotle Chicken Breast

~4lb Chicken breast

Caldo de pollo (Mexican chicken bullion)

1*small*can La Costeña brand chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

1 large yellow onion

Boil chicken breasts with a few tablespoons of bullion and the chopped onion until done. Shred chicken. Put chipotle peppers in blender with 1/3c or so of the chicken water, a couple tablespoons of the chicken bullion, and some of the onion that cooked with the chicken. Blend until peppers are fairly smooth. Add sauce back to the chicken.*

The amount of peppers are to taste...too many and it'll blow your face off if you're not used to hot food. Chipotle peppers in adobo are pretty hot compared to regular jalepeños The amount of bullion depends how salty you want it to be, we keep it fairly low on salt ourselves.*
    NICE DUDE.!! Those chipotle peppers in that Adobe sauce are pretty damn hot!! I make a chipotle remoulade for crab cakes using that Adobe sauce and they are some zingers man!!

Do u like spicy food bro?? I have a nice crop of the infamous "Ghost Peppers" going that half the crop are ripe and fire engine red. So shiny oozing with capsaicin!! They used to be the hottest pepper in the world, but they are currently 5th or 6th. Carolina Reaper, Trinidad Scorpion..a few others are the current hottest ones. All organic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    545 Posts
    Rep Points

Don't you guys have a hard time choking down boiled chicken? The texture is so dry it's almost impossible to chew unless it's blended up in a shake. I'm gonna post some more recipes up for you guys, I have some new ones like Mexican adobo chicken that are awesome
    Naw, its very easy to add moisture back..once its prepped and in my containers for the day..I either add a little water or olive oil if i use it for that meal and shake it up with the lid on...ends up being VERY moist...it soaks the water or oil right up.
    GAINTRAIN IS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER, ANYTHING I SAY OR DO IS NOT TRUE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by movingsteel 79 View Post
    NICE DUDE.!! Those chipotle peppers in that Adobe sauce are pretty damn hot!! I make a chipotle remoulade for crab cakes using that Adobe sauce and they are some zingers man!!

Do u like spicy food bro?? I have a nice crop of the infamous "Ghost Peppers" going that half the crop are ripe and fire engine red. So shiny oozing with capsaicin!! They used to be the hottest pepper in the world, but they are currently 5th or 6th. Carolina Reaper, Trinidad Scorpion..a few others are the current hottest ones. All organic.
    I love hot stuff. One of these days I want to setup an indoor grow of peppers so I can have them year round lol. I usually stick with jalapeños, serranos, and habaneros because they're always available here. Plus the other standard green chilis like poblanos, hatch, and fresnos for mild sauces

Quote Originally Posted by GainTrain View Post
    Naw, its very easy to add moisture back..once its prepped and in my containers for the day..I either add a little water or olive oil if i use it for that meal and shake it up with the lid on...ends up being VERY moist...it soaks the water or oil right up.
    Interesting. Guess I'll have to try it again, I add green chili sauce to pretty much everything so that would take care of the moisture problem...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Rep Points

Get a pressure cooker yet? Dude, moist chicken in 18 minutes...don’t get better than that....the chicken will stink after you refrigerate it....but, still good brah!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    212 Posts
    Rep Points

I love hot stuff. One of these days I want to setup an indoor grow of peppers so I can have them year round lol. I usually stick with jalapeños, serranos, and habaneros because they're always available here. Plus the other standard green chilis like poblanos, hatch, and fresnos for mild sauces

Interesting. Guess I'll have to try it again, I add green chili sauce to pretty much everything so that would take care of the moisture problem...
    Me too man, I like all those peppers u mentioned and a few others. Same reasons, would be sweet to grow indoors for sure. When I grow some i always like to try atleast 1 different kind i never grew before. I feel like anything more than a Habanero is too much heat. These Ghost peppers will need to be toned down before I can even see how they taste. Thai Dragons are really good, remind me of a Cayenne but the yield is much greater. Japs and Serr. are killer too. Hungarian Hot and Wax are great as well. Anaheim reminds me of those 2 but less spicy. Nothing beats garden fresh for any vegetables man.