• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Baby's First Food aka Bad Parenting/Grandparenting

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
We all know the first child is a big deal to a new parent. Every new parent worries about making sure to follow everything they've heard and read, especially when it comes to feeding. Having said that, we also know we loosen up those rules a lot more on the next child, and by the time a third comes along, we'll let them eat something they dropped on the floor and not freak out. I keep trying to tell my kids this as they become new parents, but it's falling on deaf ears. Especially when it comes to those before bed meals. So let's hear it...what "horrible" thing did you feed your child/grandchild at "too" early of an age.

Here's mine:
First child: a little of the baby rice cereal added to bottle at 1 month--everything else "by the book"
Second child: a little of the rice cereal at week 2 and baby food by month 3 and nibbles from my plate at 6 months (soft foods, like mashed potatoes)
Third child: rice cereal in formula after first week and mashed potatoes and gravy at one month. After that, it was anything they wouldn't choke on. Kid was eating toddler food before they had half their teeth.

I'm not saying the kids got mashed potatoes and gravy every meal or anything like that, but it never hurt them to try something or step to that next level even if they weren't exactly 6 months, 12 months, etc.

I put dirt in both my kids mouths so they would develop antibodies quicker and more effectively.

Back