• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Must Read-Cholesterol Study

Epidemiological studies should always be questioned because they don't do any real testing - they just look at a population of people and analyze the data that those people provided to draw a conclusion. A different group of doctors could look at the same data and support a claim that statins are good. I agree with you opinion of statins, though. Our body manufactures cholesterol for a reason and I think you do more harm than good by eliminating them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Very good point bro. I like your knowledge. Glad to have you in GC country!

Epidemiological studies should always be questioned because they don't do any real testing - they just look at a population of people and analyze the data that those people provided to draw a conclusion. A different group of doctors could look at the same data and support a claim that statins are good. I agree with you opinion of statins, though. Our body manufactures cholesterol for a reason and I think you do more harm than good by eliminating them.

Cholesterol is an important bodily compound, most Dr's jsut think "LDL" and not "LDL-A" or "LDL-B". There is a good LDL (fluffy particles) that is rarely discussed. Then there is the hard/troublesome BB/Pellet like particles that cause inflammation.
I took statins for 12 years, killed my natty Test levels, caused anxiety, libido issues, etc. I took myself off them,and just do some niacin and red yeast rice from Norway, my lipids are fine. After reading "The great cholesterol myth" I was sold on their dangers.

Some folks do need them, but not the high numbers that are prescribed today. My daughters Dr wanted to put her on them, her level was like 223 (shes only 24) I told the Dr. to screw...

Right on bro. Taking our health back in our own hands!
L

Cholesterol is an important bodily compound, most Dr's jsut think "LDL" and not "LDL-A" or "LDL-B". There is a good LDL (fluffy particles) that is rarely discussed. Then there is the hard/troublesome BB/Pellet like particles that cause inflammation.
I took statins for 12 years, killed my natty Test levels, caused anxiety, libido issues, etc. I took myself off them,and just do some niacin and red yeast rice from Norway, my lipids are fine. After reading "The great cholesterol myth" I was sold on their dangers.

Some folks do need them, but not the high numbers that are prescribed today. My daughters Dr wanted to put her on them, her level was like 223 (shes only 24) I told the Dr. to screw...

Right on bro. Taking our health back in our own hands!
L

Right on... Don't let these doctors make you a client and a repeated Customer because of some gold standard textbook template...

Right on... Don't let these doctors make you a client and a repeated Customer because of some gold standard textbook template...
It's worse than that, they are pushers for big pharma, treating the symptoms and not the cause. People mock the bodybuilding life style because of our choice of PEDs but we eat clean, train hard and know when to rest. We are healthier than the majority of the population and will outlive most of them.

Well said!!!

It's worse than that, they are pushers for big pharma, treating the symptoms and not the cause. People mock the bodybuilding life style because of our choice of PEDs but we eat clean, train hard and know when to rest. We are healthier than the majority of the population and will outlive most of them.

I do not have the disdain others do for doctors.

First of all, there was a lot of evidence back in the 70's (albeit we know now incorrect) that cholesterol was a major factor for heart disease.

Pharma only produced drugs to counter high cholesterol as there was a market for this drug. I took Lipitor for 18 years but stopped about 5 years ago.

My new doctor said he would not put me back on statins because the difference would be minimal for reducing heart disease. After a few decades we now have the stats on men and women based on age and race and now we know statins are not what fixed heart disease. Stats for me is that over the next 10 years I have only a 10% chance of developing heart disease without a stain, and only drops to 7.5% taking a statin. He said with physical activity my chance of getting heart disease is even lower.

As far as doctors making money on drugs, my prescriptions are cheap, how would doctors make money on a $8 a month prescription? And how does this work? Does a doctor get a paycheck from big pharma while working for a hospital system? I wouldn't think that would even be possible.

IML Gear Cream!
Valid points Skip.

With that said, my role as a high level executive in a certain industry allows me the opportunity to network with executives in many areas of life. Some of these are in the Pharmaceutical industry. I know for a fact that this industry has been responsible for shady studies which place their pharmaceuticals in a positive light to both the doctors and general population. These studies play a key role in educating doctors on the various new pharmaceuticals. Samples are given out....patients are encouraged to try various newly developed pharmaceuticals to see how they like it. If the experience is positive then we have closed a deal and a prescription is written....thus the cycle is started. Doctors are offered monies by pharmaceutical sales companies to attend conferences or personal trips in lavish areas. It's just the way this game is played. It's way more complicated than this but I use this example as one of many ways that the system is semi corrupt. Regarding your prescriptions, it is true that some drugs are relatively cheap but please know that drug profit margins vary quite a bit. Money is made by this industry in either a strong margin or lesser margin with high volume. Look no further than the growing anti-depressant side of this industry. At the end of the day, follow the money. Aside from this, my biggest disdain is for doctors who refuse to educate themselves on the growing issue of declining levels of Testosterone in men. It can take an act of congress to get a man prescribed Testosterone but it's a piece of cake to prescribe hormones for women. These men who are legitimate candidates for TRT get so frustrated with the process that they go UGL to medicate themselves. I'm sorry for the rant, I'm just too close to this corruption of the industry to set back and not comment. I hope everyone realizes that in Europe, pharmaceutical companies are forbidden to advertise their products on TV.
Xxxooo
L

I do not have the disdain others do for doctors.

First of all, there was a lot of evidence back in the 70's (albeit we know now incorrect) that cholesterol was a major factor for heart disease.

Pharma only produced drugs to counter high cholesterol as there was a market for this drug. I took Lipitor for 18 years but stopped about 5 years ago.

My new doctor said he would not put me back on statins because the difference would be minimal for reducing heart disease. After a few decades we now have the stats on men and women based on age and race and now we know statins are not what fixed heart disease. Stats for me is that over the next 10 years I have only a 10% chance of developing heart disease without a stain, and only drops to 7.5% taking a statin. He said with physical activity my chance of getting heart disease is even lower.

As far as doctors making money on drugs, my prescriptions are cheap, how would doctors make money on a $8 a month prescription? And how does this work? Does a doctor get a paycheck from big pharma while working for a hospital system? I wouldn't think that would even be possible.

Last edited:
Valid points Skip.

With that said, my role as a high level executive in a certain industry allows me the opportunity to network with executives in many areas of life. Some of these are in the Pharmaceutical industry. I know for a fact that this industry has been responsible for shady studies which place their pharmaceuticals in a positive light to both the doctors and general population. These studies play a key role in educating doctors on the various new pharmaceuticals. Samples are given out....patients are encouraged to try various newly developed pharmaceuticals to see how they like it. If the experience is positive then we have closed a deal and a prescription is written....thus the cycle is started. Doctors are offered monies by pharmaceutical sales companies to attend conferences or personal trips in lavish areas. It's just the way this game is played. It's way more complicated than this but I use this example as one of many ways that the system is semi corrupt. Regarding your prescriptions, it is true that some drugs are relatively cheap but please know that drug profit margins vary quite a bit. Money is made by this industry in either a strong margin or lesser margin with high volume. Look no further than the growing anti-depressant side of this industry. At the end of the day, follow the money. Aside from this, my biggest disdain is for doctors who refuse to educate themselves on the growing issue of declining levels of Testosterone in men. It can take an act of congress to get a man prescribed Testosterone but it's a piece of cake to prescribe hormones for women. These men who are legitimate candidates for TRT get so frustrated with the process that they go UGL to medicate themselves. I'm sorry for the rant, I'm just too close to this corruption of the industry to set back and not comment. I hope everyone realizes that in Europe, pharmaceutical companies are forbidden to advertise their products on TV.
Xxxooo
L

Well said Ldog. As a high level executive myself (C level), your statements are correct.

This opioid crisis they say we have, the system and docs created it because they gave them kickbacks on the drug sales. So now it is a problem and you know what they suggest to correct it? Their new methodone clinics...... Pot, meet kettle.

Thanks bro. I hope I didn't come across as arrogant in my explanation. I simply am familiar with some of the inner workings of this industry. Your point is well taken. It's a shame that folks are misled. It's time for people to educate themselves and do the research. I'll listen to a doctor's point of view but will also spend time learning about the situation on my own.

Well said Ldog. As a high level executive myself (C level), your statements are correct.

This opioid crisis they say we have, the system and docs created it because they gave them kickbacks on the drug sales. So now it is a problem and you know what they suggest to correct it? Their new methodone clinics...... Pot, meet kettle.

They make the studies work in their favor to push more drugs, more drugs is more sales for the billion dollar pharma industry. The most heart attacks are had by people w/ very low cholesterol levels.
Again, a very important sterol/compound. Very high levels in the brain, and needed there. Knock it down, youre causing some mental issues (anxiety, etc). Also causes ED, muscle damage and so on.
Of course there are those who need statins (familial cholesterol/hereditary issues) just not the average person w/ a 250 score.

Well said💪

They make the studies work in their favor to push more drugs, more drugs is more sales for the billion dollar pharma industry. The most heart attacks are had by people w/ very low cholesterol levels.
Again, a very important sterol/compound. Very high levels in the brain, and needed there. Knock it down, youre causing some mental issues (anxiety, etc). Also causes ED, muscle damage and so on.
Of course there are those who need statins (familial cholesterol/hereditary issues) just not the average person w/ a 250 score.

Valid points Skip.

Xxxooo
L
You make some good points and some I disagree.

Anytime a doctor or anybody gets free trips, hotel or dinning it is considered income and is reportable to IRS, I think patients should be able to see this before being prescribed medication. Almost all doctors work for hospital systems these days. I would find that a conflict. Educate doctors of the drugs? Yes, but compensation is wrong as it taints reasons for prescribing.

I agree that anti depressants are used too much.....especially when guys have low-t. Doctors are way more comfortable with prescribing Prozac over test but I think that comes from lack of knowledge, not some conspiracy.

My previous primary doctor who is now retired reluctantly helped me with TRT. He told me up front he was not sure about doses, frequency and so on. But, a good endocrinologist (which I have now) will prescribe 200mg test and 1,000ius of HCG per week. But yes, primary physicians do not know anything about test which by the way is a steroid.

It is wrong to advertise drugs, and I am not anti pharmaceutical but a 60 second clip can be a nightmare for reality and I think most people come away with wrong perception even if the commercial is factual.

Thank you Mr Foursome. May your mountain biking adventures produce solid gains in the quads:roflmao:

You make some good points and some I disagree.

Anytime a doctor or anybody gets free trips, hotel or dinning it is considered income and is reportable to IRS, I think patients should be able to see this before being prescribed medication. Almost all doctors work for hospital systems these days. I would find that a conflict. Educate doctors of the drugs? Yes, but compensation is wrong as it taints reasons for prescribing.

I agree that anti depressants are used too much.....especially when guys have low-t. Doctors are way more comfortable with prescribing Prozac over test but I think that comes from lack of knowledge, not some conspiracy.

My previous primary doctor who is now retired reluctantly helped me with TRT. He told me up front he was not sure about doses, frequency and so on. But, a good endocrinologist (which I have now) will prescribe 200mg test and 1,000ius of HCG per week. But yes, primary physicians do not know anything about test which by the way is a steroid.

It is wrong to advertise drugs, and I am not anti pharmaceutical but a 60 second clip can be a nightmare for reality and I think most people come away with wrong perception even if the commercial is factual.

Didn't take it that way at all ldog. I get it as well, just a different perspective. Good information.

Thank you Mr Foursome. May your mountain biking adventures produce solid gains in the quads:roflmao:

Meh, it does not work that way for me but it does for others. Aerobic exercise engages slow twitch muscle fibers which are much smaller than the fast twitch muscle fibers.

But these guys do not seem to have that problem.

manc_wc13_German_Legs.jpg

Get Shredded!
Dang Skip...the dude on the far right is jacked...we may need to test him for use of Gearchurch quality products:coffee:

Meh, it does not work that way for me but it does for others. Aerobic exercise engages slow twitch muscle fibers which are much smaller than the fast twitch muscle fibers.

But these guys do not seem to have that problem.

manc_wc13_German_Legs.jpg

Never in a 1000 years I will use statins. Several of my family members including my grandmother passed well in their 90's with cholesterol levels over 300 and heart failure was not the reason for death.

Great genetics bro!

Never in a 1000 years I will use statins. Several of my family members including my grandmother passed well in their 90's with cholesterol levels over 300 and heart failure was not the reason for death.

No doubt. Thanks for checking in!

Thanks. What they all had in common was no alcohol or smoking.

Sugar and Inflammation is the worst thing for body.

Back