• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pinning and pip issues .. Wrong gauge tip ???

BadGas

H-AS Board Rep
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So this discussion comes up all the time about PIP and some of the causes of it..

Many of you pin quads.. like myself..

Because of scar tissue build up in my shoulders.. I stopped pinning my delts about 2 years ago.. and I do not pin glutes.. just quads..

Well.. I use to use 23g - 1in pin tip.. and every pin would leave me sore.. sometimes more painful than others..

About 2 years ago... I was telling Rambo (former member here) about my pip issues pinning quads, no matter the compound..
He suggested I used 25g - 5/8in tip .. and told me that it's painless..
He also explained how there are many veins run through the quad and that this tip will help to avoid nicking them..

Ever since switching to the 25g tip.. I've had zero pip issues .. and I sometimes pin 3mL at a time and still zero pip ...

As fate would have it.. I still have some of my old 23g - 1in pin tips in my stash spot.. Last week I decided I'd give it a try just to see how it effected me..

A week later.. I can still feel some soreness in my quad from pinning last week.

In conclusion.. this little experiment reminded me of what I already know.. which is stick with 25g tips when pinning quads.. they make all the difference in the world.

Just wanted to share this with those who may struggle with pip issues as I did .. Hope this helps ..

I actually get less pip when I started using 23g 1 and 1.25" pins. I used to use 25g, but when I'm pushing in large volumes I shake a lot because I have to push so hard to get it in. This seems to be causing more scarring and damage than the smooth push of a 23g for me.

Interesting though

It depends on the brand of pin too. I have some that are like sticking pencils in you, others are smooth. I use 25g 1 inch myself. I used a 23g to draw.

I never liked pinning quads. I pin chest before quads.

So this discussion comes up all the time about PIP and some of the causes of it..

Many of you pin quads.. like myself..

Because of scar tissue build up in my shoulders.. I stopped pinning my delts about 2 years ago.. and I do not pin glutes.. just quads..

Well.. I use to use 23g - 1in pin tip.. and every pin would leave me sore.. sometimes more painful than others..

About 2 years ago... I was telling Rambo (former member here) about my pip issues pinning quads, no matter the compound..
He suggested I used 25g - 5/8in tip .. and told me that it's painless..
He also explained how there are many veins run through the quad and that this tip will help to avoid nicking them..

Ever since switching to the 25g tip.. I've had zero pip issues .. and I sometimes pin 3mL at a time and still zero pip ...

As fate would have it.. I still have some of my old 23g - 1in pin tips in my stash spot.. Last week I decided I'd give it a try just to see how it effected me..

A week later.. I can still feel some soreness in my quad from pinning last week.

In conclusion.. this little experiment reminded me of what I already know.. which is stick with 25g tips when pinning quads.. they make all the difference in the world.

Just wanted to share this with those who may struggle with pip issues as I did .. Hope this helps ..

pin size deff adds to pip..its a puncture wound no matter how you slice it or dice it.. I use 25g for almost everything... all quad pins are 5/8ths (I can honestly say I have a reduction in quad pip by 80% just by using 5/8ths)
I have zero issues with quads now unlike prior.. when I used 5/8's on quads it was like doing the VG for the first time, just amazed on how easy and painless it was like why haven't I done this prior.

I always hit nerves in my legs. Finally gave up and now focus on glutes, delts or pecs.

I always hit nerves in my legs. Finally gave up and now focus on glutes, delts or pecs.

Same here, always hit a nerve in my quads. If i do hit them its with a slin pin on the very upper outside of the quad, and still always ends up hurting.

Delts, Glutes, Lats, are my go to

It depends on the brand of pin too. I have some that are like sticking pencils in you, others are smooth. I use 25g 1 inch myself. I used a 23g to draw.
this is true, I pin a lot for diabetes and used all sorts of brands, BD are definately one of the best. Also pushing a drop of oild out to lubricate the needle before sticking helps

this is true, I pin a lot for diabetes and used all sorts of brands, BD are definately one of the best. Also pushing a drop of oild out to lubricate the needle before sticking helps

I think i have seen you post this before, I started doing this and it really has made a difference for me. No more pulling or tugging when pulling the pin out.

IML Gear Cream!
23G 1 inch BD syringes
Pain and pip free

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I actually quit lubing the tip like that because I noticed it causes more leakage when I pull the pin out. It takes longer for the hole to close up vs just leaving it as is. Just my experience, but I'm finding this is a much bigger problem when injecting larger volumes, which I'm pushing 3cc 5 days a week right now

Once I switched to 25g 5/8in.. It's not happened one time since.. I'm almost day 9 i believe since blasting the 23g 1in.. and it's still just a tad sore when I crouch down..

No soreness whatsoever when I pin the 25g in quads.. nothing.

It just amazes me how similar.. yet different we all are..

I actually quit lubing the tip like that because I noticed it causes more leakage when I pull the pin out. It takes longer for the hole to close up vs just leaving it as is. Just my experience, but I'm finding this is a much bigger problem when injecting larger volumes, which I'm pushing 3cc 5 days a week right now

Doesn't a small air bubble in pin usually solve this problem (so long as the air bubble is the last thing you inject..lol).. ??

Doesn't a small air bubble in pin usually solve this problem (so long as the air bubble is the last thing you inject..lol).. ??
I do that too lol. I pull about 1/10 of a cc of air. It helps a little, it really just makes the bubbles come out of the hole first so I can plug it before the oil comes out lol

is it actual leakage or is it the oil drip that rolled down the needle. I had some oil on my delt after pinning yesturday, I assume its from the needle and not leaking out cause after I wipe with the alcohol wipe its dry and nothing coming out

is it actual leakage or is it the oil drip that rolled down the needle. I had some oil on my delt after pinning yesturday, I assume its from the needle and not leaking out cause after I wipe with the alcohol wipe its dry and nothing coming out
Definitely leakage. My delts are bad about it because I used to beat the hell out of them with pins. I just started having my fiancee work on the scar tissue work a lacrosse ball though and it seems to be helping a lot

27g 1 inch. If I go less I sometimes get pip or bruising. I like to make sure it's deep in the muscle. Glad everything is working out for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back