• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

ART Topic 9/11 Recovery!

IML Gear Cream!
Bro,

Do you think your ART therapy assists in breaking up scar tissue from so many injections?
This is one of the things I focus on with smashing/rolling and it makes a huge difference in the adhesions at injection site, especially quads and glutes. Still trying to figure out how to break up my delts

Bro,

Do you think your ART therapy assists in breaking up scar tissue from so many injections?
that is a great question!!!

Exactly...my delts are the main issue. Are you simply using a rolling pin to work the quads?

This is one of the things I focus on with smashing/rolling and it makes a huge difference in the adhesions at injection site, especially quads and glutes. Still trying to figure out how to break up my delts

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you V....this finds me well💪

that is a great question!!!

This is my exact problem. I compare it to popping the clutch on a car. From zero to 100mph in 3 secs. Sleep study scheduled this week, so we'll see how that goes. Probably headed for a cpap.
bingo.. The moment my eyes open from a nod-off or whatever its like dumping a glass of water down the back of a TV, shit just starts short circuiting and going haywire.. I have a major thinking problem..

Recovery is a broad subject but a very important one.

Mobility/Prehab/Rehab: I'm one of those guys that gets hurt fairly easily because my body just isn't designed to be strong or carry a manly amount of muscle. Bigger and stronger equals injury for me. So mobility seems to be a very important one for me. Thanks to Skip's advice, I went and bought "Becoming a Supple Leopard" by Kelley Starrett. That introduced me to aggressive muscle smashing, flossing, and other mobility exercises that have made a huge difference in my recovery. Stretching is very important imo, I use static stretches after working each bodypart to help maintain ROM and elasticity. I use floss bands to improve elbow and knee mobility. Muscle smashing and tacking and flossing to work out adhesions and tight spots, as well as breaking up scar tissue from injections. I also have been learning self-ART which seems to be making a huge difference in my problem areas like shoulder girdle and forearms. I also have a problem with patellar tracking and adhesions, so a couple times a week I do patellar mobilizations to keep them from binding up again. Deep tissue massage is also very beneficial and I get it in whenever I can. I find the more painful the better.

Sleep: One of the most important ones. I make it a point to get as much as possible, especially with the training intensity tren2k puts me through. If I can squeeze out an extra 15 minutes I'll do it. Unfortunately I still average around 5 hours a night, but I shoot for 6+. As far as supplements, the only ones I use now are cannabis based. I use a higher THC vape to get to sleep, and about 1-2mg of indica based THC tincture to keep me sleeping solid for 5 hours without a hangover. If I know I'm going to be and to sleep more, I'll swap the tincture for a 5mg THC gummy. Otherwise, the only things that help me sleep are pharmaceuticals like Klonopin, temazepam, and Seroquel. In my experience though, the benzos end up making your sleep less restful, defeating the purpose. So I don't use them anymore.

Diet: Diet is obviously a huge factor. Enough protein (up to 1.5g per lb) and for me enough carbs are both important, of course enough healthy fats as well. Eating crap makes me sleep crappy too for some reason, so I rarely eat even dirty cheats. I also think refeeds are important for recovery when dieting, with carbs or carbs and fat depending on progress, drugs, etc. I also think restoration of insulin sensitivity is really important when bulking as well since greater insulin sensitivity makes your food get utilized better. Another is pre-bed nutrition. I've always found that a good slow digesting protein and some healthy fats before bed help recovery tremendously.

Rest days: Weekends are off, for both recovery and mental health. I am finding that the current two days of in a row seem to work better for recovery than having three days off that are split up. I think this one will vary from one individual to another. Training more than 5 days weekly doesn't do anyone any good except those that are genetically gifted. Almost all of us are the rule, not the exception.

Drugs: I think there's a methodology that can be applied to the drugs we use. I think a good combination of test, a 19-nor, and raised IGF-1 from some sort of GH or peptides is the winning ticket when it comes to recovery. I cruise on test and NPP or test and tren to enhance recovery of muscle and connective tissue. At low doses I think tren is safe and raises IGF-1 enough to greatly enhance recovery over a normal cruise. I've also started adding TB-500 into my normal routine to enhance recovery by means of upregulation of actin and angiogenesis. More blood flow equates to more nutrient delivery, which should increase recovery. We'll see.

Exactly...my delts are the main issue. Are you simply using a rolling pin to work the quads?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you V....this finds me well
I use a piece of 1" PVC pipe actually, or I'll use a barbell at the gym. You can use a barbell to get the front delts but the sides are hard. I bet if you put your arm above your head and laid on your stomach you could have someone else work out the delts. I'm gonna have my fiancee do it tonight actually...

Well said bro💪

Recovery is a broad subject but a very important one.

Mobility/Prehab/Rehab: I'm one of those guys that gets hurt fairly easily because my body just isn't designed to be strong or carry a manly amount of muscle. Bigger and stronger equals injury for me. So mobility seems to be a very important one for me. Thanks to Skip's advice, I went and bought "Becoming a Supple Leopard" by Kelley Starrett. That introduced me to aggressive muscle smashing, flossing, and other mobility exercises that have made a huge difference in my recovery. Stretching is very important imo, I use static stretches after working each bodypart to help maintain ROM and elasticity. I use floss bands to improve elbow and knee mobility. Muscle smashing and tacking and flossing to work out adhesions and tight spots, as well as breaking up scar tissue from injections. I also have been learning self-ART which seems to be making a huge difference in my problem areas like shoulder girdle and forearms. I also have a problem with patellar tracking and adhesions, so a couple times a week I do patellar mobilizations to keep them from binding up again. Deep tissue massage is also very beneficial and I get it in whenever I can. I find the more painful the better.

Sleep: One of the most important ones. I make it a point to get as much as possible, especially with the training intensity tren2k puts me through. If I can squeeze out an extra 15 minutes I'll do it. Unfortunately I still average around 5 hours a night, but I shoot for 6+. As far as supplements, the only ones I use now are cannabis based. I use a higher THC vape to get to sleep, and about 1-2mg of indica based THC tincture to keep me sleeping solid for 5 hours without a hangover. If I know I'm going to be and to sleep more, I'll swap the tincture for a 5mg THC gummy. Otherwise, the only things that help me sleep are pharmaceuticals like Klonopin, temazepam, and Seroquel. In my experience though, the benzos end up making your sleep less restful, defeating the purpose. So I don't use them anymore.

Diet: Diet is obviously a huge factor. Enough protein (up to 1.5g per lb) and for me enough carbs are both important, of course enough healthy fats as well. Eating crap makes me sleep crappy too for some reason, so I rarely eat even dirty cheats. I also think refeeds are important for recovery when dieting, with carbs or carbs and fat depending on progress, drugs, etc. I also think restoration of insulin sensitivity is really important when bulking as well since greater insulin sensitivity makes your food get utilized better. Another is pre-bed nutrition. I've always found that a good slow digesting protein and some healthy fats before bed help recovery tremendously.

Rest days: Weekends are off, for both recovery and mental health. I am finding that the current two days of in a row seem to work better for recovery than having three days off that are split up. I think this one will vary from one individual to another. Training more than 5 days weekly doesn't do anyone any good except those that are genetically gifted. Almost all of us are the rule, not the exception.

Drugs: I think there's a methodology that can be applied to the drugs we use. I think a good combination of test, a 19-nor, and raised IGF-1 from some sort of GH or peptides is the winning ticket when it comes to recovery. I cruise on test and NPP or test and tren to enhance recovery of muscle and connective tissue. At low doses I think tren is safe and raises IGF-1 enough to greatly enhance recovery over a normal cruise. I've also started adding TB-500 into my normal routine to enhance recovery by means of upregulation of actin and angiogenesis. More blood flow equates to more nutrient delivery, which should increase recovery. We'll see.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to start this asap!

QUOTE=GarlicChicken;1431740]I use a piece of 1" PVC pipe actually, or I'll use a barbell at the gym. You can use a barbell to get the front delts but the sides are hard. I bet if you put your arm above your head and laid on your stomach you could have someone else work out the delts. I'm gonna have my fiancee do it tonight actually...[/QUOTE]

Other methods of recovery ehnancement would include:

1. Hydrotherapy: immersion in hot or cold water or alternating between the two. This enhances blood flow and body temperature which can help with inflammation, immune function and muscle soreness. You could include a session in the sauna/steam room as well. My gyms don't have ice cold water tanks but they do have hot showers and saunas. Start at 15 min or so and adjust accordingly.

2. Light intensity aerobic activity such as very slow walking or swimming can help to remove lactate acid and metabolic wastes which may or may not build up in your system depending on the type and intensity of your workout.

3. Compression garments don't have a lot of scientific evidence but they are very popular. Just don't fall for the "copper infused" part. Its the compression, not the copper that appears to help.

However, the number one recovery method is the one nature intended: SLEEP. Treat everything else as a supplement....

Let's also not forget the mental aspect of recovery since its one of the indicators of overtraining. Unless you are an athlete, design your workouts to be as brief as possible while still achieving an anabolic response.

Get Shredded!
I am no guru on this subject, just life according to Skip :)

WHAT MAKES MY RECOVERY BETTER

Training Frequency
For me the four day split is better than five day. I wish I had come to realize this sooner as this is the one part of recovery that is most noticeable for me.

CPAP Therapy
This is a game changer for me. Prior to CPAP therapy I was constantly tired and it did effect me in the gym along with everything else in my daily life.

Quality of Sleep
I wear a FitBit watch and while it is not perfect at everything it has been very reliable and I use it as a tool to determine what helps me sleep better. Based on my results seven hours is the minimum sleep I need. I can tell you I have found sedatives not to be as good as you may think for the reason below.

Type of Sleep
I may be over simplifying this but my FitBit monitors three types of sleep, REM, deep and light sleep. REM sleep is for your brain and deep sleep is for your body and light sleep you need in general. I know if I get 1 1/2 hours of REM and deep sleep each along with 7 hours total sleep I am going to have a pretty good day at work and in the gym.

Growth Hormone
When I am off GH I do not sleep as well, I do take breaks with GH and when I do my sleep suffers somewhat.

WHAT MAKES MY RECOVERY WORSE

Alcohol
Pretty much a no brainer

AAS
Not so much test but most everything else causes sleep that is interrupted. I know everyone would agree tren does this but even NPP causes my heart to race at night. Any orals seem to do the same and interrupt sleep....for the most part. Best ancillaries that do not interfere with my sleep are probably primo and mast.

But any high dose is going to throw me off with sleep, best way to cure this is lower doses, it works for me.

T4
Anything over 50mcg causes sleeplessness. I will admit that doe not stop me but I do it foe short durations when I bring GH up to 20ius a week for fat burning.

Overtraining
I experienced this early this year as I was on a cut and honestly I needed to train hard to get where I needed to but my sleep suffered. It was hardcore lack of sleep for four weeks and eventually subsided for the most part but this is where you have to find balance.

When I sleep
When I go to bed at different times it does interrupt my ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.

When I was on 7 day swing shift I bought this little radio and downloaded “sleepscapes”. It helped relax my mind before I fell asleep and I felt like I slept better and fell asleep faster. It’s like sounds of nature type stuff on an 8 hour loop.

When I was on 7 day swing shift I bought this little radio and downloaded “sleepscapes”. It helped relax my mind before I fell asleep and I felt like I slept better and fell asleep faster. It’s like sounds of nature type stuff on an 8 hour loop.
I love that stuff. Not sure what mine is made by but I like the summer crickets best :)

Ocean waves are second best.

I’m a rain forest kinda guy, myself :)

I love that stuff. Not sure what mine is made by but I like the summer crickets best :)

Ocean waves are second best.

Is there a cicada noise version? It has been cooler in TX lately and they have been making their noises at dusk. Its quite relaxing to me. Other than that i will sometimes put on a youtube rainfall sounds. Helps me get to sleep, but I eventually have to turn it off.

TX_hempknight;1431929[I said:
]Is there a cicada noise version?[/I] It has been cooler in TX lately and they have been making their noises at dusk. Its quite relaxing to me. Other than that i will sometimes put on a youtube rainfall sounds. Helps me get to sleep, but I eventually have to turn it off.
Not on my machine.

I have to look when I get home.

I remember crickets, waterfall, rain, ocean waves, thunderstorm.......and I think that is it.

But the one I have is not exactly expensive, my kids got it for me on Fathers Day but it certainly does the trick.

I am no guru on this subject, just life according to Skip :)

WHAT MAKES MY RECOVERY BETTER

Training Frequency
For me the four day split is better than five day. I wish I had come to realize this sooner as this is the one part of recovery that is most noticeable for me.

CPAP Therapy
This is a game changer for me. Prior to CPAP therapy I was constantly tired and it did effect me in the gym along with everything else in my daily life.

Quality of Sleep
I wear a FitBit watch and while it is not perfect at everything it has been very reliable and I use it as a tool to determine what helps me sleep better. Based on my results seven hours is the minimum sleep I need. I can tell you I have found sedatives not to be as good as you may think for the reason below.

Type of Sleep
I may be over simplifying this but my FitBit monitors three types of sleep, REM, deep and light sleep. REM sleep is for your brain and deep sleep is for your body and light sleep you need in general. I know if I get 1 1/2 hours of REM and deep sleep each along with 7 hours total sleep I am going to have a pretty good day at work and in the gym.

Growth Hormone
When I am off GH I do not sleep as well, I do take breaks with GH and when I do my sleep suffers somewhat.

WHAT MAKES MY RECOVERY WORSE

Alcohol
Pretty much a no brainer

AAS
Not so much test but most everything else causes sleep that is interrupted. I know everyone would agree tren does this but even NPP causes my heart to race at night. Any orals seem to do the same and interrupt sleep....for the most part. Best ancillaries that do not interfere with my sleep are probably primo and mast.

But any high dose is going to throw me off with sleep, best way to cure this is lower doses, it works for me.

T4
Anything over 50mcg causes sleeplessness. I will admit that doe not stop me but I do it foe short durations when I bring GH up to 20ius a week for fat burning.

Overtraining
I experienced this early this year as I was on a cut and honestly I needed to train hard to get where I needed to but my sleep suffered. It was hardcore lack of sleep for four weeks and eventually subsided for the most part but this is where you have to find balance.

When I sleep
When I go to bed at different times it does interrupt my ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.

You know that really has me thinking with the version you put up with the type of sleep.. my sleep apnea hasn't been too bad compared to what it is when I'm on certain compounds especially Trenbolone.. But now that I'm taking this new sleep Med I don't know if I have issues or not because I'm knocked out.. my wife is telling me I'm snoring pretty loud but that's a good indication for me that I'm sleeping but that's also a bad indication as well...
More and more I think about this topic I know I need to go to a clinic but the last time I spoke with them it was going to cost me a lot of money out of pocket, and believe it or not we have Superior Insurance.. unless there's something I can do differently?

You know that really has me thinking with the version you put up with the type of sleep.. my sleep apnea hasn't been too bad compared to what it is when I'm on certain compounds especially Trenbolone.. But now that I'm taking this new sleep Med I don't know if I have issues or not because I'm knocked out.. my wife is telling me I'm snoring pretty loud but that's a good indication for me that I'm sleeping but that's also a bad indication as well...
More and more I think about this topic I know I need to go to a clinic but the last time I spoke with them it was going to cost me a lot of money out of pocket, and believe it or not we have Superior Insurance.. unless there's something I can do differently?
Sleep studies are done at home now.

You simply pickup the sleep study machine at the sleep center, take it home and wear it that night and then return to them to assess. Let me see if I can find what we paid, I do not remember it being expensive and our insurance is shit.

I have the ResMed Air Touch 10 CPAP machine and I think you can get it for a grand these days. It is self titrating so you do not have to get adjustments made at the clinic, those days are over.

Like I previously said you would be amazed what a FitBit tells you about your quality of sleep and how I have found AAS really messes with my quality of sleep.

EDIT: Just checked and average at home sleep study is $150-$500.

Not to derail thread, but Skip is right. The sleep study I'm doing will be a home one. Insurance companies prefer home ones since they're cheaper.

Sleep studies are done at home now.

You simply pickup the sleep study machine at the sleep center, take it home and wear it that night and then return to them to assess. Let me see if I can find what we paid, I do not remember it being expensive and our insurance is shit.

I have the ResMed Air Touch 10 CPAP machine and I think you can get it for a grand these days. It is self titrating so you do not have to get adjustments made at the clinic, those days are over.

Like I previously said you would be amazed what a FitBit tells you about your quality of sleep and how I have found AAS really messes with my quality of sleep.

EDIT: Just checked and average at home sleep study is $150-$500.

The wife and I are about to head out the door in a moment I just checked back to see if you replied.. I'm going to inbox you my dude soon as we get back and pick your brain apart if you don't mind...
And like I said my dude they wanted to knock us over the head with the price.. money is not an issue but at the same time I don't have it like that to just drop, I'm more of a hoarder than a Spender.. but if I'm going to drop what they were asking it better be worth it..

This is how far I'm behind on this topic, I had zero clue that you can do the study at home now.. in fact that would be great to have it in my own settings because I have rituals..

Let me hit the grocery store and then I'm going to private message you my dude

Haven't posted here in a while but great topic..
Recovery is such an important topic I can't resist.

Key factors of recovery is to balance muscle breakdown and repair.

1. Training
*Timing of training is important. Better to train once you had a couple of meals in you.
*Training a muscle when it's properly recovered. If your overly sore after training your waiting to long to train that muscle again.
*If your not sore at after, it's possible your training it too soon.

2. Try to minimize the breakdown of muscle for energy during workouts.
*Easily digestible protein and carbs about 2hrs before. 1TBPs of peanut butter to limit insulin spike
*Quick digestible carbs and EAAs 30 min preworkout
*Intra workout aminos and possibly added quick carbs.

3. Maximize recovery
*Immediately post work out, Protein and fast digesting carbs
*1-1.5 hrs after training have another high protein meal. Amount of carbohydrates will be dependant on time of day.

4. Sleep and rest
* muscles and system can't recover if you don't rest.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Back