• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Colin Kaepernick Lands Nike Campaign 'Just Do It,' New Shoe Coming

Arnold

🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈🏳‍🌈
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Colin Kaepernick Lands Nike Campaign 'Just Do It,' New Shoe Coming

2:03 PM PT -- As part of the new deal Colin negotiated with Nike, the Swoosh will be putting out a new signature shoe and apparel ... and making substantial contributions and donations to Colin's Know Your Rights foundation.

It's true, Colin had a preexisting deal with Nike but we're told his team renegotiated -- it's essentially a new deal.

Colin Kaepernick has signed a new deal with Nike to become the face of the "Just Do It" 30th anniversary campaign -- a deal that was put together in the past couple of weeks and will pay the QB fresh cash ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Colin posted the new ad that reads, "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything. Just do it." Our sources tell us Colin's legal team -- Mark Geragos and Ben Meiselas -- put the deal together recently. Kaepernick has been in business with Nike before but we're told Nike cut him a brand new check for this particular campaign.

What's interesting is that Nike also has deals with several NFL teams. And with Colin's collusion case getting the green light to move forward it puts the sport's apparel giant in a precarious position. Clearly, Colin has a strong fan base -- that includes celebrities like Jay-Z, Serena Williams and Meek Mill -- and Nike feels it's worth to align its interest with someone many people feel is a warrior for social justice.

Of course, Nike will have its critics -- we're looking at you, Trump -- who feel Colin is the opposite of a hero. Trump famously called Colin and other kneelers "Sons of bitches" for their national anthem demonstrations. Colin seems pumped about the new deal ... he's already posted the new ad images on his Twitter.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/03/colin-kaepernick-lands-nike-campaign-just-do-it/

Attachments

• 0903-colin-kaepernick-nike-logo-tmz-3.jpg
    0903-colin-kaepernick-nike-logo-tmz-3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 53
Nike is officially screwed...

I understand and agree with kaepernicks message however because of my lack of faith in humans I saw this as a publicity stunt, an act to ensure future income and noteriety after realizing that his football career might be cut short for whatever reason. I’m not saying it isn’t a worthwhile cause but a lot of social justice warriors give me the impression that there hearts aren’t in it for the right reasons. I feel they all want to be the next Rosa parks. Just my perception on the human race in general.

They rewarded an ingrate and wonder why we have no stability in our environment.

this dumbass should realize America allows him the freedom to get on his knee during the national anthem so really he is contradicting himself. some countries they would put a bullet in your head for that crap. God bless America.

Don't know if people know this but Nike is a marketing company, not really a shoe and apparel company.

They make a shoe that costs $5.00 a pair and hype it up with logos, sponsors and catching statements then charge $140.00 a pair.

Their products suck! Anybody that knows ANYTHING about mountain biking or running shoes would tell you Nikes fucking blow!

When it comes to real shoes for people in certain sports will opt for New Balance, Asiacs and so on.

This is all a calculated marketing scheme obviously but trust me, Nike being the *marketing* guru that they are they will figure a way to make this work.

Last edited:
I understand and agree with kaepernicks message however because of my lack of faith in humans I saw this as a publicity stunt, an act to ensure future income and noteriety after realizing that his football career might be cut short for whatever reason. I’m not saying it isn’t a worthwhile cause but a lot of social justice warriors give me the impression that there hearts aren’t in it for the right reasons. I feel they all want to be the next Rosa parks. Just my perception on the human race in general.

Really? You agree with his “message”?

Don't know if people know this but Nike is a marketing company, not really a shoe and apparel company.

They make a shoe that costs $5.00 a pair and hype it up with logos, sponsors and catching statements then charge $140.00 a pair.

Their products suck! Anybody that knows ANYTHING about mountain biking or running shoes would tell you Nikes fucking blow!

When it comes to real shoes for people in certain sports will opt for New Balance, Asiacs and so on.

This is all a calculated marketing scheme obviously but trust me, Nike being the *marketing* guru that they are they will figure a way to make this work.

Been wearing nikes a long time, every pair i have had to put in new inserts. My wife bought me a pair of new balance for my bday, they are really comfortable.

Really? You agree with his “message”?
It’s a free country so even tho the platform he chose I think shows a lot of disrespect you can’t deny the fact that there are racist cops who target the black community. The choke out in NYC, the child support evader in South Carolina, the janitor in Minnesota. Some of this shit is so unacceptable so yes I understand his intent on bringing awareness to this situation. I also understand the way some young black and white kids live there lives. Gang mentality, extremely violent intentions, drugs so when a police officer is constantly dealing with these things it’s understandable to be a little trigger happy. Like I said before. Black kids need father figures, education, and the drive to want to succeed and remove themselves from the ghetto. The white man should not be condemned for all of society’s failures. But, police officers need to be held accountable as well. Missouri was wrong about Michael Brown, the kid was asking for it but those other examples are just fucked up.

Guy is a silver spoon fed spoiled brat who has been given everything and has contributed nothing back. He is beyond gifted athletically, yet cannot win ball games. MLK was a great American hero, this guy is a POS.

The dude was given up for adoption by his white birth mother, adopted by two white parents, is an active Christian and doesn’t want to meet his real mom(I don’t blame him she seems only interested in him now that he has money). I feel like he’s got some unresolved issues. He didn’t grow up poor, got good grades and took advantage of his athletic ability. Spoiled? Perhaps but it’s safe to say that this controversy puts his name out there. The guys smart, won’t ever be broke and now is prolly more famous than he woulda been. I personally don’t think he is a bad dude, but i
also don’t think he’s ever suffered oppression. Hmmmm I don’t know.

It’s a free country so even tho the platform he chose I think shows a lot of disrespect you can’t deny the fact that there are racist cops who target the black community. The choke out in NYC, the child support evader in South Carolina, the janitor in Minnesota. Some of this shit is so unacceptable so yes I understand his intent on bringing awareness to this situation. I also understand the way some young black and white kids live there lives. Gang mentality, extremely violent intentions, drugs so when a police officer is constantly dealing with these things it’s understandable to be a little trigger happy. Like I said before. Black kids need father figures, education, and the drive to want to succeed and remove themselves from the ghetto. The white man should not be condemned for all of society’s failures. But, police officers need to be held accountable as well. Missouri was wrong about Michael Brown, the kid was asking for it but those other examples are just fucked up.

Ok I went and reread the articles, the choke out in nyc was an accident, they were trying to subdue him but he resisted, the only reason police were called is because he was peddling cigarettes in front of a store so how are the cops racist in that one? I also read about another chokeout that happened a few months ago, an ex nfl player was choked out because he chased someone in a road rage incident then threatened to shoot the cops, he lived, but let me guess the cops are just racists, right? Are you really going to ignore the fact that there are plenty of black officers in this country too?

I looked up some stats too, 457 whites were killed by police in 2017 compared to 223 black people, if cops are so racist explain that one. That number is also doubled for this year as well up til now

So here’s the real question for you and mr sjw, why doesn’t he bring awareness to the real problem, the next Michael brown is out on the streets right now waiting to get shot by a cop but kap doesn’t seem to care about that unless he gets killed by a cop

But what do I know I’m just some racist, go ahead and support stupidity

I don’t necessarily support Colin’s ‘racism made me famous’ protest. I can’t support it because I’m not black and the black community has made it clear that I will never understand the plight of the black man cuz my skin isn’t dark enough. I just agree that racism exists and dude shouldn’t die for that reason alone. However racism is individual not systemic so you’d have to weed out the racists individual so the system is running ‘fairly’ and that is impossible. From the police officers perspective, the ones near the violent gang activity, I get why those accidents might occur. And from your view point I agree, the kids need to be taught right from wrong and motivated to achieve more in life. I feel like this whole movement is being hijacked by thugs as a way to ‘get out of jail free’. The dudes I look out for are my friends who have families and are working and want to live a happy life and not be harassed daily because they are black. Those scenarios happen for sure, I’ve seen them. They probably don’t happen as often as main stream media is trying to portray but still.... if you were being targeted (which we are now because we are white so we’re automatically guilty of being racist it seems- more so in the eyes of far left white people who are suspiciously trying to make up for something they didn’t do) daily youd wanna catch a break too. I just try to put mmy self in other people’s situations so I can understand better.

Ok I went and reread the articles, the choke out in nyc was an accident, they were trying to subdue him but he resisted, the only reason police were called is because he was peddling cigarettes in front of a store so how are the cops racist in that one? I also read about another chokeout that happened a few months ago, an ex nfl player was choked out because he chased someone in a road rage incident then threatened to shoot the cops, he lived, but let me guess the cops are just racists, right? Are you really going to ignore the fact that there are plenty of black officers in this country too?

I looked up some stats too, 457 whites were killed by police in 2017 compared to 223 black people, if cops are so racist explain that one. That number is also doubled for this year as well up til now

So here’s the real question for you and mr sjw, why doesn’t he bring awareness to the real problem, the next Michael brown is out on the streets right now waiting to get shot by a cop but kap doesn’t seem to care about that unless he gets killed by a cop

But what do I know I’m just some racist, go ahead and support stupidity

The 2017 stats of 223 black people shot vs 457 white person shot by police officers is correct. But according to census African americans represent 13.4 percent of the population.

The 2017 stats of 223 black people shot vs 457 white person shot by police officers is correct. But according to census African americans represent 13.4 percent of the population.

So, realistically and for the most part, what is the reason that a higher percentage of blacks are being shot by law enforcement than whites? Scenario A or B?

A.) Blacks are the victims. They are minding their own business while being targeted and sought out by law enforcement.

B.) Blacks are involved in more crimes and suspicious activities and therefore have a higher rate of interaction with law enforcement.

And someone please help me understand the correlation between Kaeperdick's cause and kneeling during the National Anthem because all I see it doing is disrespecting the men and women that have sacrificed their lives for our country?

The idea behind was to get this conversation started. Which, it seems to have done. Now side b is the immediate cause and the argument is black community’s are oppressed and they have to turn to violence because the white man is racist.

The idea behind was to get this conversation started. Which, it seems to have done. Now side b is the immediate cause and the argument is black community’s are oppressed and they have to turn to violence because the white man is racist.

Right. This is the same "victim" mentality that my white, drug addict step-son has. Always ending up in jail and wondering why. Hates law enforcement and feels he's being targeted. He takes no accountability or responsibility for his actions. He blames his mother for the way he turned out, even though his brother is very successful and raised by the same parents.

Sorry, but it is a stupid conversation or argument.

Only reason why it has any legs is because the media feeds off it (as the saying goes, if it bleeds it leads) and idiots buy into it.

I am neither.

Sorry, but it is a stupid conversation or argument.

Only reason why it has any legs is because the media feeds off it (as the saying goes, if it bleeds it leads) and idiots buy into it.

I am neither.
I don’t disagree brother. I have several friends of color that are irritated about the divide this has caused, even being shunned by there former friends for selling out because they don’t agree with everything that’s being used in this modern day ‘race’ war. I realize the problem at the core. That’s the fact that the modern day family has evolved, well disintegrated actually. Kids need family values and education and they aren’t getting it. Now the public school system is a war zone, no control. I feel, and I know this next comment made farva give me a red bar, but education reform in the sense of adopting a military style. I’m not saying martial law here, but dress codes and strict punishments for offenders. No more participation awards, etc... and also total individual ownership of ones life decisions. The slave days are over. If white people truly wanted to hold the black community down there would be affirmative action adopted by professional sports teams mandating a certain percentage of white players and Ben Carson doesn’t become a world renowned neurosurgeon. I feel like the conversation is worthwhile. I’d like to see safer streets more wholesome families and communities and a push in education so we could make some scientific breakthroughs. It seems the human race is stagnant for the past 50 years.

Get Shredded!
So, realistically and for the most part, what is the reason that a higher percentage of blacks are being shot by law enforcement than whites? Scenario A or B?

A.) Blacks are the victims. They are minding their own business while being targeted and sought out by law enforcement.

B.) Blacks are involved in more crimes and suspicious activities and therefore have a higher rate of interaction with law enforcement.

And someone please help me understand the correlation between Kaeperdick's cause and kneeling during the National Anthem because all I see it doing is disrespecting the men and women that have sacrificed their lives for our country?

Oh it’s definitely B, but kap conveniently ignores the real truth, which as I said, the facts prove

there is a article with a picture at the bottom of the picture is that mike brown or whatever that dudes name was shot in fergason and on top of it is 5 different white guys and it is captioned something like these 5 men were also shot by police on the same day as mike brown and were also unarmed. wish I could find it.

there is a article with a picture at the bottom of the picture is that mike brown or whatever that dudes name was shot in fergason and on top of it is 5 different white guys and it is captioned something like these 5 men were also shot by police on the same day as mike brown and were also unarmed. wish I could find it.

You don’t need to find it, the fact is twice as many whites are killed by police but you never heard of even one of them, it’s a false narrative and some people don’t want to accept the facts

Back