Colin Kaepernick Lands Nike Campaign 'Just Do It,' New Shoe Coming

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseljimmy View Post
    The 2017 stats of 223 black people shot vs 457 white person shot by police officers is correct. But according to census African americans represent 13.4 percent of the population.
    So, realistically and for the most part, what is the reason that a higher percentage of blacks are being shot by law enforcement than whites? Scenario A or B?

A.) Blacks are the victims. They are minding their own business while being targeted and sought out by law enforcement.

B.) Blacks are involved in more crimes and suspicious activities and therefore have a higher rate of interaction with law enforcement.

And someone please help me understand the correlation between Kaeperdick's cause and kneeling during the National Anthem because all I see it doing is disrespecting the men and women that have sacrificed their lives for our country?
    lll-lll Rest in peace Big Lou lll-lll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts
    Rep Points

The idea behind was to get this conversation started. Which, it seems to have done. Now side b is the immediate cause and the argument is black communityís are oppressed and they have to turn to violence because the white man is racist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    448 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    The idea behind was to get this conversation started. Which, it seems to have done. Now side b is the immediate cause and the argument is black communityís are oppressed and they have to turn to violence because the white man is racist.
    Right. This is the same "victim" mentality that my white, drug addict step-son has. Always ending up in jail and wondering why. Hates law enforcement and feels he's being targeted. He takes no accountability or responsibility for his actions. He blames his mother for the way he turned out, even though his brother is very successful and raised by the same parents.
    lll-lll Rest in peace Big Lou lll-lll

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,345 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Sorry, but it is a stupid conversation or argument.

Only reason why it has any legs is because the media feeds off it (as the saying goes, if it bleeds it leads) and idiots buy into it.

I am neither.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    Sorry, but it is a stupid conversation or argument.

Only reason why it has any legs is because the media feeds off it (as the saying goes, if it bleeds it leads) and idiots buy into it.

I am neither.
    I donít disagree brother. I have several friends of color that are irritated about the divide this has caused, even being shunned by there former friends for selling out because they donít agree with everything thatís being used in this modern day Ďraceí war. I realize the problem at the core. Thatís the fact that the modern day family has evolved, well disintegrated actually. Kids need family values and education and they arenít getting it. Now the public school system is a war zone, no control. I feel, and I know this next comment made farva give me a red bar, but education reform in the sense of adopting a military style. Iím not saying martial law here, but dress codes and strict punishments for offenders. No more participation awards, etc... and also total individual ownership of ones life decisions. The slave days are over. If white people truly wanted to hold the black community down there would be affirmative action adopted by professional sports teams mandating a certain percentage of white players and Ben Carson doesnít become a world renowned neurosurgeon. I feel like the conversation is worthwhile. Iíd like to see safer streets more wholesome families and communities and a push in education so we could make some scientific breakthroughs. It seems the human race is stagnant for the past 50 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TouaregV8 View Post
    So, realistically and for the most part, what is the reason that a higher percentage of blacks are being shot by law enforcement than whites? Scenario A or B?

A.) Blacks are the victims. They are minding their own business while being targeted and sought out by law enforcement.

B.) Blacks are involved in more crimes and suspicious activities and therefore have a higher rate of interaction with law enforcement.

And someone please help me understand the correlation between Kaeperdick's cause and kneeling during the National Anthem because all I see it doing is disrespecting the men and women that have sacrificed their lives for our country?
    Oh itís definitely B, but kap conveniently ignores the real truth, which as I said, the facts prove

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseljimmy View Post
    The 2017 stats of 223 black people shot vs 457 white person shot by police officers is correct. But according to census African americans represent 13.4 percent of the population.
    there is a article with a picture at the bottom of the picture is that mike brown or whatever that dudes name was shot in fergason and on top of it is 5 different white guys and it is captioned something like these 5 men were also shot by police on the same day as mike brown and were also unarmed. wish I could find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kudegras View Post
    there is a article with a picture at the bottom of the picture is that mike brown or whatever that dudes name was shot in fergason and on top of it is 5 different white guys and it is captioned something like these 5 men were also shot by police on the same day as mike brown and were also unarmed. wish I could find it.
    You donít need to find it, the fact is twice as many whites are killed by police but you never heard of even one of them, itís a false narrative and some people donít want to accept the facts