Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by gymprincess1989 View Post
    You are a guy??? If so or even as a woman 1400 calories are way too low. I am a female and dont go below 1800. 1700 would be a bare minimum if i was on a rest day at the end of a cut.

If that's where you are I would recommend a reverse diet and break. There is no way you should have to go that low to not gain fat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    weight loss is not my strong point because i was always in good shape and thin my whole life so i do not know if what i am doing is the best way to go but right now it seems to be working. i have never been fat my whole life then all of a sudden in my late 20s my metabolism just slowed down hard. if i can find the right foods to increase daily caloric intake and not get fat and still lose weight i will but right now it seems if i go over that 1400 calorie number i will not lose weight that week. once i get down and hit about 170-180 i plan to increase my calories to 1800 to 2000 calories a day to hopefully maintain adding muscle mass but right now i am just trying to get this fat off as best i can because i am FAT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kudegras View Post
    weight loss is not my strong point because i was always in good shape and thin my whole life so i do not know if what i am doing is the best way to go but right now it seems to be working. i have never been fat my whole life then all of a sudden in my late 20s my metabolism just slowed down hard. if i can find the right foods to increase daily caloric intake and not get fat and still lose weight i will but right now it seems if i go over that 1400 calorie number i will not lose weight that week. once i get down and hit about 170-180 i plan to increase my calories to 1800 to 2000 calories a day to hopefully maintain adding muscle mass but right now i am just trying to get this fat off as best i can because i am FAT.
    I had the same thing happen except it was around when i was 16. I was 225 by the time i was 20. But keeping calories that low isn't healthy or maintainable. It is normal to see your weight go up a bit when you add caloried back in. Everyones bodyweight flucuates even daily. It doesn't mean you gained fat. It usually extra water.

My advice is to slowly add them back. Maybe 50 to 100 calories a week until you reach maintenance.

Anyone who eat such minimal calories will lose weight but your metabolism will become damaged Nd eventually the muscle will disappear.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk