• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

40/40/20 macro split for cutting

Swolewelder

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone used this macro ratio during a cut? I’m looking at about 2500 cal per day. 6’1 232 lbs ~15-16% bf. I will also be adding 30 min LISS cardio 5x per week in addition to my 6 training days.

Anyone used this macro ratio during a cut? I’m looking at about 2500 cal per day. 6’1 232 lbs ~15-16% bf. I will also be adding 30 min LISS cardio 5x per week in addition to my 6 training days.
I am a female but i do a carb cycle.

High days 40% carb and protein 20% fat
Mod days 34%carb 44% protein 22% fat
Low days 27% carb 49% protein and 25% fat

But i have seen many people do that split for a cut. Everyone is different.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes. It depends entirely on your body type, but I respond extremely well to this

man just eating 2500 cals would have me losing weight. That doesnt seem like much food for a guy that is 6'1" and 230 lbs.

man just eating 2500 cals would have me losing weight. That doesnt seem like much food for a guy that is 6'1" and 230 lbs.
Holy crap yeah it is. I'd imagine he's got enough lean mads to feed more than that. Need to get a BodPod or dexa scan to see how much lean mass there is or you're just shooting in the dark with the calories

Holy crap yeah it is. I'd imagine he's got enough lean mads to feed more than that. Need to get a BodPod or dexa scan to see how much lean mass there is or you're just shooting in the dark with the calories

Yeah I plan on getting a bodpod scan in the next week so that will help me get a better number for total cals. My rough estimate for maintenance was ~3k-3100 cals so I just cut it down by 500 to start doing some pre planning. With that ratio I would be getting 250g of protein which to me seems like plenty for a cut so if I were to increase my calories would y’all up the fat or carbs?

Yeah I plan on getting a bodpod scan in the next week so that will help me get a better number for total cals. My rough estimate for maintenance was ~3k-3100 cals so I just cut it down by 500 to start doing some pre planning. With that ratio I would be getting 250g of protein which to me seems like plenty for a cut so if I were to increase my calories would y’all up the fat or carbs?
I would keep protein between 1-1.5g per lb of lean body mass once you get your BodPod. I respond well to carbs about the same, then adjust fats from there for cutting. How much cardio are you doing now? Might want to cut that back to say 3x weekly, then reassess once you start stalling and increase cardio before you take away food.

Make sure they calibrate the BodPod with the air tank, if they don't it can be wildly inaccurate. Some places don't and those are where BodPods can get a bad rap. They're solid imo as long as they're calibrated properly

oh man you guys are so lucky to have your fast metabolism. if i was to eat 2500 calories a day i would get fat even with my training i do. right now i am doing around 1400 calories a day and am losing a couple pounds of fat weight a week but adding muscle mass.

I would keep protein between 1-1.5g per lb of lean body mass once you get your BodPod. I respond well to carbs about the same, then adjust fats from there for cutting. How much cardio are you doing now? Might want to cut that back to say 3x weekly, then reassess once you start stalling and increase cardio before you take away food.

Make sure they calibrate the BodPod with the air tank, if they don't it can be wildly inaccurate. Some places don't and those are where BodPods can get a bad rap. They're solid imo as long as they're calibrated properly
Im I haven’t been doing any cardio except for incline treadmill 2x a week to work calves lol but I see what you are saying about saving the frequency for when I stall. And thanks for the heads up about the calibration this will be my first time using bodpod

oh man you guys are so lucky to have your fast metabolism. if i was to eat 2500 calories a day i would get fat even with my training i do. right now i am doing around 1400 calories a day and am losing a couple pounds of fat weight a week but adding muscle mass.

What? really you are adding muscle on 1400 cals a day?

My macros are mostly protein and fat though... my split to lose weight has less to to with total cals and more to do with blood sugar and insulin spikes. I can eat 3500 cals in fat, protein and veggies and lose weight. but If I eat that same amount with mostly carbs I would get soft real fast. Right now I am trying to gain a little so I am eating a lot of carbs post work out and only post work out, which is still reducing the spikes.. I do agree though that my metabolism seems to have more give than it used to now and can afford to eat more carbs...... and everyone is completely different when it comes to diet IMO, what works for one might not work for others.

IML Gear Cream!
What? really you are adding muscle on 1400 cals a day?

My macros are mostly protein and fat though... my split to lose weight has less to to with total cals and more to do with blood sugar and insulin spikes. I can eat 3500 cals in fat, protein and veggies and lose weight. but If I eat that same amount with mostly carbs I would get soft real fast. Right now I am trying to gain a little so I am eating a lot of carbs post work out and only post work out, which is still reducing the spikes.. I do agree though that my metabolism seems to have more give than it used to now and can afford to eat more carbs...... and everyone is completely different when it comes to diet IMO, what works for one might not work for others.
yes I am adding muscle on 1400 calories a day. I started off at 230 pounds and am now at 210 pounds after 2 months. I got labs done and body measurements done last week and was told I have added muscle to my body and lost fat weight.

I wanted to add there are a day about once every 2 weeks I will eat more than usual so I do not go crazy only dieting but I still try to keep those days somewhat healthy. I will not just eat a bunch of candy and chips no shit like that.

You are a guy??? If so or even as a woman 1400 calories are way too low. I am a female and dont go below 1800. 1700 would be a bare minimum if i was on a rest day at the end of a cut.

If that's where you are I would recommend a reverse diet and break. There is no way you should have to go that low to not gain fat.

You are a guy??? If so or even as a woman 1400 calories are way too low. I am a female and dont go below 1800. 1700 would be a bare minimum if i was on a rest day at the end of a cut.

If that's where you are I would recommend a reverse diet and break. There is no way you should have to go that low to not gain fat.

weight loss is not my strong point because i was always in good shape and thin my whole life so i do not know if what i am doing is the best way to go but right now it seems to be working. i have never been fat my whole life then all of a sudden in my late 20s my metabolism just slowed down hard. if i can find the right foods to increase daily caloric intake and not get fat and still lose weight i will but right now it seems if i go over that 1400 calorie number i will not lose weight that week. once i get down and hit about 170-180 i plan to increase my calories to 1800 to 2000 calories a day to hopefully maintain adding muscle mass but right now i am just trying to get this fat off as best i can because i am FAT.

weight loss is not my strong point because i was always in good shape and thin my whole life so i do not know if what i am doing is the best way to go but right now it seems to be working. i have never been fat my whole life then all of a sudden in my late 20s my metabolism just slowed down hard. if i can find the right foods to increase daily caloric intake and not get fat and still lose weight i will but right now it seems if i go over that 1400 calorie number i will not lose weight that week. once i get down and hit about 170-180 i plan to increase my calories to 1800 to 2000 calories a day to hopefully maintain adding muscle mass but right now i am just trying to get this fat off as best i can because i am FAT.
I had the same thing happen except it was around when i was 16. I was 225 by the time i was 20. But keeping calories that low isn't healthy or maintainable. It is normal to see your weight go up a bit when you add caloried back in. Everyones bodyweight flucuates even daily. It doesn't mean you gained fat. It usually extra water.

My advice is to slowly add them back. Maybe 50 to 100 calories a week until you reach maintenance.

Anyone who eat such minimal calories will lose weight but your metabolism will become damaged Nd eventually the muscle will disappear.

Back