• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How do I eat properly around school?

bearjew10

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey all,

So my new fall semester started and my tuesdays and thursdays are shit. It's going to be nearly impossible to eat full meals unless I eat them cold, which is fine i guess. But curious for tips and suggestions.

I have class 10-11:50, 12-1:50 and 2-4:50, so as you can see I'll have barely any time to sit down and eat anything. those 2 afternoon classes are labs, so i'm not allowed to bring food or drink into the lab. The 10 minutes in between classes, well 5 minutes of that is to walk to class. I'm thinking buy a few boxes of protein bars and rely on 1 in between each class? Thoughts?

I’d make a few shakes in the morning put em in shakers and bring em in a lunch box or something. Egg whites, oats, low-fat Greek yogurt, protein powder, bananas, and some whole milk or water.

Looks like you only need to worry about 1 or 2 feedings between lunch and your last class.
In that situation, with learning being the primary goal, I would take a sandwich or as a last resort, "protein bars" (even a snickers bar) to get me through to supper.
Good luck!

When I was in a similar position I would hard boil a half dozen eggs and put in a baggie.You can eat 3 on you way to your next class.

What I always do is like you said eat it cold or I make my own meal replacement trail mix with protein, oatmeal and almonds. It tastes good and replaces a meal. Protein powder is a big help when trying to do meal replacement. You can put it in almost anything.

I always just prepped and packed meals. Just the basics you need, so protein, carbs, fats, leave the veggies for later when you have more time to eat. Or, if you want vegetables, I process raw broccoli and cabbage in the food processor and mix a half cup in raw and use something like El Pato green enchilada sauce to make it edible cold. There's like 3g carbs in 1/4 cup, so I offset my rice accordingly.

I also did shakes with egg whites, whey isolate, raw oats, natural PB, maybe banana for my second meal on the way to class depending on schedule

Eat whatever you prep cold. This past summer I was a whitewater kayak guide, and I ate cold chicken, rice, and broccoli every weekend.

please do not eat protein bars. heck buy a case or 2 of mres and keep 1 in your backpack everyday. they even have a frh (flameless ration heater) so you can have a hot meal. i do that when i have to go do stuff where i will not be able to get a meal anywhere.

please do not eat protein bars. heck buy a case or 2 of mres and keep 1 in your backpack everyday. they even have a frh (flameless ration heater) so you can have a hot meal. i do that when i have to go do stuff where i will not be able to get a meal anywhere.
I would rather jerk off with a sandpaper glove before I ate another MRE.

Those damn things are like a carb log with no fiber, I remember not being able to shit for a few days sometimes when eating them nonstop for a week or more with no hot chow.

I'll leave those for you guys lol!

IML Gear Cream!
The last MRE I ate was dated 1944. (in 1973) I remember the peanut butter looked (and tasted) like dog crap.

I always kept a cooler in the truck. Microwaves are in the teachers lounges, they never had a problem with me using it.

Cold chicken with red duck sweet mustard sauce(2 tbs for dipping) and a cold broccoli salad or cold pea salads are pretty good

red duck mustard sauce- https://www.redduckfoods.com/shop/sweet-mustard-peppercorn

Pea salad- https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cold_pea_salad/

Broccoli salad- https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/228022/bacon-broccoli-salad-with-raisins-and-sunflower-seeds/

I took a lot of the mayo out of both the salads and replaced the sugar with stevia to taste.
Thanks for the recipes! I need to start making a broccoli salad, as of now I'm literally putting raw broccoli in my chicken and rice and just heating it in the microwave to cook it some lol

I think you're stressing this a little bit more than it really should be... It's much easier than you think, but first focus on your academics because the eating is trivial..

My suggestion for these days or any days for that matter, is prep cook. Set yourself up and put yourself in a good position, time everything accordingly so that your second meal is just prior to class, snack on some nuts in between intervals.. and worst case scenario if you can't eat a meal then you can simply drink it.. soon as class is over you can have everything timed out so that will be your third meal for the day, leaving you with one or two more meals depending on what your goal is..

We need to know what your goal is so we can better assist you with your Macros so you can just open and chug at the halfway point.. but definitely get into a habit of carrying a bag of nuts..

Like skittles in a brown paper bag

The last MRE I ate was dated 1944. (in 1973) I remember the peanut butter looked (and tasted) like dog crap.
dang man that sucks. mres have improved a lot since then and menu options are huge. if you eat the entire thing except the desert they are actually healthy and very nutritious. in my opinion the drink mix is better than any Gatorade or powerade sports drink. garlic chicken mentioned constipation but that can depend mostly on the mre menu type and if you are prone to constipation. i eat them usually 1 a week when I have to go somewhere I can not go get a meal anywhere like wheni have to take my grandpa to 1 of his all day doctor appointments. I never have any problems from them and usually feel pretty satisfied. they are packed with protein and provide energy. they are designed to get troops through a battlefield and are certainly better than protein bars.

You know, I have a sack of shriveled nuts that I've carried around for over 30 years...

Lol
There's 2 sides to every story, with that said, it's most likely 2 lips that you have confused..haha..

but I did walk into that one huh?:roflmao:

one thing i have been doing a lot is lettuce wraps. get a real good quality lettuce to do it. i like to boil chicken breast then cool and cut into cubes. mix with light mayo and cooked green peas and celery. add some seasonings then spread on lettuce and wrap. also take the same chicken and add some light soy sauce, plum or duck sauce and some cooked green onion and bean sprouts. i like to season mine with a little curry powder (very anti carcinogenic) and ginger (helps with digestion/stomach) and wrap in lettuce. make a few of those of whatever your favorite kind is and you got a great and nutrient rich meal with no need to heat or even use utensils with.

Back