Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hj2 View Post
    yeah maybe a little, I tend to come across pretty blunt
    No problems there. I am not one to want smoke up my ass. I want to learn whatever I can. I have lost weight multiple times in the past (60+) and never had an issue. I honestly didnt know that those things were bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by gymprincess1989 View Post
    What is recommended for replacements?

I thought triscuits were ok snacks cuz they are whole wheat low fat

- thought beans were ok. And vegetarian refried beans have 0 fat 15c and like 5p

The wraps I bought were high fiber with flaxseed. I thought they were healthy. 50 cal 11g of fiber 1.5f

Obviously the nachos werent and I knew that

where are your good natural starches? all I see is modified, processed starches.

triscuits are still crackers. modified starches. add stay away from "low fat, whole wheat" that usually means full of shit

No certain beans are good, but in very tight moderation. Refried beans are "refried" meaning they have been cooked again in oil doubling up the fats and usually vegetable oil which is omega 6s. too much omega 6 leads to excess inflammation which leads to bloating and water retention etc etc

Wraps especially "low fat, high fiber, low carb" are all bullshit. you'd be better off just eating a normal flour tortilla.

Hell the other day you ate ravioli.

Whats with all the cheese? Please tell me you aren't considering that your protein source. The only meal I saw that was okay was the chicken and rice. But the rice looked like bag bought dirty rice or something. Shit probably had 900mcg of salt per serving.

Fuck now Im ranting
    Mr Jassol to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hj2 View Post
    where are your good natural starches? all I see is modified, processed starches.

triscuits are still crackers. modified starches. add stay away from "low fat, whole wheat" that usually means full of shit

No certain beans are good, but in very tight moderation. Refried beans are "refried" meaning they have been cooked again in oil doubling up the fats and usually vegetable oil which is omega 6s. too much omega 6 leads to excess inflammation which leads to bloating and water retention etc etc

Wraps especially "low fat, high fiber, low carb" are all bullshit. you'd be better off just eating a normal flour tortilla.

Hell the other day you ate ravioli.

Whats with all the cheese? Please tell me you aren't considering that your protein source. The only meal I saw that was okay was the chicken and rice. But the rice looked like bag bought dirty rice or something. Shit probably had 900mcg of salt per serving.

Fuck now Im ranting
    Thank you. I guess i am looking for some good alternatives that can be easy and semi quick? I do read the labels. I didn't see those things in ingredients list that you mentioned. When I buy items I usually look that they have a fewer amount of ingredients. I am just maintaining right now and I am not competing or anything and it's not my Hope's to. I am just trying to stay as healthy as I can and enjoy training at the gym. I have 2 jobs and 3 kids so this cant be my top priority. I am just doing what I can. Sometimes it means getting things that are quick. I dont even have 2 hours where I can put aside all the time for the meal prepping. This is something I do to maintain my sobriety and control my eating disorder.

I just do the best I can with what I have to work with. The eating disorder isnt a help. I already know I can't do what some can. I dont have the disipline to do it and I can own that. I also want to live my life. I want to have a lifestyle not something that I feel is unbearable or torture. I am willing to take advice and work towards slowly making better choices and the changes I need to. My goal is never to be the leanest or biggest or strongest there is. I am happy to improve myself each year and have balance of each area.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and honesty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,100 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm not sure what kind of eating disorder you're dealing with, but my fiancee might be able to help some on that. Let me know, PM me if you want.

How do you like chicken and rice? I put low cal gravy, different salsas, ranch, buffalo ranch, chili sauce, soy, low cal teriyaki, other Asian sauces, you name it I cover it in it. Vary the type of rice (basmati, calrose, regular long grain, brown types, etc) too. Swap in sweet potato, I have a simple recipe for what is basically sweet potato pie filling with no added crap that's easy as hell. For beef I go between ground 90/10, cheap steaks, and lean roasts to make suffering stews out of, meatloaf, Italian meatballs, whatever. Homemade marinara is good on beef and chicken too and low sugar.

I also suggest buying an instant pot. Cuts meal prep time down by like 60-70%, no shit. Plus it's easy and greatly expands the variety of your meat dishes. Great investment imo. Best one I've made for meal prep.

At a time like now where you're basically maintaining, try following the 90/10 rule - 90% of your meals are good and the other 10 can be a little more lax. Just try not to blow it hard lol.

I also am an alcoholic amongst having problems with other substance abuse, and that's also very difficult. I've managed to finally get that under control though with the regimentation of bodybuilding. I do understand where you're coming from though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Rep Points

I have Belemia. It sucks but I have kept it in control for years now. But having it is like food is a drug but one you cant just cut. So not becoming overweight all these years is an accomplishment. I also do have to watch to not be overly restrictive as that can lead to a different issue. .

Thanks. That a good idea. The crock pot. That is something u can leave sit around and forget about and then just put in Tupperware for meals. I am sure there are recipes online for all kinds of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of eating disorder you're dealing with, but my fiancee might be able to help some on that. Let me know, PM me if you want.

How do you like chicken and rice? I put low cal gravy, different salsas, ranch, buffalo ranch, chili sauce, soy, low cal teriyaki, other Asian sauces, you name it I cover it in it. Vary the type of rice (basmati, calrose, regular long grain, brown types, etc) too. Swap in sweet potato, I have a simple recipe for what is basically sweet potato pie filling with no added crap that's easy as hell. For beef I go between ground 90/10, cheap steaks, and lean roasts to make suffering stews out of, meatloaf, Italian meatballs, whatever. Homemade marinara is good on beef and chicken too and low sugar.

I also suggest buying an instant pot. Cuts meal prep time down by like 60-70%, no shit. Plus it's easy and greatly expands the variety of your meat dishes. Great investment imo. Best one I've made for meal prep.

At a time like now where you're basically maintaining, try following the 90/10 rule - 90% of your meals are good and the other 10 can be a little more lax. Just try not to blow it hard lol.

I also am an alcoholic amongst having problems with other substance abuse, and that's also very difficult. I've managed to finally get that under control though with the regimentation of bodybuilding. I do understand where you're coming from though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Rep Points

I have Belemia. It sucks but I have kept it in control for years now. But having it is like food is a drug but one you cant just cut. So not becoming overweight all these years is an accomplishment. I also do have to watch to not be overly restrictive as that can lead to a different issue. .

Thanks. That a good idea. The crock pot. That is something u can leave sit around and forget about and then just put in Tupperware for meals. I am sure there are recipes online for all kinds of stuff.

Hey Girlie,
    An instant pot is a WHOLE different monster than a crock pot...they do EVERYTHING. Was going to get one at xmas...Sold out Check them out, might be a godsend.
    Have one of those air fryers too, its pretty good for preparing things quick.
    Know its not easy trying to keep a family fed and do your own its definitely a struggle. Im trying to look at it as a learning thing for my kids and incorporate more of what im eating into their meals so hopefully THEY start making better choices. But OMG...finding the time Ö

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsrobinson View Post
    Hey Girlie,
    An instant pot is a WHOLE different monster than a crock pot...they do EVERYTHING. Was going to get one at xmas...Sold out Check them out, might be a godsend.
    Have one of those air fryers too, its pretty good for preparing things quick.
    Know its not easy trying to keep a family fed and do your own its definitely a struggle. Im trying to look at it as a learning thing for my kids and incorporate more of what im eating into their meals so hopefully THEY start making better choices. But OMG...finding the time Ö
    Thanks lady! I thought an insta pot was the same as crock pot . I will look into em.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Rep Points

Montego1 turned me on to the instant pot and itís been awesome. I cook all my meats in it for the week and it takes no time at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by OnTopYaGirl85 View Post
    Montego1 turned me on to the instant pot and itís been awesome. I cook all my meats in it for the week and it takes no time at all.
    I am gonna invest in one. Anything time efficient is an A+ in my books

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Rep Points

I need one of these too....but GDI, where in the heck will I put it, my counters are jammed and will still have to keep out the foreman grill and the air fryer
    still....it does all of this:
    Replaces 10 common kitchen Appliances - pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, saute/searing, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer

And Id REALLY like to know if anyone has tried the YOGURT maker? YOGURT???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,100 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsrobinson View Post
    I need one of these too....but GDI, where in the heck will I put it, my counters are jammed and will still have to keep out the foreman grill and the air fryer
    still....it does all of this:
    Replaces 10 common kitchen Appliances - pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, saute/searing, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer

And Id REALLY like to know if anyone has tried the YOGURT maker? YOGURT???
    I haven't tried it yet but I've been thinking about it lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    I haven't tried it yet but I've been thinking about it lol
    Really ??? I SO want to know how to do this. Garlic, if you make it you have GOT to post up how it goes
    wondering if its one of those things that tastes completely different when you make it yourself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah it sucks but I am religious so I can only believe he was not meant to get saved. It was his time to go. GD doesnt less us ruin His plans.

But there's also a thing he allows....our own free will. There's God's will, and then there's ours. FWIW, I once heard someone speak on his "perfect" will for our lives, and then his "permissable" will. He let's us choose. Sorry for the digression here, but since you brought it up, I thought I'd make mention of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Rep Points

I am not christian. But we do have free will but if Gd decides it's time to go then you will go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    But there's also a thing he allows....our own free will. There's God's will, and then there's ours. FWIW, I once heard someone speak on his "perfect" will for our lives, and then his "permissable" will. He let's us choose. Sorry for the digression here, but since you brought it up, I thought I'd make mention of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    Rep Points

if Gd decides it's time to go then you will go.

agreed