• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Blood Work

Multislacking

ASF MVP
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My GP surprised me with some labwork. Luckily I've been off cycle awhile in preparation for TRT labwork. Supposedly all that was ordered was a "Chem 1" profile (I even watched her write it down). I'm only vaguely familiar with medical terminology, so I did the appropriate googling and I'm assuming this was a basic blood chemistry screen? Having said that...she also got my test number (916). Which I wouldn't think would have been included from my research. Unless she added something else to my chart *after* I left. She did question why my urologist had me at 250mg EW. I also know the different blood tests usually have to be prepped in different vials depending on things like coagulation, etc. I would have sworn my hormone test went off in it's own vial each time, but maybe I'm wrong.

What's your opinion? Did she add another blood test after I left? Or is it normal for hormones to be checked in a "Chem 1" test? It just seems like docs are getting a little sketchy about what they test for. I personally know someone who popped for thc during "normal" labwork due to illness recently.

I've always had to specifically ask for my testosterone levels to be checked when they are doing bloodwork. Routine labs are typically a CBC (complete blood count) and a CMP (comprehensive metabolic panel), but depending on what lab they use it's hard to say what's routine in their eyes.

Testosterone lab has to be begged for and some discussion as to why before they will do one around here. I think she loves you lol.

Seriously, you gotta know the secret handshake around these parts for hormone labs.

I think she loves you lol.

A couple of drinks and I'd hit it.

Seriously though, I hate having the same old conversation with docs when they find out what my test level is. Especially when it's still in the effin normal range. I get why she did it. She's looking for causes of my high bp. But I've had that issue my whole adult life and only on trt for a few years. And trt has not made it go up any extra.

Your Test level and dose per week is between you and your urologist...not your GP. It's things like this that caused me to manage my own health and labs. If I want my Test level at 3000 then so be it.....I run my own show💪

Your Test level and dose per week is between you and your urologist...not your GP. It's things like this that caused me to manage my own health and labs. If I want my Test level at 3000 then so be it.....I run my own show

Yep. I'm almost at that point. Getting tired of cycling around labwork every 6 mos.

It's things like this that caused me to manage my own health and labs. If I want my Test level at 3000 then so be it.....I run my own show

Me too, dog, me too.

I found dealing with doctors to be more of a hassle than it's worth. The things that really made me take control of my own healthcare is knowing how little doctors (GPs especially) really know, especially in regard to hormones and AAS, and the fact that they are motivated by big Pharma. It's all about the dollars to them.

seems unethical to not inform you what labs shes requesting, does she say shes gonna check your pulse then feel for your prostrate?

No doubt💪

Me too, dog, me too.

I found dealing with doctors to be more of a hassle than it's worth. The things that really made me take control of my own healthcare is knowing how little doctors (GPs especially) really know, especially in regard to hormones and AAS, and the fact that they are motivated by big Pharma. It's all about the dollars to them.

IML Gear Cream!
Actually, before I stared test, my BP was through the roof. Almost always it is stress. Test calmed me and relaxed me like I used to be. My BP normally now is in the 130s/75 or so. It used to run 150-160/95 for the better part of 5 years. My Doc didn't want me on BP meds as he said I was still young and those are permanent, he said.

He told me "Manage your stress or it will manage you."

Same here...I can bump up my trt dose 50mg and bp goes down to normal range. And then the doc wants to bump it back down because my hematocrit is 52. Never ending yo-yo.

Do you donate blood?

Same here...I can bump up my trt dose 50mg and bp goes down to normal range. And then the doc wants to bump it back down because my hematocrit is 52. Never ending yo-yo.

No. It's a real pain too, because that would be the easiest fix. I'm not squeamish or anything (have been around plenty of blood and guts)...but if I give more than about two vials of blood, it starts getting dark around the edges of my vision. I've never passed out completely, but I've had some bad episodes. Apparently the red stuff is supposed to stay inside my body. Nurses love to give me shit..."why is it ALWAYS the BIG guys?".

Worst one I had was 36hrs fasted. Nurse was on about the fifth vial and I was still doing ok. She took one look at me, and asked if I was doing ok. Before I could say "yeah" I was sliding out of the chair. It hits that fast. They wouldn't let me lay on the floor until it passed, so I had two 5' nurses under each arm and one behind me holding up on my belt. They wanted to walk me down to xray and let me lay on the table in there. I'm sure it was hysterical to watch, because it was like I was drunk off my ass and was staggering from one side of the hallway to the other and dragging them along with me.

Lol....dang bro...for God's sake never touch EQ😂

No. It's a real pain too, because that would be the easiest fix. I'm not squeamish or anything (have been around plenty of blood and guts)...but if I give more than about two vials of blood, it starts getting dark around the edges of my vision. I've never passed out completely, but I've had some bad episodes. Apparently the red stuff is supposed to stay inside my body. Nurses love to give me shit..."why is it ALWAYS the BIG guys?".

Worst one I had was 36hrs fasted. Nurse was on about the fifth vial and I was still doing ok. She took one look at me, and asked if I was doing ok. Before I could say "yeah" I was sliding out of the chair. It hits that fast. They wouldn't let me lay on the floor until it passed, so I had two 5' nurses under each arm and one behind me holding up on my belt. They wanted to walk me down to xray and let me lay on the table in there. I'm sure it was hysterical to watch, because it was like I was drunk off my ass and was staggering from one side of the hallway to the other and dragging them along with me.

Back