• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Too much iron?

elit3keraed

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I started eating black beans last week. Im broke as hell right now and so I have been basically eating multiple meals of 1 cup black beans, 1 cup rice, 4 oz of cooked chicken.

Im surprised at how god damned good it tastes and i dont even need much seasoning other than beef bullion for the rice.

Only issue is I am noticing greenish grey stools. I saw something mentioned that it could be that I am eating alot of iron (which...i guess 4 cups of black beans a day is a lot of iron).

Is this dangerous? I mean...i feel good, and I noticed a pretty quick change in my physique (less bloating). But then again my grandfather felt good up until he woke up one day and learned he had stage 4 cancer so i could be pretty fucked up I guess.

You're probably fine. When I make dietary changes my stool tends to get a little greenish for a bit and then goes back to normal. Dehydration also tends to give me green stools for some reason, and they're usually a precursor to a painful intestinal blockage for me. Not sure if that's specific to me or not.

That's the 2 cents I have. Mine had never really had any correlation to iron though

Yea oddly enough it seems to be leaning me out some. People have commented I looked bigger but i have actually dropped 2lbs since last week

Try a lil salsa on that=awesome!
I love beans, a bajillion Messicans can’t be wrong lol.

Yea oddly enough it seems to be leaning me out some. People have commented I looked bigger but i have actually dropped 2lbs since last week

Lotta fiber and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Back