• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Back pain after deads.....

gymprincess1989

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi all,

So yesterday i hit back and hit 3 different prs.

I did 315lbs for 5 and then went on to try 325lbs which i ended up getting 3. My form broke a little bit but nothing crazy. Now i have bad back pain. Like it hurts when i walk, when i turn certain ways and even bend to pick up my 30lb son.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated. I don't want to make it worse and i also don't want to miss gym days.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi all,

So yesterday i hit back and hit 3 different prs.

I did 315lbs for 5 and then went on to try 325lbs which i ended up getting 3. My form broke a little bit but nothing crazy. Now i have bad back pain. Like it hurts when i walk, when i turn certain ways and even bend to pick up my 30lb son.

Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated. I don't want to make it worse and i also don't want to miss gym days.

Thanks!

Are you using a belt?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Impressive, but time to take off some time from deadlifting.

- - - Updated - - -

Hang to stretch it out some and see if that helps.

Are you using a belt?

No i like to do it raw. Haha. I think i got too pumped up and forgot to assure my form was on spot. I did 315lbs for 4 last week and no issues. This is the first time i have had a back issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Yes, i will be taking some time off for awhile. . I will try that out.

No i like to do it raw. Haha. I think i got too pumped up and forgot to assure my form was on spot. I did 315lbs for 4 last week and no issues. This is the first time i have had a back issue.

Ok. Well, using a belt will make sure that your form is correct. You can begin to use your lower back too much to help with the heavy weight, and I believe that is what happened. Hence, your back being very sore. Use a belt or just go a little lighter to make sure you're not straining your back.
Congrats on your new PRs. Those are always fun, regardless!!

IML Gear Cream!
Anytime I go over (comfortable) max a bit (strain) I cant walk right for a week, same w/ squat. Xrays showed degeneration in disc's, so now I stay in my {heavy} comfort zone and try not to get new PR's...

- - - Updated - - -

You are strong as F##k BTW...

Rest and ice the back. If pain continues for a wk or 2 get an MRI to determine if you have a herniated disc that way you know how bad it is because trust me you don't wanna start having sciatica. Do lots of stretching. Piriformis str, hamstring stretch and prayer stretch. If you can find a facility that has a traction machine use it. That helped me out alot when I threw my back out doing heavy DL.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That is the problem with deadlifts and squats...if your form isn't perfect you can cause a real nice injury.

I highly suggest using a belt when going real heavy. Otherwise this will keep happening, and it will continually get worse the more it happens. Just wear the belt when you're really pushing it, otherwise you'll weaken all of the supporting muscles, which I'm sure you're worried about

I highly suggest using a belt when going real heavy. Otherwise this will keep happening, and it will continually get worse the more it happens. Just wear the belt when you're really pushing it, otherwise you'll weaken all of the supporting muscles, which I'm sure you're worried about
Thanks. Yeah usually i am good. I have never had a back prpblem before, even last week qhen i did 315 for 4. I just forgot to do my form checklist and got greedy getting all those prs in one day. It was too much. I will possibly look for belt though. Do you have recommendations for a good one?

I guess i hate the belt since people way over use them. I am talking 135lb squat or deadlift I have seen people using a belt. I am sure we all seen the idiot who knows nothing and has the bag full of wvwey piece of gym gear possible..

I hurt my back years ago and have to be very careful with it. I wear a belt to ensure my form is solid. It doesn't take away from enough of my gains to be worth hurting my back again. Anything over 185lbs I got my belt on.
I also found the foam roller to be a big pain easer. I roll my lower back out when it is bothering me. I'm 44 and lifting is part of my life. You sound very serious about your training. You got your form down solid and know what you did wrong. A belt can be the difference of you training for 20 years or 2 years. A bad back injury can put anyone down.
Hope your back gets healed up soon.

I hurt my back years ago and have to be very careful with it. I wear a belt to ensure my form is solid. It doesn't take away from enough of my gains to be worth hurting my back again. Anything over 185lbs I got my belt on.
I also found the foam roller to be a big pain easer. I roll my lower back out when it is bothering me. I'm 44 and lifting is part of my life. You sound very serious about your training. You got your form down solid and know what you did wrong. A belt can be the difference of you training for 20 years or 2 years. A bad back injury can put anyone down.
Hope your back gets healed up soon.
Can you recommend a good belt?? I am clueless lol.

That is the problem with deadlifts and squats...if your form isn't perfect you can cause a real nice injury.

This...
Understand biomechanics (form) before even thinking about using a belt.
Then learn how to properly wear and use a belt.
I see very few actually using a belt properly.

34 I. Y

2 BBC

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

this right here, he gave me the same advise and it helped like a lot.. I just grabbed the pull-up bar and hung for a bit,i breathed deep, and just relaxed.. it helps on back days!

this right here, he gave me the same advise and it helped like a lot.. I just grabbed the pull-up bar and hung for a bit,i breathed deep, and just relaxed.. it helps on back days!
I like some of the variations that can be done on the stretching cage at the gym. They definitely help with back pain/pumps et cetera.

I like some of the variations that can be done on the stretching cage at the gym. They definitely help with back pain/pumps et cetera.

That's exactly why I started doing them, back pumps...I even added weight on my belt, and that seemed to help too!!

Try to stretch your muscles before and after workout, warm-up should help. But the main thing – rest! MORE REST. If you feel pain in the muscles/joints/ligaments – you should’t train.

For belts you can try Anderson Powerlifting
https://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/powerlifting-belts-toro-texas-s/1833.htm

or Pioneer
https://generalleathercraft.com/

I'd suggest a 10mm. They come in 13mm but there really isn't a noticeable difference and the thinner one will break in sooner. You may also want a tapered belt. Meaning it's 4 inches in the back and tapers down to 3 or so in the front. Pioneer lets you custom make one for best fit.

Personally I have a problem with a belt during deadlifts. I have to wear it a little higher on my abs or it just gets in the way. I'd rather not wear it but I do above 80-85%. That's not the exact advice I'd give everyone though.

A side note: bracing is different wearing a belt. You'll want to push out against the belt to maintain intra-abdominal pressure.

Back