• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Double Red or Standard Donation?

GarlicChicken

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I only have one place to donate at locally, so I have the option or giving a regular donation at more frequent intervals or a double red at a lower frequency? I'm going Sunday so I'm trying to figure out which is better. Thanks guys

I always do standard. I’m sure they both have there advantages though.

I'd say if you are only able to use one organization for your donations then the difference between whole blood donations every 8 weeks or double red donations every 16 weeks would be negligible. Double red donations take longer, but they use a smaller needle, so there's a couple things to consider

I like doing double reds. My hematocrit drops so much and I feel so much better after. I’m full of energy not so tired joints do not ache and my anxiety is gone, no more headaches. Yes it’s true you can not donate for 16 weeks but if you are not running a shit ton of gear or in show prep I do not think that it matters. Double reds for me!

I'd say if you are only able to use one organization for your donations then the difference between whole blood donations every 8 weeks or double red donations every 16 weeks would be negligible. Double red donations take longer, but they use a smaller needle, so there's a couple things to consider

I see. Very good points. Thank you for the advice

I like doing double reds. My hematocrit drops so much and I feel so much better after. I’m full of energy not so tired joints do not ache and my anxiety is gone, no more headaches. Yes it’s true you can not donate for 16 weeks but if you are not running a shit ton of gear or in show prep I do not think that it matters. Double reds for me!

This is what I've heard too. Thank you!

Thank you for the responses guys. Much appreciated. I went in to donate today and found out that their hours are different than what their website says on Sundays...so I guess it'll have to be another day, hopefully I'll have time this week otherwise it'll be next weekend

Back