• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

ART Topic - Impact of AAS on your life

IML Gear Cream!
This is a great thread i completely agree Test has made amazing changes to my life, physically and mentally.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

before I went on trt when my test level was in the 100's i was extremely depressed, the trt brought me out of depression and allowed me get off sertraline permanently.

I was depressed, going through a divorce with a woman who had basically convinced me I was undesirable. I worked out all the time, natty, but was getting into middle age and found I was getting weaker year after year instead of stronger. I had peaked. I was losing weight and strength.

So, thankfully, I found some of these boards and persons on the boards who helped me get my diet together properly before I ever started steroids. That is a PRO, not a con.

Then I ran my first cycle. 500 mg test with a dbol kickstart. 10 weeks, If I remember correctly. Strict diet. Now, keep in mind I had been training for decades already and was slipping, getting weaker and losing weight ever so slowly as age crept up and hormone levels dropped. Well, you can imagine what happened. I started pouring on size. My body was ready, as I was working out hard and had TRULY maxed out my natural potential, as in, my peak was in my past, and I was slipping. Raising hormone levels completely transformed me. That's a PRO, not a con.

It was spring. I added 22 pounds, and, thanks to my diet, I was leaner. I had a whole new look to me. That is a PRO, not a con.

When I came off and did PCT (mistake, since I was already in my 40s, but I had things to learn yet) I dropped water and looked freaking awesome for summertime. 6 feet, around 200 pounds as the water dropped, abs, muscles . . . it was great. Suddenly this guy who thought we was sexually untouchable (thanks to the ex) is getting looks from women, young and old, everywhere. I still remember a woman who was lying out tanning moaning, audibly, as I walked by her, and her friends started to laugh, then she asked, "Did I just do that out loud?"

It gave me back my confidence and changed things so much for the better. That is a PRO, not a con.

Cons: I do worry about my health. I am in my 50s now, and I have high blood pressure (not super high, but high is bad even if it is a little high). I am concerned lest I damage something important, like kidneys or heart. I do not think so far I have, but I have been using steroids long term, and I carry around far more mass than my body was designed to carry.

This is why I am thinking about competing next year (2019). I am not getting any younger.

Wow quite a story

Good stuff bro.

I would really love to see medical insitutes focus on TRT for mental health instead of pushing pills for money....AAS literally saved my life and im not trying to sound overdramatic....confidence and self worth are two underrated elements in a mans life, and that extra push you get from testosterone even at low dose is the difference between a broken man and a forward thinking man...I think I could write a book but all in all my first experience with AAS was the difference between me probably ending up with a hole in my head and me going back to and finishing college and pushing forward with my career and pushing forward as a father. It seems like many of us have traveled a very similar path in life. I appreciate all the information and wisdom I have received from you guys thus far.

- - - Updated - - -

💪

well I have a relevant story..

I started gear after a bad car accident. where I ended up in a hospital bed for 2 months with 4 surgeries and then in a wheel chair for another 6 or 8 I cant remember now.. But by time I was able to start putting weight on my legs they were severely atrophied. I was going to the gym using a walker. I was not making much progress. And I was a very active guy involved in a lot of sports before the accident. Well a life long friend of mine(who is now an MD) suggested I just do a cycle after several months. I did some research and got my life back very shortly after that with dbol and testosterone... but because I was making such good progress I kept going and did not come off for a year... welp after that I did not have a choice. I tried coming off twice since then(fertility treatment) and my levels don't recover.

But I would not change anything I did. My life sucked and I was very depressed. My first wife left me during that time also.

Now I look better than ever and I remarried shortly after to a very very good looking woman whom I had known for a while. I was actually still walking with a cane on our first date. So she ain't going anywhere.

I was on for 13 months at one time without coming off. About 5 of those months were very high doses too. And Im aware that I may get bashed for that, but I was keeping a close eye on blood work and getting my blood tested every 6 weeks. All of my doctors were also aware. I can say that it really helped me a lot, since I have high functioning autism and I have NO DOUBT that high testosterone levels DRAMATICALLY changed my social confidence. I also got the usual benefits such as more drive/ambition, libido increase, my mood was elevated significantly. I felt a sense of well being. Only times it would negatively effect my work is when I was on high dose dbol, I would be a little lethargic and not as alert.

There actually is some clinics that have done some studies but they really didn't go anywhere... And there is some compounds like proviron that I know you're aware of that have been used to treat depression in some regions of the world, but like you're stating nowhere near on the vast level on what you, I and the rest of the people would like to see.. I see where you're getting at that the treatment is so narrow.. in recent times he has been putting into great consideration for my own replacement therapy to assist with depression, but we all know it's not the first choice and other drugs are the go-to resort, and hormones are most likely employed long after blood work is done and other things are put into consideration... it would be great to see it be a first go to option.. A Guy Walks In makes reference about not feeling up to par, doctor request to give a script for blood work, blamo he's on trt a month later... In a perfect world we would see that more frequently.. so I too wish it would be considered for multiple treatments regarding symptoms of depression and what not.. in lieu of handing out benzos and other drugs that are temporary Band-Aids .. but from what we're seeing and what's being done they are being placed into great consideration and looked into much more than they were in the past, the momentum is slow but we are scratching the surface..

Dr Mark Gordon is a good example... he treats depression and PTSD with the body first (hormones etc)... guy is a pioneer in the trt for treating mental health

Back