• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Favorite Exercise You Hate

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What's the one exercise you HATE doing or, used to hate but, can't go without doing?

Personally mine is shoulder pressing. DB, BB, Machine, whatever variation.

The pumps I get are so painful I have to keep my arms elevated after but, gotta do it 🤣

Fuuuuuuuck me to. Been two years since I've done any but, gdi, I gotta start doing some soon. Agreed. Traditional upright rows wreck my rotator cuffs.

It hurts... but they have really helped in developing my shoulders. It’s a love hate relationship for sure.

I dont really like to bench press but I know it really builds chest great so I keep it in my sets. Also squats but just because my kness are bad and it makes it tough to do them. Other than that I really like to do all exercises possible, I enjoy working out especially lifting weights a lot and feel great after doing it.

Barbell rows, lower back says no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traditional upright rows wreck my rotator cuffs.

I cannot do upright rows period. Would destroy my shoulders.

Leg day is something I need and seems like I cannot improve enough over time but absolutely kicks my ass.

Walking out of the gym to my truck they have been wobbly and I am convinced other people can tell.

Not a pretty sight.

I love deadlifts, I hate deadlifts. Crazy lower back pumps. I kept tweaking the same lumber region once I hit 400 plus for high reps, and it would take a few weeks to heal. Decided that one day that tweak may become permanent, and at 62 screw that. One of the most effective movements ever. I miss them.

I will say I find it amazing the guys who hate cardio. Same guys talking about going balls to the wall in training, no pain, no gain, whining about doing 30 minutes of cardio, LOL

IML Gear Cream!
I love deadlifts, I hate deadlifts. Crazy lower back pumps. I kept tweaking the same lumber region once I hit 400 plus for high reps, and it would take a few weeks to heal. Decided that one day that tweak may become permanent, and at 62 screw that. One of the most effective movements ever. I miss them.

I will say I find it amazing the guys who hate cardio. Same guys talking about going balls to the wall in training, no pain, no gain, whining about doing 30 minutes of cardio, LOL

ufff. I hate lower back pumps:wits:

deads cause me excruciating lower back pumps... I only do them with light weight anymore..

I like ur cardio comment, thats a true statement brother lmao

I love to hate incline dumbbell presses. The hardest part for me is kicking them up into place. I've had trouble kicking up the right side at times and had to dump the dumbbells and try again. I love the movement, but I find myself developing anxiety when I'm doing them because I never know from one week to the next if I'll have trouble getting them in place.

Seated military presses are another movement that I love [but hate] because of the shoulder pain I get on the right side. I always push myself through it though.

Traditional upright rows wreck my rotator cuffs.

It hurts... but they have really helped in developing my shoulders. It’s a love hate relationship for sure.

Have you guys tried these "Charles Glass" style with a really wide grip? Much easier on the rotator cuff. These are a staple in my shoulder routine.

https://youtu.be/TqglIQYLVhc

I love to hate incline dumbbell presses. The hardest part for me is kicking them up into place. I've had trouble kicking up the right side at times and had to dump the dumbbells and try again. I love the movement, but I find myself developing anxiety when I'm doing them because I never know from one week to the next if I'll have trouble getting them in place.

Seated military presses are another movement that I love [but hate] because of the shoulder pain I get on the right side. I always push myself through it though.
Damn I have the same problem. I find it hard to push myself to go heavier because I don’t know if I’ll be able to get into position with good form. Roatator pain is the absolute worst lol I envy people with pain free shoulder joints

Leg day is something I need and seems like I cannot improve enough over time but absolutely kicks my ass.

Walking out of the gym to my truck they have been wobbly and I am convinced other people can tell.

Not a pretty sight.

Yea try driving a car with a clutch after leg day seems almost dangerous. I’ve popped the clutch at stoplights before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really a lift but tempering. After physical therapy my physical therapist rolls a 90lb cylinder over my back, hamstrings and down to my calves. Calves used to hurt brutally like a calf lock but it feels amazing when he is done. Now i love it.

Having severe tendonitis I avoided biceps quite a lot. So, cable curls and top row hammer curl gauntlet was all I did on arm day for biceps. Even then, I couldn’t lift my arms to grip the steering wheel of my truck to go to work......so I mean because of the pain I hated bicep workouts but still, when I did them, the pumps looked great. Chics dig big arms bros!

Have you guys tried these "Charles Glass" style with a really wide grip? Much easier on the rotator cuff. These are a staple in my shoulder routine.

https://youtu.be/TqglIQYLVhc

Definitely worth a try and thanks for your suggestion.

I have posted this before but my shoulders are trashed and certain movements irritate the joint.

But I am surprised what causes pain and what doesn't so I am trying this on shoulder day next week.

With low weight and high volume it might be a good one to add to my routine.

Lunges and decline bench.

I only say decline because my gym "upgraded" from the old one and the new one isnt stable at all. legs going all over the place and cant seem to get enough stability to increase weight.

Im convinced the devil created lunges or hamstring curls. wobbled out of the gym several times due to these.

Get Shredded!
Lunges and decline bench.

I only say decline because my gym "upgraded" from the old one and the new one isnt stable at all. legs going all over the place and cant seem to get enough stability to increase weight.

Im convinced the devil created lunges or hamstring curls. wobbled out of the gym several times due to these.

DB decline presses are my fav...

Shoulder pressing sucks because there's something wrong with my left shoulder so it quits on me sometimes.

Otherwise I'd have to say dumbbell lunges. I always strain the top of my quad for some reason if I don't use the Smith machine

Calf work. Generally speaking such a poor reward for all the effort put in. Add to that an injury to my left calf which further inhibits growth.

Much rather spend the time on a larger more responsive muscle group, but still gotta do it

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Calf work. Generally speaking such a poor reward for all the effort put in.

Much rather spend the time on a larger more responsive muscle group, but still gotta do it

Agreed. I haven't trained calves in over a year because of this.

Fuck it Ill say it if no one else is.. SQUATS!

If I go all out on squats I feel like Im going to puke after ward and my CNS is shot. I cant sit on a fucking toilet to take a dump with out looking like a 90yr old man for 2 days. getting out of a chair is a pain let alone yard work. And because of leg injuries I cant even do normal ones. I have an ankle with 3 or 4 pins and no mobility that my doc told me he would fuse when I get tired of the pain and a femur that has a screw holding on the cap with a plate holding the rest of it together.

You see what squats did to coleman? Not that that is my future.. Ill be getting a hip replacement later in life though.

Might sound dumb but mine is abs it never fails every time I do abs I get ab cramps when I stand up and them hurt as hell feels like it’s gonna take me to the ground but found the when done if I stretch for about 2mins before getting up I’ll be good

Might sound dumb but mine is abs it never fails every time I do abs I get ab cramps when I stand up and them hurt as hell feels like it’s gonna take me to the ground but found the when done if I stretch for about 2mins before getting up I’ll be good
God I hate ab cramps. I get them whenever I do abs too, they kill me

Straight leg deadlifts. Definitely a love/hate relationship.

Back