• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Is sushi the enemy?

bearjew10

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Bros. Quick question I really would love to get some perspective on.

Is sushi the enemy? Not sashimi, I’m talking rolls. Obviously stay away from fried shit. And I don’t use soy sauce.

But is the amount of rice in like 16 pieces bad?

Especially while on a cutting cycle. What are your thoughts and experiences? Sushi is my favorite food, but since I really have turned things around these past 2 weeks with diet and cardio, I don’t want to take steps backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a good question. I love sashimi. When we go eat sushi, I turn the rice away. It I do eat a couple pieces of a roll. I don’t order any sashimi that has rice. But rice bloats the hell out of me so sashimi is my go to. Especially when I’m cutting

I think it's a great refeed meal, especially if you're avoiding the heavier stuff. I prefer my cheats to be a little heavier every other week. So a heavy one is something like a burger and fries, pizza, cheesy pastas, etc. Something heavy on carbs but has a lot of grease to replenish leptin stores. A cleaner one would be something like steak and potato, sushi (no tempura), or some other relatively clean meal.

Especially if you're first starting your diet I would say stay clean for a while. With a tren blast I like heavier cheat meals because the tren just seems to feed on it and stokes my metabolism really well.

Of course this is all considering a flawless diet the rest of the time, and cheats only happen in a 2 hour window unless it's a carb refeed which is different.

So unless you can substitute a meal's macros with it almost perfect, I think it's a great clean cheat. Not a bad carb refeed either because they're usually pretty low fat

I think it's a great refeed meal, especially if you're avoiding the heavier stuff. I prefer my cheats to be a little heavier every other week. So a heavy one is something like a burger and fries, pizza, cheesy pastas, etc. Something heavy on carbs but has a lot of grease to replenish leptin stores. A cleaner one would be something like steak and potato, sushi (no tempura), or some other relatively clean meal.

Especially if you're first starting your diet I would say stay clean for a while. With a tren blast I like heavier cheat meals because the tren just seems to feed on it and stokes my metabolism really well.

Of course this is all considering a flawless diet the rest of the time, and cheats only happen in a 2 hour window unless it's a carb refeed which is different.

So unless you can substitute a meal's macros with it almost perfect, I think it's a great clean cheat. Not a bad carb refeed either because they're usually pretty low fat

Great info here thanks bro

philly rolls with out the cream cheese are my go to and an excellent addition to your daily macro count, salmon for good fat and protein, jasmin rice for complex carbs. Thumbs up for sure.

I like the spicy tuna rolls for cheat meals, just don’t go balls out and eat 4 rolls

GC hit it on the head. Sushi is a great refeed dish. But you still should be mindful about what’s in the roll itself. It’s one of my staples for sure. Life without sushi isn’t really life at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I don’t do anything fried. My sushi intake is mainly 2 maybe 3 pieces from a roll as an appetizer. When I go to a sushi restaurant, I always get sashimi with no rice. Sometimes I get a puzzled look from the waitress but it’s cool

GC hit it on the head. Sushi is a great refeed dish. But you still should be mindful about what’s in the roll itself. It’s one of my staples for sure. Life without sushi isn’t really life at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ain’t that the fucking truth

have you tried poke? I get it with all greens instead of rice, its pretty damn good

IML Gear Cream!
have you tried poke? I get it with all greens instead of rice, its pretty damn good

Yep!

I could live on poke, I love that stuff.

In Kauai they sell it at Costco and we buy something like 3-4 pounds at a time while vacationing there.

Yep!

I could live on poke, I love that stuff.

In Kauai they sell it at Costco and we buy something like 3-4 pounds at a time while vacationing there.

Place near me called the poke company. I ate it 4x a week for like 3 months straight. I was addicted

poke... hum. I never heard of it but I'm going to have to give it a try

Give it a try.

It is a Hawaiian recipe.

Good to seey you again HFO3, dont be a stranger!

thanks Skip, it's good to see you too brother! theres so many new members since I've been around...

Absolutely, I love trying new foods :) I've never seen it on a menu but I'll start asking for it by name

thanks Skip, it's good to see you too brother! theres so many new members since I've been around...

Absolutely, I love trying new foods :) I've never seen it on a menu but I'll start asking for it by name
around here there are places that only sell poke on almost every corner

Hopefully it has trickled south to my neck of the woods

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it has trickled south to my neck of the woods

The choices of sushi is what should be considered. Brown rice plus a good choice of vegetables inside will not cause you to go backwards.

Back