Pharmacom Store

Interesting side note in study of growth hormone on short intestine patients

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

Interesting side note in study of growth hormone on short intestine patients

Interesting side note, excess fluid retention side effect in high dose trials, but not low dose. Dosages were .05 to .14 mg/kg/day. .05 was cited as low dose.

There are 3 iu in a mg (this study is 2011, so 3 iu/mg is the standard).

Assuming a 220 pound male, that is 15 iu daily, at the low end, to 42 iu on the high end. These were relatively short duration trials, lasting up to 8 weeks (one was only 3 weeks).

So why were persons using 15 iu not experiencing water retention as a side effect?

Even a shrunken 120 pounder would be doing 54.54 kg bodyweight x .05 = 2.7 mg x 3 = 8.2 iu daily!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3957158/
    In rodent systems, GH administration resulted in an increase in small bowel length and function per unit length.14 Moreover, the exogenous administration of GH was reported to have positive effects on mucosal growth and intestinal adaptation after massive resection in animals.15 In addition, insulin-like growth factor-1, which is regulated by GH, was shown to enhance intestinal hyperplasia and hypertrophy in rats after massive intestinal resection.16 Additionally, exogenous GH had a positive effect on transport velocity of amino acids in ileum and duodenal crypt cell proliferation of cultured human explants in humans.17,18

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

So I looked up the low dose (15 iu!!!!) study and read it. They were using Genotropin, all in one shot in the a.m.

Actually, the doses were lower than 15, since it looks like the participants, having short bowels, were low BMI persons. The highest BMI was 21.1. He had 84% of his colon left, as compared to others who might have only half or 0% left. How one survives 0%, I am not sure.

Anyway, even a 120 pounder would be doing 8.2 iu every morning.

The study noted no significant sides and no edema. They contrasted this study with studies using three times higher dosages reporting significant edema in the legs.

IGF-1? Went from 125 +/-12 to 348 +/- 46. Please note this was only three weeks.

Glucose did not change much. Insulin went up. Hematocrit, wow, these folks were at 35-36 . . .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

I ran Genotropin and had no significant water retention, as opposed to a generic which increased water retention and blood pressure even at low doses. I did not run Genotropin as high as this study. It was low dose (2-4 iu). The Genotropin was from a sponsor here. The generic was not.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Rep Points

Ive always wondered what causing water retention with GH especially more so with generics (possibly most generics are actually peptides like GHRP6 that has common sides if retention).

But you occasionally hear about water retention with Pharm GH as well. Im subbing this for peoples insights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by velociraptor44 View Post
    But you occasionally hear about water retention with Pharm GH as well. Im subbing this for peoples insights.
    Different pharmacy hgh acts differently. For example, humatrope bloats you right up. Saizen stays dryer. Genotropin is kind of in the middle. Is this post heresy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Different pharmacy hgh acts differently. For example, humatrope bloats you right up. Saizen stays dryer. Genotropin is kind of in the middle. Is this post heresy?
    Lol who comes up with this stuff? Sounds like gh15 crap. Itís a 191 amino sequence. The only thing that could cause bloating is whatever itís constituted with or is in the vial. For instance seros have sucrose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    922 Posts
    Rep Points

so what causes the bloating?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

I’m not sure on this but I have seen things that should be the same act totally different. I’ve ran many brands of var from Ay and alpha pharma to gorilla and about 4 others. They worked good/great but when I ran var direct from the pharmacy...different ball game. 20mg did amazing things 30 pumped and locked up so hard couldn’t even lift. Even at 20 it was intense. Of corse it cost 40 bucks a day to do, so def a trade off between that and your standard var.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Rep Points

When these HGH studies record increases in LBM in short time periods that is likely water weight.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medication. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity. Do not contact me about sources or advertisers as I know nothing about their business.