Milehigh Kratom

Using Kratom to Kick Opiates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points

Using Kratom to Kick Opiates

Anyone have any suggestions on whether using Kratom to ease side effects of opiate withdrawl is a good idea or not? My fiancee is getting off of her pain meds completely and starting to go through some crappy withdrawl symptoms.

Just wanted some thoughts. I have a green and a red on hand. Not sure if this would be beneficial or just delaying the inevitable

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

It makes stepping off pills easier. If she can tolerate it I would drop her to 1 dose of Red after dinner. Maybe 4-5 grams max. Not too close to bedtime.

What is her history with pain meds? Doses, duration, etc?

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medication. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity. Do not contact me about sources or advertisers as I know nothing about their business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    It makes stepping off pills easier. If she can tolerate it I would drop her to 1 dose of Red after dinner. Maybe 4-5 grams max. Not too close to bedtime.

What is her history with pain meds? Doses, duration, etc?
    The most she's ever used was oxycodone @ up to 40mg daily, but right now she's been using around 30-40mg hydrocodone daily for a couple months, and has varied from one daily to around the same dose as now. She's never been a heavy abuser, but actually used them for chronic and acute pain.

She may end up being over it mostly by tomorrow since I think she's decided to just cut it cold turkey as of today. Yesterday she tapered way down to only 10mg spread out into two doses, and I'm pretty sure she hasn't done any today but I'm finding out right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points

That should not be bad getting off of but then again everyone is different. The worst that drove me nuts was the restless leg and arms crap. The red Kratom definitely helped with that. If she takes gabapentin it also helps.

2 days and she should be through it. Once she is done going through it do not take any more or she will be doing it all over again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Rep Points

Hey Garlic., from my experience kratom can definitely help ease those nasty WD's from opi's. If she just needs something to help her get through those tough few days of the WD's than you already have a great tool to help her.(RED Kratom). If i was in your situation and knew she only needed the kratom to get through the WD's I would offer/suggest kratom for sure. She's not "swapping" one for another if she just used it to get through WD's. I was beyond impressed with how great it worked during my transition phase. Kratom made it very easy to come off pain meds. I would start her out with small doses and adjust till she finds a dose that gets rid of those WD's without making her nauseated. It should work like a champ at pushing those WD's away man. Then after the opi's and the WD's have cleared outta her system just taper her kratom dose down and then discontinue kratom and she will be off everything.
    That's ^^^^ just what I would do personally because I have felt it work for me...and seen it work for others.
    I know all our bodies are different but I'm quite sure that some RED Kratom will help her out tremendously when it comes to those WD's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that she had surgery a few months back and went from morphine to norco. So she's been on a while.

I also just found out she's still tapering, so she cut it to 15mg yesterday, then 10mg today. I told her to hold off on dropping more since we have a double date on Saturday (although she might not get a cheat meal) then just drop it Sunday so she's not miserable all day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by movingsteel 79 View Post
    Hey Garlic., from my experience kratom can definitely help ease those nasty WD's from opi's. If she just needs something to help her get through those tough few days of the WD's than you already have a great tool to help her.(RED Kratom). If i was in your situation and knew she only needed the kratom to get through the WD's I would offer/suggest kratom for sure. She's not "swapping" one for another if she just used it to get through WD's. I was beyond impressed with how great it worked during my transition phase. Kratom made it very easy to come off pain meds. I would start her out with small doses and adjust till she finds a dose that gets rid of those WD's without making her nauseated. It should work like a champ at pushing those WD's away man. Then after the opi's and the WD's have cleared outta her system just taper her kratom dose down and then discontinue kratom and she will be off everything.
    That's ^^^^ just what I would do personally because I have felt it work for me...and seen it work for others.
    I know all our bodies are different but I'm quite sure that some RED Kratom will help her out tremendously when it comes to those WD's.
    Awesome, that's what I'm thinking. I'll suggest it to her and let her know everyone's feedback. Much appreciated guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Rep Points

Tapering is the best thing. Otherwise she's going from one substance to another. Coming from a recovered opiate and heroin addict, tapering is the best, unless she can handle cold turkey which is brutal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Awesome, that's what I'm thinking. I'll suggest it to her and let her know everyone's feedback. Much appreciated guys!
    No problem man.!! WD's are horrible when going cold turkey. I saw the dosages and medication you mentioned above after I finished typing a comment. 40mgs ED of Hydo tapered down should be no problem for kratom to handle and make it much easier.

Good luck to you and your lady Garlic.!!! ..will definitely be following to see what she decides and how things work out.!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions on whether using Kratom to ease side effects of opiate withdrawl is a good idea or not? My fiancee is getting off of her pain meds completely and starting to go through some crappy withdrawl symptoms.

Just wanted some thoughts. I have a green and a red on hand. Not sure if this would be beneficial or just delaying the inevitable
    It's honestly my saving grace. Day 2 of kicking I took 10 caps of maeng da. That was the last of my withdrawals. I still take it a few days a week and it makes me feel great! Kratom is the most legit Otc herb ever.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes it helped me get off hydromorphone when i was a dumb asshole in my mid 20s. Its still gonna suck balls for a few weeks but it helps.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 303055622lr View Post
    Yes it helped me get off hydromorphone when i was a dumb asshole in my mid 20s. Its still gonna suck balls for a few weeks but it helps.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
    Dilaudid is the most powerful and addictive mofo in the world. Worse then h, oxy or phent.
    I was on a IV for a month last year. 20180710_113310.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk