Milehigh Kratom


Using Kratom to Kick Opiates

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,969

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    543
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    458
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Using Kratom to Kick Opiates

    Anyone have any suggestions on whether using Kratom to ease side effects of opiate withdrawl is a good idea or not? My fiancee is getting off of her pain meds completely and starting to go through some crappy withdrawl symptoms.

    Just wanted some thoughts. I have a green and a red on hand. Not sure if this would be beneficial or just delaying the inevitable

  2. #2
    Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,733

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    488
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    947
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    It makes stepping off pills easier. If she can tolerate it I would drop her to 1 dose of Red after dinner. Maybe 4-5 grams max. Not too close to bedtime.

    What is her history with pain meds? Doses, duration, etc?

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medication. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity. Do not contact me about sources or advertisers as I know nothing about their business.


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,969

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    543
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    458
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    It makes stepping off pills easier. If she can tolerate it I would drop her to 1 dose of Red after dinner. Maybe 4-5 grams max. Not too close to bedtime.

    What is her history with pain meds? Doses, duration, etc?
    The most she's ever used was oxycodone @ up to 40mg daily, but right now she's been using around 30-40mg hydrocodone daily for a couple months, and has varied from one daily to around the same dose as now. She's never been a heavy abuser, but actually used them for chronic and acute pain.

    She may end up being over it mostly by tomorrow since I think she's decided to just cut it cold turkey as of today. Yesterday she tapered way down to only 10mg spread out into two doses, and I'm pretty sure she hasn't done any today but I'm finding out right now

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Bigtoe's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,104

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    That should not be bad getting off of but then again everyone is different. The worst that drove me nuts was the restless leg and arms crap. The red Kratom definitely helped with that. If she takes gabapentin it also helps.

    2 days and she should be through it. Once she is done going through it do not take any more or she will be doing it all over again.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,967

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    417
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    318
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Hey Garlic., from my experience kratom can definitely help ease those nasty WD's from opi's. If she just needs something to help her get through those tough few days of the WD's than you already have a great tool to help her.(RED Kratom). If i was in your situation and knew she only needed the kratom to get through the WD's I would offer/suggest kratom for sure. She's not "swapping" one for another if she just used it to get through WD's. I was beyond impressed with how great it worked during my transition phase. Kratom made it very easy to come off pain meds. I would start her out with small doses and adjust till she finds a dose that gets rid of those WD's without making her nauseated. It should work like a champ at pushing those WD's away man. Then after the opi's and the WD's have cleared outta her system just taper her kratom dose down and then discontinue kratom and she will be off everything.
    That's ^^^^ just what I would do personally because I have felt it work for me...and seen it work for others.
    I know all our bodies are different but I'm quite sure that some RED Kratom will help her out tremendously when it comes to those WD's.



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,969

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    543
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    458
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Thanks guys. I forgot to mention that she had surgery a few months back and went from morphine to norco. So she's been on a while.

    I also just found out she's still tapering, so she cut it to 15mg yesterday, then 10mg today. I told her to hold off on dropping more since we have a double date on Saturday (although she might not get a cheat meal) then just drop it Sunday so she's not miserable all day

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,969

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    543
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    458
    Thanked in
    343 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by movingsteel 79 View Post
    Hey Garlic., from my experience kratom can definitely help ease those nasty WD's from opi's. If she just needs something to help her get through those tough few days of the WD's than you already have a great tool to help her.(RED Kratom). If i was in your situation and knew she only needed the kratom to get through the WD's I would offer/suggest kratom for sure. She's not "swapping" one for another if she just used it to get through WD's. I was beyond impressed with how great it worked during my transition phase. Kratom made it very easy to come off pain meds. I would start her out with small doses and adjust till she finds a dose that gets rid of those WD's without making her nauseated. It should work like a champ at pushing those WD's away man. Then after the opi's and the WD's have cleared outta her system just taper her kratom dose down and then discontinue kratom and she will be off everything.
    That's ^^^^ just what I would do personally because I have felt it work for me...and seen it work for others.
    I know all our bodies are different but I'm quite sure that some RED Kratom will help her out tremendously when it comes to those WD's.
    Awesome, that's what I'm thinking. I'll suggest it to her and let her know everyone's feedback. Much appreciated guys!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    bearjew10's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    212

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    80
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Rep Points
    433698506

    Tapering is the best thing. Otherwise she's going from one substance to another. Coming from a recovered opiate and heroin addict, tapering is the best, unless she can handle cold turkey which is brutal.

  9. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,967

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    417
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    318
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Awesome, that's what I'm thinking. I'll suggest it to her and let her know everyone's feedback. Much appreciated guys!
    No problem man.!! WD's are horrible when going cold turkey. I saw the dosages and medication you mentioned above after I finished typing a comment. 40mgs ED of Hydo tapered down should be no problem for kratom to handle and make it much easier.

    Good luck to you and your lady Garlic.!!! ..will definitely be following to see what she decides and how things work out.!!



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    torroxl22's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    194

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rep Points
    331704173

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions on whether using Kratom to ease side effects of opiate withdrawl is a good idea or not? My fiancee is getting off of her pain meds completely and starting to go through some crappy withdrawl symptoms.

    Just wanted some thoughts. I have a green and a red on hand. Not sure if this would be beneficial or just delaying the inevitable
    It's honestly my saving grace. Day 2 of kicking I took 10 caps of maeng da. That was the last of my withdrawals. I still take it a few days a week and it makes me feel great! Kratom is the most legit Otc herb ever.

    Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    154

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    38
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points
    1600100

    Yes it helped me get off hydromorphone when i was a dumb asshole in my mid 20s. Its still gonna suck balls for a few weeks but it helps.

    Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    torroxl22's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    194

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Rep Points
    331704173

    Quote Originally Posted by 303055622lr View Post
    Yes it helped me get off hydromorphone when i was a dumb asshole in my mid 20s. Its still gonna suck balls for a few weeks but it helps.

    Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
    Dilaudid is the most powerful and addictive mofo in the world. Worse then h, oxy or phent.
    I was on a IV for a month last year. 20180710_113310.jpeg

    Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. pain med recommendations that aren't swallowed opiates...
    By chocolatemalt in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-11-2016, 03:03 AM
  2. Kick aas
    By heavylifting in forum Source Checking & Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-24-2016, 11:08 AM
  3. Beating Opiates With Milehigh Kratom
    By Unlisted in forum Milehigh Kratom
    Replies: 409
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 08:01 PM
  4. she could kick your ass ;)
    By KILLEROFSAINTS in forum The Pit
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 03:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2018 Anabolic Steroid Forums