• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Critique my carb cycling

hannamuscles

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, so im currently 5 weeks out from my second show, and this is one im doing without a coach, and i was hoping i could get some critique on my carb cycling. Mostly just want confirmation that i have it in the correct format.

So my basic stats:
5'9
196lbs
Very high metabolism, can eat a high amount of carbs without spilling over.

Cycle: 75mg tren a, 75mg mast, 75mg test p, 75mg npp EOD
Clen 80mcg 2 days off 2 days on.

SO, my current carb cycle is:
Monday-100 grams
tuesday-50 grams
wenesday- 25 grams
Thursday- 150 grams
Friday-200 grams
Saturday- 400 grams
Sunday- 150 grams

Do you guys think being five weeks out i should maybe increase some of the lower carb days i have?

ALSO, do 30mins fasted cardio 5 days a week with 6 days a week of weight training

AGAIN, i do know everyone is different, im just asking about the GENERAL FORMAT of my carb cycling

I try never to critique the diets of forum members who have a physique that is obviously better than mine. I believe instead I should experiment with copying whatever got you this far. With that having been said, it looks good to me. Are you using growth hormone?

Nope havent touched GH yet, but i do plan to for my big bulk cycle after this series of shows ill be doing this summer.

Thank you though, any positive input towards it is a bit of relief for me. Obviously soon once i pass this five week threshhold i may cut those numbers down, but i want to keep the same ratio/template you feel?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the first question would be are you in shape.
Definitely in shape, and for being 5 weeks out i believe im also ahead of the game. Ill get some pics up in here soon as im sure thatll help with judging the cycling

. Just makes a difference if you feel it's working. Your 400 carbs are they on leg day or a lacking body part. I always try to utilize bigger carb ups on things like that. I'd put more space between maybe do two big days the rest low and see how you react. The lower bf percentage you get to then you might wanna put in more carb days to keep from loosing muscle mass. But to each their own that's simply what works for me.

. Just makes a difference if you feel it's working. Your 400 carbs are they on leg day or a lacking body part. I always try to utilize bigger carb ups on things like that. I'd put more space between maybe do two big days the rest low and see how you react. The lower bf percentage you get to then you might wanna put in more carb days to keep from loosing muscle mass. But to each their own that's simply what works for me.
My 400 carb day is on my leg day yeah, made sure to do that for sure

I'm guessing you're doing men's physique.

Picture isn't great quality but I can figure where you're at.

I would suggest that whatever you plan to do pre contest wise leading into the show, you should start now or very soon.

If you were planning on loading one day before, or slowly over the course of 3 days or whatever, I would start doing that. Not necessarily the same amount of carbs, but the rough amounts and days.

As far as loading on certain training days....I would just load on the same day/days every week despite training at this point.

5 weeks out is a little tricky cause you CAN still lose a little lean tissue but not as much as you would think. At that point it's just you're probably just going to be flat most of the time and think you're shrinking.

It's really hard to say not knowing what you've been doing training, diet, AAS, how you react to carbs, how hard it was to get this lean and, how lean you really are.

Picture isn't great quality but I can figure where you're at.
Agreed. hannamuscles, it looks like you were more interested in getting a light directly over you to get shading you found flattering than taking a revealing picture in good lighting to show your true condition. It is the most common problem with pictures folks post here.

The stage lights will not be so helpful and positioned just so.

IML Gear Cream!
5 weeks out from mens classic physique, not mens physique, i have some solid mass on my legs so fuck mens physique i want to utilize them

Agreed. hannamuscles, it looks like you were more interested in getting a light directly over you to get shading you found flattering than taking a revealing picture in good lighting to show your true condition. It is the most common problem with pictures folks post here.

The stage lights will not be so helpful and positioned just so.
Yeah i wanted to find the best lighting to show the amount of fat i had, youre right though

Also i planned to do a 3 day carb load starting from wenesday, gradually increasing, from my last show i realized my body needs a lot of carbs to fill out

You have some shredding to do based on that pic, for only 5 weeks. I am not a coach or anything (I think Montego1, who posted above, is), but you look further out to me than 5 weeks based on that picture.

Is the carb cycle above what brought you to your current shape, or is it what you are just now starting?

My avatar pic is several years old. I am larger now. That pic was six weeks of carb cycling, but I felt like I lost some lean mass with it, and that was not even contest lean. My carbs were lower than yours all around, though.

Short timeline - I hope you can do it without losing much lean mass. Please keep us updated on your progress.

I may make this into a week by week log, I’ll take pictures every Sunday morning and post them here of a few relaxed poses

Also the carb cycling is what brought me here, I started about 8 weeks out with the cycling, also this Sunday marks 5 weeks so I’m like 5 and a few days

Yeah I'd say you're looking a little more than 5 weeks out but it's hard to tell. Get a better picture for us in unflattering light. If you do the log, take the pics in the same lighting each time.

You thought about hiring a coach?

Yeah I'd say you're looking a little more than 5 weeks out but it's hard to tell. Get a better picture for us in unflattering light. If you do the log, take the pics in the same lighting each time.

You thought about hiring a coach?

I had a coach actually, a guy from here, ‘southbeach’ Was his name, turned out to be a total scumbag and ever since then I vowed to not have a coach, but I’ll do better pictures I’m very confident in my current standpoint compared to how many weeks out, I believe I’ll be good but I’ll let the better pictures be the judge of that and post them for you guys

I had a coach actually, a guy from here, ‘southbeach’ Was his name, turned out to be a total scumbag and ever since then I vowed to not have a coach, but I’ll do better pictures I’m very confident in my current standpoint compared to how many weeks out, I believe I’ll be good but I’ll let the better pictures be the judge of that and post them for you guys
Southbeach huh.......

Pics outside in natural sunlight. That's what tells the tale

Oh dude. The hell with that idiot. You need a real coach.

Get Shredded!

Southbeach huh.......

Oh dude. The hell with that idiot. You need a real coach.

Yeah, that guy was pegged as a bullshitter from day one on here. Got wrapped up in his own lies...I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way.

Yeah, that guy was pegged as a bullshitter from day one on here. Got wrapped up in his own lies...I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way.
Yup.

OP. Don't let one fuck face make up your mind on coaches.

Here's a piece of advice. The ones who thump their chest and talk about how good they are and how their clients are huge and they know all this shit, stay away.

Generally, good coaches don't say much in regards to their achievements.

Yup.

Here's a piece of advice. The ones who thump their chest and talk about how good they are and how their clients are huge and they know all this shit, stay away.

Exactly. Their customers do the talking for them.

Yup.

Bingo! It's the client chest thumping that process them

This is my current standpoint, 5 weeks out
View attachment 35068

No offense dude but for 5 weeks out; you’re not ahead of your game. you need to be leaner.

How much cardio did you do before you decided to carb cycle ?
What was your carbs/pro/fat intake prior to carb cycling?
What’s your calorie intake?
How many days did you workout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, for everyone saying he's not close to ready....

Just stop.

There's no way to know from this picture for one. For 2 5 weeks is a long time of you're decently lean, which he is.

Yup.

You are right and man I want to say something, but I'll keep my mouth shut.

Fuck all the big mouths, that is all they have.

So I’m going to answer everyone in one reply, but I also want to explain to y’all what I went through with that piece of shit in detail because it blows my mind, but I’ll do it on a separate post probably in the pit.

So prior to carb cycling pre-8 weeks out I was doing weights for 6 times a week fasted cardio 5 days a week for 20 minutes. I had a steady intake of 200grams of protein 100grams of fat and 220 grams of carbs, that’s the intake I took from my last show that allowed me to gain mass but not completely spill over,

NOW, I will be posting better pictures I promise that way we can see for sure how I’m doing.

I’m currently now doing 30minutes fasted cardio a day with 5 weight days. When week 5 officially hits I’ll plan to drastically reduce those carb counts depending on how I look with these pictures I post for y’all.

But I appreciate all input I hope you guys check in when I post the photos because I appreciate all critisism

Just curious, how did you do in your last show, were you happy with your physique, and what changes were you trying to make this time around as compared to last time?

So last show I came 1st in my division and 3rd overall for classic physique, I competed not dehydrated enough and alittle flat too, so now I know I gotta carb up more before the show

Also my routine was sub par and my quarter turns were sloppy, things I’ve been really practicing this time

Back