Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ★★P.S.L. Supervisor★★

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    898 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Nah no oils or water falls or anything lol.

It sounds silly saying it but, it takes practice.

I've been doing it long enough now it's just me in a chair with coffee and I'm in the zone.
    Exactly how long could I expect to really feel the results with this I understand it's about putting your time in and letting it work for you but what is the realistic time frame that someone can start noticing the returns.... Do you suggest any music or just complete silence? And is it better to do it before you eat your first meal or after your meal and just relax what you digest
    ::Click our banners below for direct store access::

::Our NEW fast-service partner-ship::

For questions or concerns contact myself or my team sales associates via PM's
    Or simply email us at-

Orders@puritysourcelabs.ru

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

Meditation is something I do every day actually.

10-15 minutes when I wake up. I sit on the porch in my back yard with no distractions and just think about what I need to do that day to achieve my goals for the day, as well as long term.

Just serenity and my thoughts.

I learned this in recovery from drugs and alcohol what a coincidence
    I do the same thing man, and I learned it in recovery too haha this is some of the best advice I ever got. Getting a plan together and getting yourself centered as soon as you wake up.
    When the hood drops, the bullshit stops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Exactly how long could I expect to really feel the results with this I understand it's about putting your time in and letting it work for you but what is the realistic time frame that someone can start noticing the returns.... Do you suggest any music or just complete silence? And is it better to do it before you eat your first meal or after your meal and just relax what you digest
    I do it while I eat my morning oatmeal. But in the beginning I would suggest just finishing a quiet spot and just thinking. It doesn’t have to be like a Buddhist monk lol, meditation is just reflecting on yourself and grounding yourself. Try to just clear your thoughts and think about the day ahead of you. Don’t dwell on things out of your control just sit and thing about what you want to accomplish for the day when you wake up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by REHH View Post
    Wow some great advice, dwelling in the past is a bad one for me. I relive negative shit going all the way back to my childhood, really sucks, wish i could permanently forget some things.
    Im with you there. I still dwell on shit from high school at times. I cant remember shit from last week but little comments from 25 years ago has me wanting to hunt some people down. I know its fucked up when I think that way.....and sam where ever you are I'm coming for your ass one day! lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtoe View Post
    Im with you there. I still dwell on shit from high school at times. I cant remember shit from last week but little comments from 25 years ago has me wanting to hunt some people down. I know its fucked up when I think that way.....and sam where ever you are I'm coming for your ass one day! lol

we’ve all
    got a Sam, bro. F*ck Sam.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,337 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    It's a lot like everything we do in the aspect of, gotta give what works best for you lol.

Start thinking about the times during the day, the things you're doing and hearing when you're most relaxed besides sleeping.

It may actually BE oils and an ambient noise CD for yourself. I know a person in recovery who cleans their house every single morning and this is when they mediate . I know another who does it on dog walks.

To answer your first question, a while. To do it "properly" you have to learn let go of everything bugging you which is very hard and at the same time think about those things without it bugging you lol.

It took me months to get DECENT at it. Just like in the gym and diet, I'd have good days and bad days. After 5 years though I can go into they mind set pretty easily but I still have my days where I have trouble with it.

Try this -

Write down the things that pop into your head as far as obligations and thoughts during the day. Keep that list going.

Each day before you meditate pick one of those things and either write out, or talk out, depending on the type of person you are, what you can actually do about that topic and what you can't.

Spend the next five minutes meditating on what you CAN do to help the situation and a way to do it. Only the positive.

From there just keep building on your time and creativity/seriousness of the topic.

I've never read a book about meditation or anything btw. This is just what I learned from self observation and working on it.
    IronLion-Lab.net
    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at Straightupkratom.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points

It's a lot like everything we do in the aspect of, gotta give what works best for you lol.

Start thinking about the times during the day, the things you're doing and hearing when you're most relaxed besides sleeping.

It may actually BE oils and an ambient noise CD for yourself. I know a person in recovery who cleans their house every single morning and this is when they mediate . I know another who does it on dog walks.

To answer your first question, a while. To do it "properly" you have to learn let go of everything bugging you which is very hard and at the same time think about those things without it bugging you lol.

It took me months to get DECENT at it. Just like in the gym and diet, I'd have good days and bad days. After 5 years though I can go into they mind set pretty easily but I still have my days where I have trouble with it.

Try this -

Write down the things that pop into your head as far as obligations and thoughts during the day. Keep that list going.

Each day before you meditate pick one of those things and either write out, or talk out, depending on the type of person you are, what you can actually do about that topic and what you can't.

Spend the next five minutes meditating on what you CAN do to help the situation and a way to do it. Only the positive.

From there just keep building on your time and creativity/seriousness of the topic.

I've never read a book about meditation or anything btw. This is just what I learned from self observation and working on it.
    This makes me want to start a meditation log. I would love to find something that works for me. I get 1/2 of what I need to get done daily from thinking about all the BS. This is something that could help most of us in here if we can learn to do it.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,337 Posts
    Rep Points

This makes me want to start a meditation log. I would love to find something that works for me. I get 1/2 of what I need to get done daily from thinking about all the BS. This is something that could help most of us in here if we can learn to do it.

You should.

I wouldn't even worry about putting it on here since there's probably things in your head you'd rather not make public.

One way to help the process for people is writing down your thoughts. I know a journal sounds stupid but, it can help by letting you see how your thinking process changes over time.
    IronLion-Lab.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points

I had to keep a journal when I was in rehab more or less. It does help my problem is I hate writing. I actually have to pay a trainer to keep up at the gym. Not that im lazy its just my mindset is not there yet to keep up with anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

You should.

I wouldn't even worry about putting it on here since there's probably things in your head you'd rather not make public.

One way to help the process for people is writing down your thoughts. I know a journal sounds stupid but, it can help by letting you see how your thinking process changes over time.
    ^^this is great advice. Personal growth is managed so much better when you can see it in front of you.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,337 Posts
    Rep Points

I had to keep a journal when I was in rehab more or less. It does help my problem is I hate writing. I actually have to pay a trainer to keep up at the gym. Not that im lazy its just my mindset is not there yet to keep up with anything.

So that's something you can work on

Try a tape recorder.
    IronLion-Lab.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Swolewelder View Post
    ^^this is great advice. Personal growth is managed so much better when you can see it in front of you.
    , mnn