• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Just 3 pieces of advice

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
We often see threads about worst advice EVER.. But we seldom read about best suggestions..

If you were sitting down with the younger version of yourself, or simply a newbie what advice would you give if asked? What would you offer,what suggestions about the best course of action for him/her that would find them well in this way of life with training and the lifestyle with using AAS?

1) Take the first few years and dedicate it to learning the true curves to dieting and nutrition, If you don't know your way around the kitchen and how you respond to nutrients & timing, your sensitivities, portion amounts and when adding or subtracting is necessary.. Meeting your desired goal will become extremely difficult while wasting valuable time if you truly don't understand the very importance of this..
2) Learn how the muscles actually function and work in groups, the true mechanics and range of motions, different twitches and so on and what head is activated or deactivated with particular movements and focus on form. Don't make a stink or stress about all of the overwhelming different training styles, videos, movements and so on. Stick to the basics, basics win!
3) Get bloods, understand how to interpret them, have baseline bloods, pre, mid and post. With AAS, don't underestimate that less can be more. Research, and research your research.. Speaking of "underestimate", NEVER underestimate TEST only cycles. This is where you learn the most, whether a beginner or a vet, our bodies are always changing.
TEST only cycles are effective for everybody. :)

Some extra take home notes:
Surround yourself with goal like minded people, stay the f**k away from naysayers and underachievers (you'll reach your target and dreams much faster and it will became a reality)

Last edited:
1.) don’t waste your time on things you cannot control
2.) be realistic in your short term goals
3.) Celebrate achievements and stop dwelling on failures (except muscle failure of course)
at the end of the day, do you for you and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

3.) Celebrate achievements and stop dwelling on failures (except muscle failure of course)

Absolutely great addition man and perfectly said... Especially being realistic with your goals man..

1) learn to love who you are, who you’re becoming and don’t dwell on the past

2) keep focused and don’t become discouraged

3) remember this is a jog, not a sprint. With time, achievements will come

4) never stop learning. When you stop learning, you stop progressing

5) believe in you. Always. Even when you find it hard to do.

6) ignore the negativity. It’s not motivation. There’s nothing motivating about negative thoughts or influence from anyone. Including yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6) ignore the negativity. It’s not motivation. There’s nothing motivating about negative thoughts or influence from anyone. Including yourself.

#4 and #6 most definitely

#1 is what changed my life the most over the last few years.

I would stress when something happened that was "bad". Hope repairs, money issues, and so on.

I finally figured out that the stress of dwelling on them only made it worse.

My wife hasn't learned that yet and it drives her crazy that I think this way now.

I always say "we'll figure it out, we always do" and, we always do.

Great posts guys.

Number 4 has been great.

I attribute all my growth, physically and mentally, to keeping an open mind.

#1 is what changed my life the most over the last few years.

I would stress when something happened that was "bad". Hope repairs, money issues, and so on.

I finally figured out that the stress of dwelling on them only made it worse.

My wife hasn't learned that yet and it drives her crazy that I think this way now.

I always say "we'll figure it out, we always do" and, we always do.

Great posts guys.
yeah brother...I hear ya!!! I know how I SHOULD think, but try telling my brain that! Was seriously considering yoga and mediation because the vodka is not helping. Lmao. My apologies for any incoherent and absurd posts lately. Trying not to turn this all trailer park. Haha later dudes!

IML Gear Cream!
yeah brother...I hear ya!!! I know how I SHOULD think, but try telling my brain that! Was seriously considering yoga and mediation because the vodka is not helping. Lmao. My apologies for any incoherent and absurd posts lately. Trying not to turn this all trailer park. Haha later dudes!
Meditation is something I do every day actually.

10-15 minutes when I wake up. I sit on the porch in my back yard with no distractions and just think about what I need to do that day to achieve my goals for the day, as well as long term.

Just serenity and my thoughts.

I learned this in recovery from drugs and alcohol what a coincidence

Wow some great advice, dwelling in the past is a bad one for me. I relive negative shit going all the way back to my childhood, really sucks, wish i could permanently forget some things.

10-15 minutes when I wake up. I sit on the porch in my back yard with no distractions and just think about what I need to do that day to achieve my goals for the day, as well as long term.

I tried that when I was away but I couldn't open my mind to it maybe because I was just not ready. But they gave me some scented oils and that really helped. Do you employ the scented oils? Maybe I will try that again because I live in a pretty nice area where I can get some peace. But I just don't know how to do it.. once in awhile I stop and breathe but that's nowhere near the level of what you're doing you're completely unplugging... I need to try that

Wow some great advice, dwelling in the past is a bad one for me. I relive negative shit going all the way back to my childhood, really sucks, wish i could permanently forget some things.

Same here.

I tried that when I was away but I couldn't open my mind to it maybe because I was just not ready. But they gave me some scented oils and that really helped. Do you employ the scented oils? Maybe I will try that again because I live in a pretty nice area where I can get some peace. But I just don't know how to do it.. once in awhile I stop and breathe but that's nowhere near the level of what you're doing you're completely unplugging... I need to try that
Nah no oils or water falls or anything lol.

It sounds silly saying it but, it takes practice.

I've been doing it long enough now it's just me in a chair with coffee and I'm in the zone.

Nah no oils or water falls or anything lol.

It sounds silly saying it but, it takes practice.

I've been doing it long enough now it's just me in a chair with coffee and I'm in the zone.

Exactly how long could I expect to really feel the results with this I understand it's about putting your time in and letting it work for you but what is the realistic time frame that someone can start noticing the returns.... Do you suggest any music or just complete silence? And is it better to do it before you eat your first meal or after your meal and just relax what you digest

I do the same thing man, and I learned it in recovery too haha this is some of the best advice I ever got. Getting a plan together and getting yourself centered as soon as you wake up.

Exactly how long could I expect to really feel the results with this I understand it's about putting your time in and letting it work for you but what is the realistic time frame that someone can start noticing the returns.... Do you suggest any music or just complete silence? And is it better to do it before you eat your first meal or after your meal and just relax what you digest
I do it while I eat my morning oatmeal. But in the beginning I would suggest just finishing a quiet spot and just thinking. It doesn’t have to be like a Buddhist monk lol, meditation is just reflecting on yourself and grounding yourself. Try to just clear your thoughts and think about the day ahead of you. Don’t dwell on things out of your control just sit and thing about what you want to accomplish for the day when you wake up.

Im with you there. I still dwell on shit from high school at times. I cant remember shit from last week but little comments from 25 years ago has me wanting to hunt some people down. I know its fucked up when I think that way.....and sam where ever you are I'm coming for your ass one day! lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Im with you there. I still dwell on shit from high school at times. I cant remember shit from last week but little comments from 25 years ago has me wanting to hunt some people down. I know its fucked up when I think that way.....and sam where ever you are I'm coming for your ass one day! lol

we’ve all
got a Sam, bro. F*ck Sam.

Get Shredded!
It's a lot like everything we do in the aspect of, gotta give what works best for you lol.

Start thinking about the times during the day, the things you're doing and hearing when you're most relaxed besides sleeping.

It may actually BE oils and an ambient noise CD for yourself. I know a person in recovery who cleans their house every single morning and this is when they mediate . I know another who does it on dog walks.

To answer your first question, a while. To do it "properly" you have to learn let go of everything bugging you which is very hard and at the same time think about those things without it bugging you lol.

It took me months to get DECENT at it. Just like in the gym and diet, I'd have good days and bad days. After 5 years though I can go into they mind set pretty easily but I still have my days where I have trouble with it.

Try this -

Write down the things that pop into your head as far as obligations and thoughts during the day. Keep that list going.

Each day before you meditate pick one of those things and either write out, or talk out, depending on the type of person you are, what you can actually do about that topic and what you can't.

Spend the next five minutes meditating on what you CAN do to help the situation and a way to do it. Only the positive.

From there just keep building on your time and creativity/seriousness of the topic.

I've never read a book about meditation or anything btw. This is just what I learned from self observation and working on it.

It's a lot like everything we do in the aspect of, gotta give what works best for you lol.

Start thinking about the times during the day, the things you're doing and hearing when you're most relaxed besides sleeping.

It may actually BE oils and an ambient noise CD for yourself. I know a person in recovery who cleans their house every single morning and this is when they mediate . I know another who does it on dog walks.

To answer your first question, a while. To do it "properly" you have to learn let go of everything bugging you which is very hard and at the same time think about those things without it bugging you lol.

It took me months to get DECENT at it. Just like in the gym and diet, I'd have good days and bad days. After 5 years though I can go into they mind set pretty easily but I still have my days where I have trouble with it.

Try this -

Write down the things that pop into your head as far as obligations and thoughts during the day. Keep that list going.

Each day before you meditate pick one of those things and either write out, or talk out, depending on the type of person you are, what you can actually do about that topic and what you can't.

Spend the next five minutes meditating on what you CAN do to help the situation and a way to do it. Only the positive.

From there just keep building on your time and creativity/seriousness of the topic.

I've never read a book about meditation or anything btw. This is just what I learned from self observation and working on it.
This makes me want to start a meditation log. I would love to find something that works for me. I get 1/2 of what I need to get done daily from thinking about all the BS. This is something that could help most of us in here if we can learn to do it.

This makes me want to start a meditation log. I would love to find something that works for me. I get 1/2 of what I need to get done daily from thinking about all the BS. This is something that could help most of us in here if we can learn to do it.

You should.

I wouldn't even worry about putting it on here since there's probably things in your head you'd rather not make public.

One way to help the process for people is writing down your thoughts. I know a journal sounds stupid but, it can help by letting you see how your thinking process changes over time.

I had to keep a journal when I was in rehab more or less. It does help my problem is I hate writing. I actually have to pay a trainer to keep up at the gym. Not that im lazy its just my mindset is not there yet to keep up with anything.

You should.

I wouldn't even worry about putting it on here since there's probably things in your head you'd rather not make public.

One way to help the process for people is writing down your thoughts. I know a journal sounds stupid but, it can help by letting you see how your thinking process changes over time.

^^this is great advice. Personal growth is managed so much better when you can see it in front of you.

I had to keep a journal when I was in rehab more or less. It does help my problem is I hate writing. I actually have to pay a trainer to keep up at the gym. Not that im lazy its just my mindset is not there yet to keep up with anything.

So that's something you can work on

Try a tape recorder.

1) diet/training trump drugs every time

2) marathon not a sprint

3) be honest with yourself,,,99% of us will never be pros and 95% of us will never even attempt to compete,,,high dose complex cycles arnt needed to 'look good for females' or 'be stronger then most guys at the gym'....

Back