Milehigh Kratom

Kratom and rx anti depressants

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Rep Points

Kratom and rx anti depressants

Wife takes welbutrin, cymbalta (supplement the welbutrin) and vyvanse (to help with the foggy head feeling that comes with her depression)

She also has severe social anxiety which is no good for her job (Personal Trainer).

I have seen some back and forth that Kratom could cause Seratonin Syndrome when mixed with anti depressants, but anecdotally I am seeing tons of folks taking double go triple what she takes (Rx wise) and having 0 negative on Kratom.

Anyone here using Kratom while on anti depressants? Im not looking to replace her medications, but rather give her something to help with her social anxiety which (coincidentally) could possibly help alleviate some of the depression caused by the anxiety.

Shes open to trying it but unlike running gear, I am a lot more cautious with her and anythig that messes with brain chemistry.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

Many folks just use the krat and drop the other - OD

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm a member of a 30,000 member Kratom group and they almost all report no negative interactions but its a pro Kratom group.

The one drug I would never take with Kratom is Tramadol though. There have been reports of respiratory depression with that combo.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medication. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity. Do not contact me about sources or advertisers as I know nothing about their business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    I'm a member of a 30,000 member Kratom group and they almost all report no negative interactions but its a pro Kratom group.

The one drug I would never take with Kratom is Tramadol though. There have been reports of respiratory depression with that combo.
    Thanks heavy. Ive seen my wife off her meds and she becomes narcoleptic and missing a dose takes about a week to "resolve itself" (i.e. feel back to normal) so I dont feel comfortable just dropping them out right, but her social anxiety is stressing her beyond belief and its becoming a snowball effect on her depression.

Could you recommend where to start strain wise? She can be a social butterfly with a few drinks in her but obviously thats not possible at a job. My boss had mentioned white and green were a good place to start but between all yhe different types on the site (resin, premium etc) im a little confused

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by elit3keraed View Post
    Thanks heavy. Ive seen my wife off her meds and she becomes narcoleptic and missing a dose takes about a week to "resolve itself" (i.e. feel back to normal) so I dont feel comfortable just dropping them out right, but her social anxiety is stressing her beyond belief and its becoming a snowball effect on her depression.

Could you recommend where to start strain wise? She can be a social butterfly with a few drinks in her but obviously thats not possible at a job. My boss had mentioned white and green were a good place to start but between all yhe different types on the site (resin, premium etc) im a little confused
    For me Red and Yellow mixed 50/50 feels like an antidepressant and mood booster with anti anxiety effects. Reds are the most mellow and yellows most mood boosting. combined they are very pain killing also.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medication. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity. Do not contact me about sources or advertisers as I know nothing about their business.