• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

GarlicChicken Ongoing Log

You guys all right.. Not sure how close you are to the fires up there.

You guys all right.. Not sure how close you are to the fires up there.
Yeah we're good man, thank you for checking! One of my coworkers lost everything, there's been so many people effected it's unbelievable. We've been donating anything we can to help, I don't think I've ever seen an entire city wiped out like that here. Almost made it down into Chico, luckily they dozed the entire perimiter of the city on that side to stop it. Crazy fires this year.

How about you? Hope you're not near that one down there

Yeah we're good man, thank you for checking! One of my coworkers lost everything, there's been so many people effected it's unbelievable. We've been donating anything we can to help, I don't think I've ever seen an entire city wiped out like that here. Almost made it down into Chico, luckily they dozed the entire perimiter of the city on that side to stop it. Crazy fires this year.

How about you? Hope you're not near that one down there

No we are far from it but like you we know people that lost everything. I have several insureds close to there also. Thankfully none were affected. Yeah man I just cant get over the death toll of this fire.. Seems insane to think that many people died.

Some updates here since I've been slacking on this log lately.

Some of you might have seen my thread on autologous blood injection that I did on my forearm, it seems like it's helping but it's still too early to really tell.

Shoulder is doing really good, in fact yesterday I got my first real upper body pump session in. Felt really good doing it but I had to stay light and be really careful so I didn't reinjure it. It's a little sore today but not bad at all considering what I did. It's starting to tighten up and the popping/clunking has stopped for the most part. So good news on that for the most part.

Here's yesterday's upper pump workout and today's leg workout. Had to be easy on my knees since the 3x weekly legs sessions catches up to me by Thursday and Friday

Spider crawls with band 3 sets of 3 up and down

Cable external rotation 3 sets of 20
20lbs

Plate loaded ohp
0*20
10*20
20*15
30*15
40*15
55*15
60*12

Cable one arm rows
45*20
50*15
60*15
70*12

Neutral grip pulldown
80*20
90*15
90*15
100*15
100*15

Plate chest press
25*15
35*15
45*15
55*12-45*8-35*8-25*8

Pec deck 2x15

Rear delt machine
35*25
50*20
65*20-50*8-35*8

Friday:
Standing ham curl 4*12

Smith squat sets if 12 until can barely get 12, then 3 drops of 8 last set
205-185-165-145

Single leg extension 2*25
Supersetted with
Bodyweight step up 2*15
BW
BW

Lying single ham curl 3*15 drop last set and 10 partials every set

Some updates here since I've been slacking on this log lately.

Some of you might have seen my thread on autologous blood injection that I did on my forearm, it seems like it's helping but it's still too early to really tell.

Shoulder is doing really good, in fact yesterday I got my first real upper body pump session in. Felt really good doing it but I had to stay light and be really careful so I didn't reinjure it. It's a little sore today but not bad at all considering what I did. It's starting to tighten up and the popping/clunking has stopped for the most part. So good news on that for the most part.

Here's yesterday's upper pump workout and today's leg workout. Had to be easy on my knees since the 3x weekly legs sessions catches up to me by Thursday and Friday

Spider crawls with band 3 sets of 3 up and down

Cable external rotation 3 sets of 20
20lbs

Plate loaded ohp
0*20
10*20
20*15
30*15
40*15
55*15
60*12

Cable one arm rows
45*20
50*15
60*15
70*12

Neutral grip pulldown
80*20
90*15
90*15
100*15
100*15

Plate chest press
25*15
35*15
45*15
55*12-45*8-35*8-25*8

Pec deck 2x15

Rear delt machine
35*25
50*20
65*20-50*8-35*8

Friday:
Standing ham curl 4*12

Smith squat sets if 12 until can barely get 12, then 3 drops of 8 last set
205-185-165-145

Single leg extension 2*25
Supersetted with
Bodyweight step up 2*15
BW
BW

Lying single ham curl 3*15 drop last set and 10 partials every set

Solid sessions man 👍👍

Very proud of you and your hard work even through the bullshit injury.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very proud of you and your hard work even through the bullshit injury.

Thanks man I appreciate all the coaching! Come a long ways, hoping this crap will be healed soon so I can get back to full tilt!

Well, the tendonitis is getting better finally. Today was my first halfway non-gimped back workout in a long time. Nothing crazy or close to heavy, but it's a huge step in the right direction!

Plate loaded single low row (per side)
25*20
45*15
70*12
70*12

Plate loaded pulldown (per side)
45*15
70*12
70*12
70*12

Stretchers
70*12
80*12
80*10

Barbell shrugs fst-7 style 7 sets of 8 with 30 seconds rest between sets

Cable single arm rows fst-7 style 7 sets of 8 30 sec rest between sets
70lbs

Weighted hyperextensions
25*12
25*15

Here's an update picture. Pretty sure the upper body is withering away as we speak! It needs stimulation damnit!
7c84e9705bd98b1a03450768b02312c9.jpg

Like the pirate ship shower curtain bro
Very cool w the Kraken taking it under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I'm getting back to it as I heal! Need to get some updated pics this weekend to compare, my back has taken a pretty good hit with the shoulder issue but it's coming back

I’m new here and Was directed to your log by monty. Saw your most recent pic compared to first post and you’ve made excellent progress. I’ll be following bro.
Hes killing it.

I’m new here and Was directed to your log by monty. Saw your most recent pic compared to first post and you’ve made excellent progress. I’ll be following bro.
Thanks man! Been working hard, now getting these injuries healed up so I can get back at it properly
Hes killing it.

With your help!

Good morning Garlic.
Happy Friday to ya!

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk

So this week I got in the best upper body workouts I've been able to do for a long time. Just kinda went in and let 'er rip as best I could. Kept it lighter and didn't get crazy with the volume to see where my shoulder was at. Seems like it's going really good! Forearm is feeling much better too, now I'm working on strengthening it and getting it's flexibility back.

Here's some of the workouts for the week. Nothing special it remotely impressive but not bad one month after a rotator tear!

Plate loaded single low row (per side)
25*20
45*15
70*12
70*12

Plate loaded pulldown (per side)
45*15
70*12
70*12
70*12

Stretchers
70*12
80*12
80*10

Barbell shrugs fst-7 style 7 sets of 8 with 30 seconds rest between sets

Cable single arm rows fst-7 style 7 sets of 8 30 sec rest between sets
70lbs

Weighted hyperextensions
25*12
25*15

Band internal/external rotations
3x12

Machine press activation 4x15

Slight incline DB press 4x12

Plate loaded incline press 4x12 3 drops last set
135-115-95-75

Cable flye 2x25

Rear delt machine flye 4x30
50 drop to 35 to failure

Machine lateral raise 4x15

DB overhead press 2x15 very slow controlled reps

Standing calf 4x10 with 5 partials

Donkey calf 4x12

Rope pushdown action activation 4x15

Supersetted with
V bar cable curl 4x15

Ez bar preacher curl 4x10

Supersetted w/ Assisted dips
60lb
50lb

Ez cable pushdown 4x12

Supersetted w/ ez cable curl 4x12

Cable pinwheel curl 4x15
Stopped forearm tendon

Superset w/ cable overhead extension 4x25

Figured I'd throw up a current pic from today. Had a large cheat yesterday and spilled over, and this is retaining a lot of water subq. Not sure on weight, I'll check that in Saturday when I take a real progress pic. I'm five weeks out from the rotator tear now, and I definitely have some atrophy from that.

Got a solid back workout in today, bothered my forearm a little with DB rows at the end so I held off from pushing too far. Hoping it's good when I wake up, but I might have to do a second blood injection since I only got one of two irritated tendons on the last one, now the one that extends my middle finger is the culprit.
4fdc3866e89a4372ac23d1831b26e6c1.jpg

Figured I'd throw up a current pic from today. Had a large cheat yesterday and spilled over, and this is retaining a lot of water subq. Not sure on weight, I'll check that in Saturday when I take a real progress pic. I'm five weeks out from the rotator tear now, and I definitely have some atrophy from that.

Got a solid back workout in today, bothered my forearm a little with DB rows at the end so I held off from pushing too far. Hoping it's good when I wake up, but I might have to do a second blood injection since I only got one of two irritated tendons on the last one, now the one that extends my middle finger is the culprit.
Still looking good gc, shoulders are looking more defined and vascular. Do you have long hair or what is on the side of your head? Just curious, not talking smack.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I think he’s got earbuds hanging over the side...

either way, you are looking solid bro. Keep up the hard work. With the amount of setbacks you’ve had, it’s going to be difficult to find excuses to not achieve ones goals.

I think he’s got earbuds hanging over the side...

either way, you are looking solid bro. Keep up the hard work. With the amount of setbacks you’ve had, it’s going to be difficult to find excuses to not achieve ones goals.
That makes sense. Thought he had some anakin Skywalker hairstyle going. Lmao. It's too early for me to be posting.

Looking good brother. Vascularity is really popping.
Did you have surgery to repair the rotator tear? I tore my supraspinatus 3/4 of the way and my subscapulars completely through. It was a bitch. The last time I lifted heavy. I’m increasing my weights a little now but still nervous and it’s been 2-1/2 years. I now usually opt for high reps and low weight.

Thanks guys! Been quite the journey but I'm never giving it up again
Still looking good gc, shoulders are looking more defined and vascular. Do you have long hair or what is on the side of your head? Just curious, not talking smack.

Lol it's just my earbuds. I keep my hair pretty short, I tried letting it get long but it drives me nuts!
Looking good brother. Vascularity is really popping.
Did you have surgery to repair the rotator tear? I tore my supraspinatus 3/4 of the way and my subscapulars completely through. It was a bitch. The last time I lifted heavy. I’m increasing my weights a little now but still nervous and it’s been 2-1/2 years. I now usually opt for high reps and low weight.

I actually didn't at all. It was a small tear luckily, I stopped using it before it could really get bad. It looked about an 1/8th of the way through on the MRI, right on the front side of the supraspinatus. There was that plus a decent amount of fraying on the supraspinatus and the infraspinatus, and all the other tendons in there I guess too. They didn't say anything about the subscapularis although it feels pretty weak to be honest. Luckily I had already started GH and I was on TB and BPC when it happened, and that's what I attribute the extremely fast healing to. Otherwise there's no way I would've been able to get back to lifting so quickly. I was able to start rehabbing it after 2.5 weeks, and I can already lift! I'm still not close to 100% so I've been regulating myself as it gets fatigued and doing plenty of warmups. Bar pressing is still a 100% no go as of last week, so no Smith or BB presses yet. I could handle DB up to 55lb last week, and I was able to push pretty good on plate loaded machines.

I bet the recovery was brutal on yours! Just be careful with the weights man. It's everything I can do to hold back but I know if I don't I'm gonna be in a world of hurt. The last thing we need is another setback!

Great work GC...looking lean and mean..I'm jealous of those abs

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Great work GC...looking lean and mean..I'm jealous of those abs

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
Thanks man! Been a long time in the works lol. Here soon I'll have to put up another side by side of where I started at when I decided to change my lifestyle. Come a long ways lol

Change your lifestyle....

Care to elaborate? Sorry man, this is a long thread. Or just direct me to a post you've already answered this lol

I only ask because I struggle with this myself.

Thanks man! Been a long time in the works lol. Here soon I'll have to put up another side by side of where I started at when I decided to change my lifestyle. Come a long ways lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back