• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone Read?

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Any of you other meat heads read?

I've been sucked back into it since my injury.

Read Dark Matter a few weeks back and just finished Swan Song last week.

Currently about a third of the way through The Stand.

All of these have been very good way far. Might finish the Game of Thrones books after this one since I was 3 books into that before I put it down.

What are some of your favorites? I have to say non fiction doesn't appeal to me much.

I haven't hardly read for about 6 months, which is kinda sad. I just don't have/take the time. Last one I read was a reread of Dante's Inferno, I really enjoy that one. I always used to read fiction, Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit being my all time favorites. I should start taking the time to read at least 15 minutes every night. It really helps keep your mind sharp

I've been on a Micheal Crichton kick lately.
Just read 'The Great Train Robbery' and 'Micro'. Started 'Prey' a few days ago. Would recommend those. Dean Koontz is another favorite of mine. 'Trainspotting' by Irvine Welsh and '1984' by George Orwell are great books. Another book I really liked was 'The Last Days of Jack Sparks' by Jason Arnopp.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Those were the shit 20+ years ago lol

By looking at your book choices, I would recommend Swan Song. It was pretty damn good.
I read when I am on the thrown. Last book I read was pretty intense and I got hooked.... It's call "The Black Farm" and it's pretty nuts.

Just started "The Cabin at the end of the World" so we shall see.

But we should all go back to Goosebumps?

If you are into fantasy, I will recommend Eragon. Its a 4 book series. Lord of the Rings, is another good one.
Poulo coehlo boos are mostly great.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sucked back into it? You truly have gone full meat head monte.

Y u no like nonfiction? Those are the only books I know.

Ok. Just saw a goosebumps recommendation. I’m guilty of pretty much all of those when I was 12.

I'm working on "True Allegiance" by Ben Shapiro

Sucked back into it? You truly have gone full meat head monte.

Y u no like nonfiction? Those are the only books I know.
Lol well I can't just casually read.... I'll read non stop for days if I can.

I guess I read mainly to escape reality and have fun with it. Non fiction has never really done that in book form. TV yes. Podcast (hardcore history) yes. Book no.

I like Ben, always poses great arguments.

I absolutely love the guy.. if anyone truly understands him he is not biased at all and he will pull anyone's card.. everything is merely his opinion but he gives you a different perspective to look at things whether you agree or disagree that is up to the individual.. but whenever he does present something a lot of times he is a pretty accurate assessment.

I absolutely love the guy.. if anyone truly understands him he is not biased at all and he will pull anyone's card.. everything is merely his opinion but he gives you a different perspective to look at things whether you agree or disagree that is up to the individual.. but whenever he does present something a lot of times he is a pretty accurate assessment.

He states facts, which is why left extremists hate having him on their shows. I do respect Bill Maher for at least having good guests such as Ben and Jordan Peterson, even though Bill tends to make an ass of himself when they are on lol.

Exactly. Here's really not biased, he obviously holds conservative values but does spin things at all. It's a refreshing change from most everything else

i got back into reading mainly because all i do pretty much is have my eyes trained on my laptop or phone - it's a nice change.

any horror recommendations you all know of?

finished Pet Semetary a couple weeks ago - wasn't all that frightening.

Lamb by Christopher Moore was the last one I read fictional story about Jesus growing up as a teenager not quite understanding he is the messiah, some may think it’s blasphemy but it’s actually hilarious if your not up tight about religion. .....joe hill(Son of Stephen king) read all his stuff so far...those are great reads and not as long as the old mans...

Wife wants me to read Gillian Flynn - sharp objects now that I’m handicapped and mope around the house all day....prolly will

I've been on a Micheal Crichton kick lately.
Just read 'The Great Train Robbery' and 'Micro'. Started 'Prey' a few days ago. Would recommend those. Dean Koontz is another favorite of mine. 'Trainspotting' by Irvine Welsh and '1984' by George Orwell are great books. Another book I really liked was 'The Last Days of Jack Sparks' by Jason Arnopp.

state of fear was good too.

I like dan brown also

Currently reading a book my pops bought me "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance". Its a very existential book. I like it so far.

LOL im also right in the middle of a real page tuner called "fortitude training"... that makes me want to tear my eyes out hahahah. Ill finish the 170 pages today though. maybe start this program next week along with my massive doses of 250mgs test.

LOL im also right in the middle of a real page tuner called "fortitude training"... that makes me want to tear my eyes out hahahah. Ill finish the 170 pages today though. maybe start this program next week along with my massive doses of 250mgs test.
Probably need to read it twice at least. No joke

Get Shredded!
Nah...my vision sucks now that I am 48 and so I don't read anymore.

Except for the letters on the computer screen.

Go find a copy of "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson, hands down one of my all-time top ten. "The Stand" (unedited version) is number one on that list.

Go find a copy of "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson, hands down one of my all-time top ten. "The Stand" (unedited version) is number one on that list.
That's the second edition of the stand right? I think one was cut down about 400 pages.

Wife wants me to read Gillian Flynn - sharp objects now that I’m handicapped and mope around the house all day....prolly will
Sharp Objects, Gone Girl, and Dark Places are all good.

That's the second edition of the stand right? I think one was cut down about 400 pages.

Exactly. Second ed has some really fucked up parts. It's very satisfying.

That's the one I'm reading now. About a third of the way into it.

Best end-of-the-world book ever. Fasten your seat belt brah, it's just getting started.

Also “Enders Game” was a good book.. and I read it long before they made it into a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't read Swan Song or The Stand. Curious which one you like better. I'll put that on my list next.
That's the one I'm reading now. About a third of the way into it.

Back