• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Never rehabbed Torn Achilles - Help for growing calves?

bearjew10

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey Guys,

I ruptured my achilles tendon back in 2011. Like an idiot, asshole, young 21 year old kid, I said fuck rehab and did jack shit. I used to play all kinds of sports, soccer being my main, and I always had great, strong legs. Now, not so much. I've been trying to grow my legs and I'm starting to see progress.

My issue comes to my calves however. I try to train my left calf and I tend to cramp and get scared to rupture, strain, or tear something. My muscle atrophied when this all occured, and I have disproportionate calf muscles. Does anyone have any experience with achilles or calf training that can assist me? I've read the easiest way to grow calves is to train them 5-7 days a week, because we use our calves daily just to talk and climb stairs, etc. Idk how accurate that is.

I'm just worried about getting injured, but while on this GH cycle in combination with my other stuff I'm taking, I figure this is the best time to "self-rehab" and grow my calf again.

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I ruptured my achilles tendon back in 2011. Like an idiot, asshole, young 21 year old kid, I said fuck rehab and did jack shit. I used to play all kinds of sports, soccer being my main, and I always had great, strong legs. Now, not so much. I've been trying to grow my legs and I'm starting to see progress.

My issue comes to my calves however. I try to train my left calf and I tend to cramp and get scared to rupture, strain, or tear something. My muscle atrophied when this all occured, and I have disproportionate calf muscles. Does anyone have any experience with achilles or calf training that can assist me? I've read the easiest way to grow calves is to train them 5-7 days a week, because we use our calves daily just to talk and climb stairs, etc. Idk how accurate that is.

I'm just worried about getting injured, but while on this GH cycle in combination with my other stuff I'm taking, I figure this is the best time to "self-rehab" and grow my calf again.

Thanks
Damn man that really sucks. I did the same thing with my pectoral and literally constantly regret it. It's made any real progress on bench nearly impossible. I hope you find an answer you're looking for or if surgery is the answer, it sucks but in the long run is much better. Good luck bro!!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Damn man that really sucks. I did the same thing with my pectoral and literally constantly regret it. It's made any real progress on bench nearly impossible. I hope you find an answer you're looking for or if surgery is the answer, it sucks but in the long run is much better. Good luck bro!!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

To clarify, I had surgery to repair it, I just never rehabbed it once I was recovered from the surgery. But thank you bro I appreciate that. Hope your pec gets better

To clarify, I had surgery to repair it, I just never rehabbed it once I was recovered from the surgery. But thank you bro I appreciate that. Hope your pec gets better
In that case I'd say start training it. You backing off of training because of the pain is only making it worse. Start working at it slowly, maybe try adding in lower volume multiple 2-3 times per week at first. It'll require consistent stretching, deep tissue work using foam roll, lacrosse ball, and probably some flossing using voodoo bands wouldn't hurt. Start looking up rehab videos on YouTube

Back