• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bicep Tendon Tear

Milford King

ASF World Champion
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This morning, while playing football, i experienced a ripping sensation to my bicep where it connects to my interior elbow. My muscle began to spasm and I started experiencing a lot of pain and a loss of function and movement. I went to a walk in and they told me to go to ER, so I did. I have to wait for MRI on Monday but the nurse stated that she thinks its a partial tear. My bicep looks weird and is up in my lower shoulder area. Anybody experience this? How long is recovery? Will I gain 100% functionality back? I swear to God when it rains it pours!!! Feeling devastated right now so any good news from you guys regarding fast recovery would make my day. Thanks
MK

There is someone else I can't remember who but just had this within the past few months. They had pictures posted as well showing the deformity.

Hopefully it's a partial and not fully torn. Fully will require surgery but both will require some rehab. I tore my adductor, 3cm x 8 cm tear, it was 3 months to heal mostly now at 5 months I am just now getting decent strength back.

Do you have any bruising going on yet?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Slight bruising on near the interior elbow. It’s swelled up a bit but when I lift my arm my bicep is really far from my elbow and looks like it’s climbing into my shoulder. Not a whole lot of bruising, yet, but my wrist feels tight and stiff and I’m losing mobility. I would post pics but it’s hard to see without me moving my arm into a bicep flexed position, and that’s impossible right now. But I will get to it at some point. Never experienced this injury before, feel like I’m gonna lose all progress made thus far. Wished I would stretched more before the game, wtf!

That's exactly what got me was not stretching. Mine only had a little bruising but the next day it was really bad. MRI will tell you but if like my doc you gotta wait for them to read it. Hate to say it but it's not a fast recovery if you tore it bad. Might want to run some bpc157 to speed it up. Seemed to help montego out with his leg.

You definitely have a tear whether partial or full based on your description of the muscle climbing towards your shoulder.
Cross your fingers you can avoid surgery.
I just had surgery for a torn triceps tendon- Couldnt work out all for a month- Finally got back in the gym today but still in a brace and it will be another 2 months at least before I can use my arm normally (full range of motion)- May take 9 months or longer before my strength in that arm is close to what it used to be.
From what I have read, the recovery from a torn biceps tendon is not near as long as it is for a torn triceps tendon due to the position of the two heads of the bicep muscle so you should have a quicker recovery than I will regardless of whether or not you have to have surgery. Good luck on avoiding surgery.

Distal Bicep Tendon Rupture

bicep 3.pngbicep 1.JPGi know its hard to see but there is quite a gap between my elbow and where my bicep begins, loss of ability to pronate and supinate my arm without serious pain, cannot lift or pull anything. moderate bruising...kill me now.

You need to see a surgeon ASAP. I’ve torn both.

Have you had your MRI yet?

It will start to heal itself if you don’t correct it now. Most elderly don’t bother with it when they tear them but if your young and plan on lifting you need to move quickly.

Injury was Saturday morning. MRI was this morning. The healthcare system likes to drag there feet. I don’t know how much fight I got left in me, if I can’t lift I’m gonna be a burden to society. It’s the only thing that keeps my head on straight. My anxiety is thru the roof.

IML Gear Cream!
Injury was Saturday morning. MRI was this morning. The healthcare system likes to drag there feet. I don’t know how much fight I got left in me, if I can’t lift I’m gonna be a burden to society. It’s the only thing that keeps my head on straight. My anxiety is thru the roof.
It sucks I think plenty of us on here have been through something similar. You will get through bro. My left arm is still recovering from a neck injury. I was all plpfucked up for a while. I felt like I had little t-rex arms for a while.

Your good if scheduled within 10 days of injury. Just don’t rush rehab.

take it easy bro- I was the same way- You can deal with it and do everything in the gym but use that arm for a while after surgery. For sure you should have surgery within the first 3 weeks of the injury.

Had a complete tear on the left and a partial on the right within 2 months of each other a couple years ago. Can't curl like I used to but I can still pull and do other things. Thought about surgery but it's just biceps so I give the extra attention to my traps

yeah- I shouldn't have said surgery is absolutely necessary as the bicep tendon tends to heal somewhat on its own but not near as well as it would if you have surgery. Also if you have a partial tear, you may just need to rest for a few months. A full tear and like selfmademonster said depends on what is important to you as to whether or not you opt for surgery.

It might heal but your bicep will sit high like it is now. Your arm muscles will compensate some for the bicep but you will not have full strength. Probably have a tweak feeling as well when flexed. Just something to think about

Fuck bro.....could you lie to me once in awhile? Ya know, just tell me everything will be back to normal, just gonna ride the pedal bike at the gym for 3 months ..... then all is well!!! Wtf bro! Lol

Dr called.... complete tear... surgery on Thursday... thank you guys for your input. I’m gonna opt for ‘endo-button’ surgery. The best chance I have of fully recovery. I gotta get my swell on...WTF else is there to do? Crosswords? I really hope this goes smooth and I can get back to it fast. Still , I WILL NOT give up. Fuck that!

You better not get back to it too fast, you will tear it again. Take it easy and calm down. Sound off like you got a pair, lol. You will be good buddy.

Alright boys and girls....I’m pretty much fucked from any serious gym time due to this injury...I know there are a couple compounds that will aid in recovery speed, what about continue a TRT does of Test E (250-300mg/wk)with low dose Anavar (10-20mg s day)while I’m down trying to recover? Should this help me retain some muscle mass in my injured arm? Should I come off completely and try to PCT during my recovery instead? What would you guys do? Can’t afford HGH....so besides that compound what would y’all run if you were in my shoes..,prolly 3 months before I can get back at it, at least 3 months I should say...What would you do?

Get Shredded!
So I think I figured something out...if I go 200mg week of test E. Plus 20mg Anavar daily and 300mgs of deca weekly my collagen synthesis will increase. As AAS users should be aware that Supra-physiological amounts of exogenous test supplementation will weaken tendons as it increases muscle mass. So TRT dose test and moderate levels of EQ, Deca or Primo will enhance tendon strength. Obviously GH shows more dramatic results regarding collagen synthesis leading to stronger tendons but if you can’t afford the HGH then low dose test plus moderate levels of Deca, EQ and or Primo would be the next best thing. So I’m gonna prolly do that. And hit cardio like crazy and leg workouts that I can do without putting any pressure on my injury. See if I can’t maintain a certain level of fitness and also run clen after I do enough research to determine clen won’t negatively effect my healing process.

Sounds like a plan!

New look

08F2350F-474C-46F1-82E8-192D2BD8F881.pngLooking sexy in my sling !

Thats gonna give you a sexy tan line too!

Already has lol. So far it’s an awesome summer, of course! I love it when the night temps hold 68-70 degrees. I used to cruise through the more populous areas on my bike and I loved it. The feeling of freedom on a warm summer night on the bike combined with religiously hitting the gym just made me a happy go lucky kinda guy. Next summer prolly ice age will set in. Haha.

F40A8D57-A69F-4FAF-A14C-CD671486836B.jpeg So the surgery went alright. My bicep deformity isn’t there anymore, it looks like it’s back in my place. I haven’t done anything but eat since the surgery, not sure if it’s normal to have increased appetite after surgery, but I feel hungry all the time. There is a lot of pain still in the wound area but my wrist and rest of my arm is numb and swelled up still. I think the numbness will go away in a month, apparently there is a nerve that gets messed with a little during operation. I’m hoping that a couple months from now I will be able to start lifting again. It will be a long road but I’m setting a goal that by next summer I will be in the best shape of my life. I want to be around 175LBS at about 8-10% body fat. During this down time I plan on dialing my macros in and hitting 60 min of cardio everyday, starting with LISS then working my way up to HIIT. At least so I don’t have to worry about being fat and can move right into a bulking phase this fall/winter. This injury fucking blows, but thanks for all the support.

Cjc-1295 with DAC, TB-500 and GHRP-6 will help with recovery.

Igf-1, a ghrp, and a ghrh was what i used and was back in 10 weeks fully functional in the gym. Between surgery and being released, i worked on conditioning, core, and whatever legs movements i could do. Took it really slow when i came back. Upper body strength was obviously wiped out. But legs, conditioning, and core were better for it

Last edited:
I plan on getting back into the swing of things very soon, like you said, I can work on core and legs and conditioning and make it easier on myself when I do make my return. Unfortunately disability isn’t paying my bills so I can’t afford the drugs you suggested, I did ask my surgeon and he said there aren’t any drugs that can speed up recovery (that’s always the response) and they won’t script HGH for secondary purposes. Of course.

Back