• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bicep Tendon Tear

IML Gear Cream!

Good call having the surgery. Take your time with recovery. Twisting hand left and right was the hardest thing ever for me. Couldn’t believe how much the tendon was involved with such a simple task. Good Luck

Yeah I can’t supinate or pronate at all. I keep forgetting my arm is fucked up and grab things and then fear I’m gonna re tear it so I just keep it in the sling. I wanted to ask you because you have been thru this..did you get the surgery? Either way how long before you were able to get back to unrestricted lifting? Was muscle atrophy really noticeable? Do you still suffer from loss of range of motion or any pain now? Will I struggle packing mass back on my arm? Should I avoid certain lifts when this heals? Any other info you can give me regarding this injury and potential future re-injury? Thanks Crue!!

Ive torn both. My right was first. I didn’t know what I did until after a week of it happening. Showed a guy from work and he about died. Told me what I did and had surgery scheduled within a week. My bicep sits higher on this arm and I have some nerve damage as well as less strength. I assume from the longer wait of having the surgery.

My left was fixed within 5 days because I knew immediately what I did. It’s 100% with looks and strength

Awesome bro thanks for the heads up. I got nerve damage still but dr said in all his cases the nerves go back to normal in a month or two. It feels like my forearm is “asleep “ and there is still that “drilled a hole in my bone” kinda pain in the wound spot. Next 5-6 months is gonna be me trying to avoid getting fat and working what I can without threatening to cause further damage. Been down about it but gotta do what I can with what I have been given. Time to focus on nutrition and cardio.

You’ll be gold in 5-6 months. Probably sooner actually

Take the rehab serious, especially the supination/pronation work. I worked it hard and still lost a few degrees of rotation. Not a huge deal but irritating that i can't do something simple like hold my hand out flat to get my change back at a store, among other things

I had a similar tear helping my dad split an old pine tree that blew over on his place. The MRI showed a moderate tear <50% It took a few months of rest and some good HGH to heal. I couldn't do pull ups for nearly a year, and did nothing except legs for the first month. It didn't affect my push lifts but go light after 6-8 weeks on that arm with your arms and back routines. I also used a wrap for a year which helped.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the advice.

Back