• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Man I swear its been the worst day. Gotta put my dog down

johnjohn

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My old bulldog shes been like a kid to me for 11 years. Ole girl started hacking and coughing a few weeks ago. I finally took her to the vet today and shes eat up with lung cancer. Hardly any room in her lungs for air. So me and the wife made the decision to bring her home for a few days to let her eat what ever she wants and just spend time with the old girl before I take her back next week to have her put down. Its amazing how attached we can get to a animal. Shitty day all around

granabolic.is granabolic@protonmail.com

I feel your pain bro. I had to put my girl down last year. She was a Australian blue heeler. Had her for 14yrs. Same dog mad max had in the first movie. They get to be part of the family. So smart. I miss her but can't get another one yet.
Its cool your giving her a good time and saying good bye.
I was in the hospital and mine took a turn for the worst. The first thing i had to do when i was able to pick her up was go to the vet and put her down. Held her and watched her go to sleep. She is in a better place now. No pain.

I feel your pain bro. I had to put my girl down last year. She was a Australian blue heeler. Had her for 14yrs. Same dog mad max had in the first movie. They get to be part of the family. So smart. I miss her but can't get another one yet.
Its cool your giving her a good time and saying good bye.
I was in the hospital and mine took a turn for the worst. The first thing i had to do when i was able to pick her up was go to the vet and put her down. Held her and watched her go to sleep. She is in a better place now. No pain.
Hate to hear that man I swear they become like family. My vet said that we could be there while they put her to sleep. Don't know if I can take that or not. I believe were looking into getting her cremated he said that was a option I had know clue that was a option

My seven year old American bulldog has cancer bumps all over his body , I feel your pain. I am not looking forward to the day when we have to do that.

My seven year old American bulldog has cancer bumps all over his body , I feel your pain. I am not looking forward to the day when we have to do that.
Yea that sucks man don't know if I even want another one after this. That's all I've ever raised was American Bulldogs. To me they have a personality like a person. I got a 4 year old Male English bulldog and that mofo hateful as the day is long lol.

Damn man!! Sorry to hear. ☹️

How come we love animals enough to put them down, but letting a loved one choose to die when they are in pain is taboo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn man!! Sorry to hear.

How come we love animals enough to put them down, but letting a loved one choose to die when they are in pain is taboo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a big true I lost my dad 3 weeks ago. I had to watch him die because hes kidneys shut down and dialysis wouldn't take. So he ended up with what they said was acid build up in hes blood. It took 3 days for him to pass and I had to sit through the whole thing. Finally on the 3rd day a doctor came in and pulled me to the side and said we can make him more comfortable. We can give him more pain meds but this may push him on out. I knew what he meant he was pretty much offering to help push him over so he wouldn't suffer any more. I said yea let's do that and he was gone 3hrs later. Should be a law if someone is suffering to be able to help them like we do animals. This has really been the worst month of my life.

I'm so sorry brother. Sounds like a very tough few weeks.

Sorry to hear. My heart goes out to you brother, that is so tough.

I love my 13 year old golden retriever to pieces. I will be a total mess when her day comes. Completely loyal, and truly loves me, as I do her. I can have the worst day ever, in a totally pissed off mood, and when I come home and see those bright eyes and wagging tail everything is right again. Always makes me smile. Dogs rock, for the most part, people suck.

This is a big true I lost my dad 3 weeks ago. I had to watch him die because hes kidneys shut down and dialysis wouldn't take. So he ended up with what they said was acid build up in hes blood. It took 3 days for him to pass and I had to sit through the whole thing. Finally on the 3rd day a doctor came in and pulled me to the side and said we can make him more comfortable. We can give him more pain meds but this may push him on out. I knew what he meant he was pretty much offering to help push him over so he wouldn't suffer any more. I said yea let's do that and he was gone 3hrs later. Should be a law if someone is suffering to be able to help them like we do animals. This has really been the worst month of my life.

Totally ridiculous. I can only imagine your pain. That is awful

IML Gear Cream!
Hang in there brother. Just thinking about it makes me want to tear up....I might need to get my estrogen checked, fuck. But keep your head up bro, the sun will shine again.

My old bulldog shes been like a kid to me for 11 years. Ole girl started hacking and coughing a few weeks ago. I finally took her to the vet today and shes eat up with lung cancer. Hardly any room in her lungs for air. So me and the wife made the decision to bring her home for a few days to let her eat what ever she wants and just spend time with the old girl before I take her back next week to have her put down. Its amazing how attached we can get to a animal. Shitty day all around

Dude, so sorry to hear that man.
I'm on the other side of it constantly cleaning up after my puppy.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Life can be a real bitch..dogs are such a huge part of my families life.. especially bulldogs, I have 3 adults and a pup..all American bulldogs and bull mixed..I've lost many dogs over the years and it never gets easier when that final realization hits..I truly feel your pain..time and family will help heal your wounds but it takes time..your brothers here got your back and feel your sorrow..head up and remember the good times with the fallen pup..RIP

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Very sorry to hear this. Dogs are God's creatures! Spell dog backwards! I had my first Great Dane cremated. They took mine to one of the largest funeral homes in my city. Reason being is he was as big as a human. Cost around $228 bucks but I have his ashes right here. I'm afraid I'll be making a decision similar to yours sometime in the future. My female Great Dane is 13.6 years old and it's getting harder for her to get around. But I'm like you i don't think I can be in there holding her when she goes . My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Damn man I'm so sorry to hear this. I been faced with this situation and it IS one of the hardest single damn things I've had to do. I feel your pain brother. It's not easy and will take time to heal so lean on your family and friends when you are sad.
Good luck brother and may your girl RIP.

My wife and I are facing this situation very soon with our English Mastiff. He's been sick for almost a month and after $3000 worth of testing we still don't have a diagnosis. We are waiting for the results of some biopsies and should get some news in the next couple of days.

Hang in there, brother. I know it's tough, I had to put my Rottweiler down in 2013 due to lymphoma and I still get tears in my eyes when I think about it. He was the best dog a person could have and it tore my heart out having to make the decision to end his life.

My wife and I are facing this situation very soon with our English Mastiff. He's been sick for almost a month and after $3000 worth of testing we still don't have a diagnosis. We are waiting for the results of some biopsies and should get some news in the next couple of days.

Hang in there, brother. I know it's tough, I had to put my Rottweiler down in 2013 due to lymphoma and I still get tears in my eyes when I think about it. He was the best dog a person could have and it tore my heart out having to make the decision to end his life.

I have an 11 year old bullmastiff that is pretty much at the end also. He is mostly blind, cant really fight infection any more and had a seizure a week ago. We dont think he is going to make it through the summer... Shoot my weenies are old now to both are like 15 years old but they live longer. Mastiff have such short life spans.. We wont do that again its hard to watch him deteriorate.. he still wags his tail most of the time when he isn't sleeping though so I dont have plans to put him down.

I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm so sorry man.

Man you got closure, someone stole my dog. Fucking bastard. Who the fuck steals dogs. They are like family. I hope he rots in hell.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hey john sorry about your dad.
You should be there for your dog when they put her down. I cried. Fuck it there was no way she was doing it alone with a stranger. Picked her up and took her home and buried her in the yard she loved and protected. My wife thought i was going to leave her there and let the vet deal with her. I told her she didn't deserve that. Best dog i ever had. It is hard to think about getting another one. Don't know if i will ever be ready.

Definitely one of the worst situations a person has to deal with in life. Having put down a few animals in my life time, I don't think I will ever choose to be there in person again though. Too hard and it messes you up for life.

Johnjohn,

Terribly sorry to hear this. I have had to do it to a few that were absolutely family. It is the hardest thing in the world to do.

If I might suggest, say your goodbyes in the room. They will give them a sedative of keto first and let you visit. I couldn't stay to see it through. It killed me. The animal is basically asleep and they can take them to do the final.

Sorry to be graphic friend, just trying to help.

I have made terribly difficult decisions in my career and life, they didn't compare to that decision. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear that brother.. And Thats cuz you don't fall into the trap of treating her like she's just an animal. That's a family member right there.. heck more loyal than most family members I may add.. It's really as hard as burying someone close to you..

It sucks to put a dog down that has 90% good health.. appetite.. mental awareness.. but there's that one thing that will consume them and make them suffer. My dog had a neurological disease and he went from dragging me around the block when walking him to barely making out the front door .. and turning around and coming right back in. Eventually he couldn't lift his back end off the floor and would just piss while dragging his ass to the door.. Everything else he was 100%.. I made sure we were face to face to when she injected him.. I wanted my face to be the last thing he saw as the lights went out. :(

Hey john sorry about your dad.
You should be there for your dog when they put her down. I cried. Fuck it there was no way she was doing it alone with a stranger. Picked her up and took her home and buried her in the yard she loved and protected. My wife thought i was going to leave her there and let the vet deal with her. I told her she didn't deserve that. Best dog i ever had. It is hard to think about getting another one. Don't know if i will ever be ready.

This^^. John... be there for her. She was loyal to you her whole life, she deserves for you to be there with her until the end. It's tough I know, but it's the right thing to do.

This^^. John... be there for her. She was loyal to you her whole life, she deserves for you to be there with her until the end. It's tough I know, but it's the right thing to do.

^^^^ EXACTLY - NEVER leave your best friend -no matter -OD

Back