What does HGH really do?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    In my years of reading I have seen different brands of HGH with differing iu to mg. 2.6 iu to 3 iu per mg is the range I most often see. I would feel comfortable using either to calculate dosages when there is no guidance.
    That must be a lot of years, heavy iron! They switched the standard from 2.6 to 3 back in 1994! You are officially old! LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I have NEVER seen a baseline blood test over 300ng/ml
    Montego1, it looks like this high reference range from the 1970s works out to somewhere in the 300s using the common reference range we use today. The 350 and lower subjects are seriously, seriously low (although common for men in the age group in the study). I am trying to get more exact figures, but I am not sure I am going to be able to get much closer than "ish" and "around" LOL! I am not done yet.

I know I've seen charts that show teens in the 600's but I've never seen anything even close to that.
    Yep, teenagers have a high of 622 on the reference ranges by age. I remember those days, growing, eating everything in sight, and being skinny . . . As for results, on another site with more serious bodybuilders and higher dosages and playing with insulin (and not like the 10 iu post workout most of us who are riskier play with, more like multiple doses of insulin adding up to over 100iu a day and lantus for all day long insulin underlying it) I have seen numbers over 700. One thing I have not seen is results with increlex. I see s2h mentioned it. Can you still get that stuff??? I did not realize it was even available through illegitimate channels these days. I can't imagine the cost.
    Last edited by malfeasance; 06-15-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by elit3keraed View Post
    I ran 10+ iu of Puretropin for almost 7 months straight. Stopped like 6 months ago

Helped my hip enough that i avoided surgery (although gonna probably need to have surgery now so it was sorta a temp fix). Couldnt gain fat to save my life.
    Actually dropped about 6% bodyfat eating shit food.
    Slept like a log and would fall asleep if I sat down for more than 5 minutes.
    Felt full and oumped 24/7

Now interestingly enough, I noticed that even after months of not taking any, my "baseline" bodyfat seems to be around 14% vs the 20% I normally held at (used to stay around 200lbs at 20% without training and eating so so...now its 200 around 14%)
    Also had some joint growth most noticeable in my hands/fingers.

I got enough to run 20ius for about 3 months so thinking about doing it just because its reaching the end of its shelf life.
    (1) Are these references to 10 and 20 daily or a certain number of days per week?

(2) What happened to your fasting blood glucose?

(3) Were you working out (I ask because you mentioned your hip and surgery)?

(4) Did you run insulin?

(5) Muscle gains?

(6) Water retention on 10 i.u.?

(7) Anything else you can tell us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    There are two types of IGF-1...endocrine which is secreted from the liver naturally and autocrine/paracrine IGF-1 which enters the blood stream from a exogenous source...

Endocrine IGF-1 is not effected by glucose or insulin except with prolonged use...its primary effect is increased metabolism(fat loss/anti aging)...autocrine/paracrine IGF-1 coming from a exogenous source like HGH or Increlex can effect glucose and insulin levels but it also has a high bioavailability for protein binding...so increased hyperplasia on the androgen receptor and increased muscle hyprothrophy(gains) as it bypasses the satellite cells..

Best approach is a dual approach of both endrocine and autocrine/paracrine IGF-1 in the blood stream...this can be achieved by exogenous HGH/Increlex and by aromatse of testosterone which releases IGF-1 from the liver...so best of both worlds..
    Can you translate this into English? LOL! Are you saying run steroids, hgh, and increlex?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,198 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Montego1, it looks like this reference range from the 1970s works out to somewhere in the 300s using the common reference range we use today. The 350 and lower subjects are seriously, seriously low (although common for men in the age group in the study. I am trying to get more exact figures, but I am not sure I am going to be able to get much closer than "ish" and "around" LOL! I am not done yet.

Yep, teenagers have a high of 622 on the reference ranges by age. I remember those days, growing, eating everything in sight, and being skinny . . . As for results, on another site with more serious bodybuilders and higher dosages and playing with insulin (and not like the 10 iu post workout most of us who are riskier play with, more like multiple doses of insulin adding up to over 100iu a day and lantus for all day long insulin underlying it) I have seen numbers over 700. One thing I have not seen is results with increlex. I see s2h mentioned it. Can you still get that stuff??? I did not realize it was even available through illegitimate channels these days. I can't imagine the cost.

That's the main reason I not buying that unit if measurement.
    [/QUOTE]I mean a blood test where the result was 300
    IronLion-Lab.net
    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at Straightupkratom.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Rep Points

I mean a blood test where the result was 300
    I understand. What I am trying to say is that the 1500 on this test is "around" 300-ish today. Around and ish. It is a different scale, and, perhaps even more importantly, using different persons, with a much smaller sample size for establishing the range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    That's the one! I would've posted the link sooner but I'm at work and have to keep doing...work lol. That is a really old study, but it's also referencing that they've been using that standard for two years. There's gotta be something published out there.

Anyhow, thanks for keeping on this! Really interesting stuff. I gotta get back to working but I'll come check in when I get a chance. It's awesome that we still have people on here that are genuinely interested in the data and don't just take people's word for granted. Looking forward to getting back to this

I really want to thank GarlicChicken. I would not at all have figured this out if it were not for his valuable input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

(1) Are these references to 10 and 20 daily or a certain number of days per week?

(2) What happened to your fasting blood glucose?

(3) Were you working out (I ask because you mentioned your hip and surgery)?

(4) Did you run insulin?

(5) Muscle gains?

(6) Water retention on 10 i.u.?

(7) Anything else you can tell us?

I did 10ius every day, no breaks. I have enough to run 20ius everyday for about 3 months (iron gave it a shelf life of about 1 year so im about to pass the "shelf life" hence the reason for considering being extra frivolous)

2. Fasting BG sat mid 80's. Didnt notice a huge change either way...mostly was diet dependent so when I was eating shit for days on end it would raise.

3. Not really. I kept fucking my SI joint up benching (it took us a bit of time to figure out what exactly kept causing it to slip). Was training maybe twice a week for a good 4 of the 7 months (the last 2 months I started working out twice a day since I was going stir crazy from being on medical disability)

4. No.

5. Definitely. My "baseline" body composition seemed to shift for the better. Always sat around 200 at 20% ish...never got fatter or leaner. Now its about 200 at 14% that I stay around without much effort. So roughly 12lbs of lean mass

6. I couldnt even walk at first. My patellar tendons felt like I had yhem smashed with a hammer, my ankles were swollen, my fingers were numb. Cleared up after a week or so from what I remember. Would occassionally get super puffy, then it would disappear

7. In my honest experience, the whole "run gh for a minimum of 6 months to get results" is crap. After 6 weeks at 10ius a day I was seeing changes almost daily. I think people just need to be willing to fork over the cash. Most of the times its "whats the minimum i can run" or "how can i take gh is some weird pattern so that I only need 1 kit per month". Maybe older folks will see quick changes on 2 or 3 ius but I think dudes in their 20s need to be willing to push 3 to 4 times that if they really want to get those crazy mind blowing changes that make peiple consider it the "holy grail"

Alot of stories ive read were people slamming 20ius with slin and just growing without much training. Im not sure how potent the rest of my gh is but I might run with with some novolin r from walmart just to see if there is much truth to it.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Rep Points

That must be a lot of years, heavy iron! They switched the standard from 2.6 to 3 back in 1994! You are officially old! LOL!
    I'm over 50 =)
    www.PharmaComStore.ws
    15% off discount code = ASF

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medication. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity. Do not contact me about sources or advertisers as I know nothing about their business.