• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Question on single-exercise workouts... opinions/advice wanted.

Flipper

I would like a nap.
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
First off, I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm an aging athlete who uses AAS as a way to stay in the game. I am competing against an act of nature, not other athletes.

With that said, my training regimen consists of lots of cardio in the form of rowing or weighted-hiking with lots of vertical climb. I lift almost every day rotating between bench press (different inclines), lat pulldowns (differing bar widths), squats, and deadlifts. I do sets of 6-10 reps of the the one exercise until failure, usually around 20 sets. That's it.

So here's my question, with these single exercise workouts I've achieved a pretty "classic physique" look, so how come body builders use so many different exercises each workout and is there any reason why I should add more exercises, are there muscle groups that I'm totally missing?

6-1
11%

Last edited:
Definition and striation for competition reason. I’m not a bodybuilder either but I incorporate a lot of bodybuilding regimens for the simple fact that it’s less boring and gives me the ability to set little short term goals along the way.

Muscles do not grow while training....they grow when resting/eating/sleeping. Hit them more thoroughly (multiple exercises, multiple angles) and rest them more thoroughly (multiple days off).

First off, I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm an aging athlete who uses AAS as a way to stay in the game. I am competing against an act of nature, not other athletes.

With that said, my training regimen consists of lots of cardio in the form of rowing or weighted-hiking with lots of vertical climb. I lift almost every day rotating between bench press (different inclines), lat pulldowns (differing bar widths), squats, and deadlifts. I do sets of 6-10 reps of the the one exercise until failure, usually around 20 sets. That's it.

So here's my question, with these single exercise workouts I've achieved a pretty "classic physique" look, so how come body builders use so many different exercises each workout and is there any reason why I should add more exercises, are there muscle groups that I'm totally missing?

6-1
11%
There is a lot of answers for this question so I'll try to keep it short.

A lot of the exercise selection is just to specifically target a single or smaller group of muscles. Sometimes it is just targeting areas that are weak points or need a little more growth to even out the physique.

Other times a new stimulus is needed when you plateau on a certain exercise or body part to continue progress.

You can build a great physique with what you're doing though.

Really though, 70% of people training with multiple exercises and different angles and all that stand on your yoga ball doing curls shit shouldn't be. They should be doing exactly what you're doing.

Back