• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Egg Protein Powder vs Whey Protein Powder

lil-bit-slim

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone traded out Whey for Egg Protein? ...I'm wondering if Whey doesn't give me a bit of bloat and if I swapped out for Egg Protein Powder if I might achieve a leaner look.

I doubt there is any difference if you take high quality products. If we look upon industrial proteins (designed for food industry) which are the basis of protein mixtures, then the protein content in whey will be about 82-86%, in egg - more than 90%. If you going to use lactose-free whey proteins, their carbohydrate content will be extremely small and should not be taken into account at all. When comparing whey and egg proteins, the difference in the carbohydrate content is relatively small.

I doubt there is any difference if you take high quality products. If we look upon industrial proteins (designed for food industry) which are the basis of protein mixtures, then the protein content in whey will be about 82-86%, in egg - more than 90%. If you going to use lactose-free whey proteins, their carbohydrate content will be extremely small and should not be taken into account at all. When comparing whey and egg proteins, the difference in the carbohydrate content is relatively small.
Thx,I am agree with u.

I tried them, differences? only the exaggerated cost for those with eggs.
it's not worth it except in special cases.

I prefer to take the egg whites and make pancakes

Whole eggs raw IMO then supplement with whey. Egg powder seems a overkill. Unless someone has digestion issues with whole or raw eggs.

Whey protein contains only a very small amount of lactose. Most individuals with lactose intolerance would be able to consume it but this is individualized. If you experience bloating with whey protein, egg protein could be a good choice.

I might be interested if you had whole egg powder. You can still get it but I haven't seen any major players carrying it. Just make sure you are getting 2.5-3gms of leucine per serving

Back