• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Competing In December

IML Gear Cream!
So that hurts you ?
It fuels me up. Imma get those bitches on their knees next time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Why would it hurt me?

Tell you what: Lets have a little competition, me against you. You post up pics and I will post up pics. I say you look like a joke and would get laughed off the stage.

Why would it hurt me?

Tell you what: Lets have a little competition, me against you. You post up pics and I will post up pics. I say you look like a joke and would get laughed off the stage.
Ofc i will not look as good as you. I started bodybuilding like 3 years back and you look like you have been at it for 2 decades. People start from zero, no one starts from fucking 100. So im on my way, you are already there. If you feel like competing against me, then you have serious insecurities brah.
Nevertheless i will still not shy away from it. Why not. Whats the worse that can happen to me ? People laugh ? Think about what can happen to you losing to a rookie :D
Chill out dude

This thread reeks of the "I've never competed but I could if I wanted to." statements people make.
NOTHING about competing is easy. And it's not hard in the normal ways that you can overcome things that are "hard to do.".
I wasn't exactly fat but started 29 weeks from a show I intend to win. I'm glad I did. I've gotten pretty lean and over five months away. It's really easy to underestimate how hard it will be to get in shape.
One thing to remember in regards to the quality of local shows is that you aren't competing against the other guys. You are competing against yourself. Everything you do prior, determines how you look on stage. Sure, you will be judged against other competitors, but you have zero control of that.
If you "just want to show up and see how things go" or whatever, then you will be wasting not only your time, but pointlessly restricting your life style, family time, add expenses, etc. Not worth it in any way, imo.

If you want to compete, then go for it! But do so with the fervor of training and preparing for the Olympia. If you do it half assed, it will show like a neon sign when you step onstage in front of hundreds of people, all there to look for things that are WRONG with you, not what's good.
Never said anything like I could If i wanted to, more like I want to do this so later on i dont tell myself "i could if i wanted to".

Thank you for the reality check though. I know its going to be hard af. So im mentally preparing myself for the self inflicted torture.

Ofc i will not look as good as you. I started bodybuilding like 3 years back and you look like you have been at it for 2 decades. People start from zero, no one starts from fucking 100. So im on my way, you are already there. If you feel like competing against me, then you have serious insecurities brah.
Nevertheless i will still not shy away from it. Why not. Whats the worse that can happen to me ? People laugh ? Think about what can happen to you losing to a rookie :D
Chill out dude

You are making light of doing one of the hardest things you can ever do. It is a 24/7 never ending job. Lets skip over the years and years (in my case 43) of hard training, eating, discipline (drinking, partying....forget about having that kind of fun) Spartan existence to gain 60 lbs of muscle in the first place. 17 years were natural. After my last contest 24 years ago I got into MMA because it was easier.

Lets look at what my life is like 7 weeks out from a show. For starters, I am sick round the clock. I pretty much want to puke every waking moment and I am tired as fuck. Yet somehow, someway I still train harder than anyone at the gym, a hour and a half of weights (a good chunk of supersets, drop sets, forced reps) followed up by a full hour of cardio.

Everyone stares at me at the gym and everywhere else. You think that you actually will enjoy this attention, but by the time it happens you just want everything to end. You stare at the ground, avoid eye contact, avoid conversation. I got caught up by someone wanting to talk the other day, and it took everything had not to puke in his face.

I get where Procard is coming from. I've seen some of the guys that compete in local shows. A lot of them look like they don't even lift weights, walked in off the street, and slapped on some Pro tan. I would feel insulted if I busted my ass year after year and sacrificed as much as I did to prepare myself for a bodybuilding stage just to have some schmoe standing up on stage next to me at the event. I'm not saying that Raj is that guy, because I haven't seen his pics, but I would suggest not pulling the trigger on a show until you are really ready (physique wise). There are too many guys out there that do shows just to do shows. These guys are nothing but attention whores. You should do a show with the intention of winning that show, nothing less.

You are making light of doing one of the hardest things you can ever do. It is a 24/7 never ending job. Lets skip over the years and years (in my case 43) of hard training, eating, discipline (drinking, partying....forget about having that kind of fun) Spartan existence to gain 60 lbs of muscle in the first place. 17 years were natural. After my last contest 24 years ago I got into MMA because it was easier.

Lets look at what my life is like 7 weeks out from a show. For starters, I am sick round the clock. I pretty much want to puke every waking moment and I am tired as fuck. Yet somehow, someway I still train harder than anyone at the gym, a hour and a half of weights (a good chunk of supersets, drop sets, forced reps) followed up by a full hour of cardio.

Everyone stares at me at the gym and everywhere else. You think that you actually will enjoy this attention, but by the time it happens you just want everything to end. You stare at the ground, avoid eye contact, avoid conversation. I got caught up by someone wanting to talk the other day, and it took everything had not to puke in his face.

Why sick for seven weeks out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get where Procard is coming from. I've seen some of the guys that compete in local shows. A lot of them look like they don't even lift weights, walked in off the street, and slapped on some Pro tan. I would feel insulted if I busted my ass year after year and sacrificed as much as I did to prepare myself for a bodybuilding stage just to have some schmoe standing up on stage next to me at the event. I'm not saying that Raj is that guy, because I haven't seen his pics, but I would suggest not pulling the trigger on a show until you are really ready (physique wise). There are too many guys out there that do shows just to do shows. These guys are nothing but attention whores. You should do a show with the intention of winning that show, nothing less.
Since past 3 years. I have eaten clean 365 days minus the cheat days. I have been at the shittiest possible point of being morbidly obese. Compared to that, i eat everyday like im competing next week.

Now i know where you are coming from, since this sounds like advice rather than trodding me down.
Honestly, i go to a fancy ass fitness center and sometimes a hardcore gym. The time slot im in, im the hardest working guy. Im the biggest looking guy too. Yes i may not be good but im better than most here.
Like someone told me, my competition is not them, its me. So i am going to work my ass off. Aim for the sky.

Now i know where you are coming from, since this sounds like advice rather than trodding me down.
Honestly, i go to a fancy ass fitness center and sometimes a hardcore gym. The time slot im in, im the hardest working guy. Im the biggest looking guy too. Yes i may not be good but im better than most here.
Like someone told me, my competition is not them, its me. So i am going to work my ass off. Aim for the sky.

That makes no sense.

So when are you going to start a log with pics? We do not even know what your starting point is.

So when are you going to start a log with pics? We do not even know what your starting point is.
Probably end of june. Need to score some good gear first. Get all my shit together. Make a plan. Currently its ramadan, so im fastinf.

Probably end of june. Need to score some good gear first. Get all my shit together. Make a plan. Currently its ramadan, so im fastinf.

You should start one as soon as you can. There's a lot of guys on here that can help if you're not going to hire a coach

You should start one as soon as you can. There's a lot of guys on here that can help if you're not going to hire a coach
Thanks man. Thats the kind of support im looking for.

Why sick for seven weeks out?

All the drugs. Remember, I have to take drugs to counteract the side effects of all the drugs. Losarton, Amlodipine, Accutane (nasty shit), AI's, SERMS, Antipsychotics (to keep me from killing everyone....others smoke pot, not an option for me....sleep is also an issue). We have not even started on all the PED'. I love 300 mgs/test w/some mast and anavar and2 iu's of GH. I HATE TREN and the mega doses I am on right now. I am supposed to go shoot 5 cc's of oil right now and I a not looking forward to it. My total is 2.5 grams a week of anabolics alone.

That is not counting GH. 6-7 ius/day which turns me into a Zombie for the next 24 hours.

You went all out. You are aiming for the heaviest catrgory. Life is easier
(Relatively) on classic category. I dont even think that open category is worth risking life.
All the drugs. Remember, I have to take drugs to counteract the side effects of all the drugs. Losarton, Amlodipine, Accutane (nasty shit), AI's, SERMS, Antipsychotics (to keep me from killing everyone....others smoke pot, not an option for me....sleep is also an issue). We have not even started on all the PED'. I love 300 mgs/test w/some mast and anavar and2 iu's of GH. I HATE TREN and the mega doses I am on right now. I am supposed to go shoot 5 cc's of oil right now and I a not looking forward to it. My total is 2.5 grams a week of anabolics alone.

That is not counting GH. 6-7 ius/day which turns me into a Zombie for the next 24 hours.

Do you think it is generally similar for others on your level?

Do you think it is generally similar for others on your level?

Drug intake? Yes, although most of the guys I have worked with are much younger than me. I prepped a 42 year old and he used 3-4 grams /week and did not train as hard as I do. I come from the 80's-90's where hard training was much more of an emphasis. The problem with the drugs is my age. When I was younger I could handle them.

I started my prep thinking I would not need a lot of gear to compete in the 50 and older class. Then I got the idea of going to nationals to get a pro card. I looked at the top 5 and realized I needed to go all out and now I want to puke, LOL.

I have a serious mental disorder, a normal person would never do this shit. Competitive Bodybuilding is for nut cases.

However, when they call the name of the person in 2nd, the crowd goes wild and you are the last man standing, that is a pretty fucking amazing feeling.

Last edited:
You went all out. You are aiming for the heaviest catrgory. Life is easier
(Relatively) on classic category. I dont even think that open category is worth risking life.

Here is what I was taught. "Rule number 1 one in bodybuilding: You must be willing to die, cease metabolism, disappear from the Earth....then, and only then can you even begin to think about a show!" That came directly from an IFBB pro.

Dang, suddenly I am feeling better....off to train legs!

IML Gear Cream!
Getting on and staying on, will probably get me to trt for life. Is compeitition really that harsh a trade off ? What about the physique class. Even for that ?

Get a coach.

sticking to your diet is what will make the biggest difference. That’s just my opinion looking from the outside watching someone prepare for a show.

Back