• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

ART Topic General Health with AAS 5/29

Montego

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
This week's topic will be focused on general health to those who use AAS.

Things like OTC/Prescription supplements and medications that you believe help mitigate or prevent health issues from AAS As well as, diet and cardio implementation.

It would be nice to know how our vets typically come off or what they won't use at certain times to promote health as well. This will touch on the Cruise topic we had before but, it works well here too.

@skipfoursome @sherk @heavyiron @REHH @tren2k14 @Oldschool @jerseydevil @toureagv8 @vision @ldog

Pretty basic for me. I take a low dose aspirin and 10mg of Tada everyday. I used to take a shit load of OTC supps but found over time they had no positive affect on anything. All they did was lighten my wallet.

Monitor blood pressure frequently
Regular blood donations
Blood work 1-2x per year

Pretty basic for me. I take a low dose aspirin and 10mg of Tada everyday. I used to take a shit load of OTC supps but found over time they had no positive affect on anything. All they did was lighten my wallet.

Regular blood donations
Blood work 1-2x per year
Cardio? Time off? Any regular physicals? I know nobody is going in saying "Hey Dr I'm on a gram of test what cha think?" but is that something you yourself do?

Regular blood donations
Blood work 1-2x per year

How often a year is regular for you as far as blood donations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardio? Time off? Any regular physicals? I know nobody is going in saying "Hey Dr I'm on a gram of test what cha think?" but is that something you yourself do?

Cardio? Not regularly
Time off gear? If you consider a cruise time off, then yes. I drop down to a cruise dose of just test (175mg - 400mg/wk) 1-2x per year for maybe a cumulative total of 8 weeks.
Regular physicals? No, nothing routine. I monitor my own bloodwork and if I see anything out of range that's not directly in my scope of control then I would consult a doctor. I relocated to a new state recently so I have not informed my new doctor that I take AAS yet. He is an NPC physique guy so I'm sure he knows already. I have always made it a point to tell my doctors that I take AAS and have never had it come back to bite me in the ass.

Health concerns become more important as you get older because you begin to recognize that old age isn't something far off in the future. ITS NOW! LOL

For me its TRT.
Blood pressure must be below 120/80
Cholesterol (LDL) must be lower than 130.

I can easily do that with 30 min of moderate intensity cardio (40-60% HRR) daily and 30min of weight training. Proper diet helps keep my weight in check.

I can still maintain good size and feel good with this routine.

Health concerns become more important as you get older because you begin to recognize that old age isn't something far off in the future. ITS NOW! LOL

For me its TRT.
Blood pressure must be below 120/80
Cholesterol (LDL) must be lower than 130.

I can easily do that with 30 min of moderate intensity cardio (40-60% HRR) daily and 30min of weight training. Proper diet helps keep my weight in check.

I can still maintain good size and feel good with this routine.
Any otc supplements you take/recommend?

Assuming diet is targeting "most" micro nutrients. But let's be honest here, very few are.

If, you were going to recommend simple otc's for the regular bro eating chicken and rice. What would you advise.

Diet cant be your answer

my doc had me on 300 hcg daily, but everytime I tried to run it in the second week I'd start getting headaches. I told him I think it was the HCG cause 3 times I dropped it and everytime I started back up by the second week I was having headaches. I hate when doctors dont take me seriously so I got a new doctor

I don't take any supplements.
I have in the past taken vitamins but saw no benefit and my doctor agreed.

IML Gear Cream!
I think the #1 concern with AAS use is maintaining healthy blood pressure. First thing I recommend is cardio, next is OTC supplements and 1st on that list is Mukta Vati. If those aren't working don't hesitate to go to a dr and get a prescription. Monitor your blood pressure frequently. Get bloodwork at least twice a year. Check liver, kidneys, cholesterol. You should go off or cruise with a trt dose for at least 8wks twice a year. Keep LDL cholesterol in range, get a prescription if you need it.

This is a tough one to answer and I do not have anything ground breaking to add to the discussion.

One thing that always contributes to good health markers is less abuse.

Shorter runs of AAS, exclude oral AAS, lower dose cycles and I think you will better lab reports.

Recently my health markers have been great with exception of cholesterol.

Cholesterol has not looked good on the last 3 quarterly reports I have had done. I am somewhat at a loss what to do but I have a few ideas I am going to try to improve this number.

Cardio is good, any cardio, but riding a stationary bike or an elliptical is not the type of cardio that really makes a difference in my health markers. I need to go outside and put in an hour or two, three times a week to really gain any benefits especially with cholesterol levels.

As to supplements my daily dose is:

Vitamin C-2 grams
Vitamin D3-6000 ius
Vitamin E-400 ius
Calcium-2400 mg
CoQ10- I forgot daily dose

I take D3 and calcium to combat the minor case of bone density I am dealing with in my hips and femurs. Doctor told me AAS can have a detrimental effect on bone density.

Drugs:
Losartan 50mg

I am also on CPAP therapy which is not uncommon for guys that use AAS.

When I was cycling I got routine check ups with blood work through my old dr. He knew I was cycling and kept an eye on things with me. I also have a bp monitor. I also used a couple otc products I learned about when I was hospitalized with a liver issue from over doing it on oral aas alongside kratom. Unfortunately I’m sensitive to kratom but can eat 20 pain killers in a day and be fine. But that’s all in my past. Now days it’s strictly test and I might throw an oral in here and there. And of course GH ;)

These are my beliefs and my two cents.

The number 1 thing that I do is get bloodwork every 3 months. Bloodwork is gold and dictates everything I do.
I try to minimize use of AI's unless absolutely necessary. My personal opinion is that they can be more dangerous than some AAS.
I try to eat as much organic food as possible and keep a fairly clean diet.
Low impact cardio is perfect
Quality Fish Oil
I never used PCT. I think it's extremely harmful to play the merry go round game with your hormones.
If someone is going to man up and play this AAS game then it's a long term/life investment. I don't like cycles...blast and cruise is the way.
Last but not least, I don't drink alcohol or use drugs. For those who drink and use rec drugs while using AAS....your asking for trouble.

❤️
L

For cholesterol control moderate (40-59% HRR) 150 min per week or vigorous (60-89%) 75 min per week is the minimum RX for a healthy person. Lesser intensities are beneficial but the higher intensities are superior. If anyone wants to know how to calculate heart rate reserve (HRR) post up and I can detail it.

I’m really no expert on long term health with AAS usage as I’m still pretty young. Have around 3 years combined cycle time.

But I really feel diet plays a huge roll in overall health while taking AAS.

Never really had problems controlling blood pressure while on cycle as I’ve always eaten clean. Until I started this recent cycle. A few weeks into a test e cycle right now and blood pressure hovers around 145/100.

The difference this time? My diet... It’s been absolutely awful.

So my #1 keep healthy tip for future cycles will be EAT CLEAN!

Back