Air Scrubber

Thread: Air Scrubber

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Air Scrubber

I was just wondering if this unit would be efficient enough for a small room say the size of a bedroom. Bluedri air shield AS-550? Found this one on eBay for about 600$. Using something smaller like this is more practical for me but only if it will work good enough. If I need to go a different route I will if I have too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Which would be better building a laminar hood or using an air scrubber? Could you get by with just an air scrubber? Thanks for the help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

It amazes me that 59 people have read this post but not one person has had a reply. I realize, I am new here but itís not like I am asking for sources. I came here cause of all the good information and help people give. I canít believe no one is willing to answer a question of this nature.

Retirement is boring.

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Rep Points

People here are jaded, including me. Lots of douchebags coming on here with fake accounts. I generally don't answer someone under a month or two old.

But here you go....

Air scrubbers are for clean rooms. Clean rooms that have laminar flow workbenches.

If you have $600 to spend, buy one of those new Chinese ones on eBay or if you are patient, a pro used one. If you only need 2'-3' work area, those are easier to buy, less demand.
    "Don't ask me if I take steroids and I won't tell you that you look like shit."

EL PUFFO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

No scrubber is going to make a room sterile if the room isn't designed to be sterile from the ground up. Just build or buy a proper biosafety cabinet.

There are a dozen threads just like this one - all the info is on here, just waiting for new people to search and read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I apprcecitae the replies. I figured it would be best to have both. I understand where you are coming from with the fake accounts and new people. I need to contact an admin cause I was a member here for many years under the name vaeltaire but I have changed emails and the one I had associated with the account is deactivated so I canít change my password which lead me to creating a new account. I have technically been a member since like 09.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

[QUOTE=Stevens1231;1396072]I apprcecitae the replies. I figured it would be best to have both. I understand where you are coming from with the fake accounts and new people.

Old

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts
    Rep Points

4x8 plywood, one fan, caulk, something lessporous for a work surface, jigsaw, screw driver/drill, coarse drywall screws, paint, $75 hepa filter, 1 light switch, one box, and 6 hours in incremements= your very own laminar flowhood. The tricky part is matching your filter to your fan, but itís straightforward and a speed control for the fan makes it easier. $350 total.