• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training for Basic/RASP

Diesel618

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I will be enlisting early in the fall and shipping off for basic and my contract includes RASP so it will be physically demanding and my training will change quite a bit from the hypertrophy stuff I've been doing for a decade. Will be more calisthenics and cardio.

AAS will be minimal. I have a few vials of cut stack I'll he finishing then an aggressive PCT protocol before I ship.

Anyways. Today will be a 5 mile run and a push-up/situp ladder. So 40/40, 30/30, 20/20, 10/10.

I expect to lose quite a bit of size and strength but overall fitness should increase dramatically.

Starting weight: 225ish
BF: 14% according to the handheld device at work where I train

I'll get a starting mile, 2 mile, and 5 mile time this week as I have no clue where I'm at there.

I'll try to keep my strength up as much as possible. Starting strength numbers on my top set recently:
Incline: 275x8
Squat: 335x8
Dead: 495x6
Seated OH: 205x8

Snapchat-1200994673.jpgFB_IMG_1526826238698.jpg

Last edited:
Do you normally pct after every cycle? This is what I would be worried about and not trying to cut before basic. Ft banning ga is hot as fuck and you will be running your ass off with limited food . Basic is easy but just be ready to run and as far as the ranger bats those guys are running five minute miles .

To preface this, I was never in the military.

A few things come to mind...... Tren probably wouldn't be in my list of compounds to use when building endurance....

I would also recommend a plan where pct ends quite a ways out from shipping off..... If not, you may be in a place where you just get worse and worse performance wise as you go through your training. I'm sure that will happen anyways but, it will be worse with hormones still trying to regulate.

If I was going to do this I would keep things relatively simple. My training would switch to lower rep ranges so you won't sacrifice strength as much. Explosive movements like the big 3 along with something like power cleans and weighted Pullups/I can't believe I'm gonna say it, kips. This will tax the cns which is really where strength comes from mainly.

I would still add in your endurance training but, separate the two types of training as much as I could.

Drug wise, I wouldn't run anything besides test and GW50156. GW is the best thing I've ever used in terms of endurance.

Specificity: in other words, train for exactly what you will doing in basic: lots of pushups, running, hiking w/weighted pack, crawling, arms overhead.... it's all about endurance.
Good luck!

To preface this, I was never in the military.

A few things come to mind...... Tren probably wouldn't be in my list of compounds to use when building endurance....

I would also recommend a plan where pct ends quite a ways out from shipping off..... If not, you may be in a place where you just get worse and worse performance wise as you go through your training. I'm sure that will happen anyways but, it will be worse with hormones still trying to regulate.

If I was going to do this I would keep things relatively simple. My training would switch to lower rep ranges so you won't sacrifice strength as much. Explosive movements like the big 3 along with something like power cleans and weighted Pullups/I can't believe I'm gonna say it, kips. This will tax the cns which is really where strength comes from mainly.

I would still add in your endurance training but, separate the two types of training as much as I could.

Drug wise, I wouldn't run anything besides test and GW50156. GW is the best thing I've ever used in terms of endurance.

I was, and I think this is right on key. I'd definitely drop the tren, it's going to really hinder your cardiovascular output and shut you down hard. Start PCT as far out as you can, because you need full recovery when you go in. The endurance training along with lack of sleep and shitty nutrition are going to be hard enough on your testosterone production, the last thing you want is a partially recovered hpta going in. That'll have you in a world of hurt by the time you get to rasp.

Train for tons of endurance. Buy yourself a rucksack, start with 50lbs and start humping it. Increase your distance traveled, speed, and load incrementally until you can carry 100lbs for 20k easily at the fastest pace you can stride without running. That in itself will put you light-years ahead of the rest of the pack. That and running.

The rest is using your head and not being a dumbass. The physical training will really do you good though

BF: 14% according to the handheld device at work where I train

Like an Omron or something? Those things are notoriously off. Even when you put it in "athlete" mode. Don't get me wrong, they're handy to know when you are "heading in the right direction" weight wise...kind of like a scale that is always 5 pounds heavy. Anyway, I'd guess you were significantly less from pics...maybe 10-11% range?

Good luck with your training and thanks for your service.

You're already lower than 14%.

I am going to make a suggestion you will not like - go off the gear and drop weight. Not just fat, but weight. Cut your calories down. Start in hard on endurance exercise. Get your mind ready for the "never quit" mentality. If you want to be a Ranger, extra muscle is not a method of getting there. Indeed, it is just going to be extra body weight slowing you down, dragging you down, and sapping your will to continue.

Decide what is important. Looking muscular for the chicks on the beach or being a Ranger, and then adopt the best path for what is your goal. Extra body weight, even in the form of muscle, is a hindrance, not a help, to becoming a Ranger.

Get off the gear and get to work.

I appreciate all the input brothers. I made up my mind to go through with the challenge so I ought to be willing to do what it takes. I'll stop pinning and start PCT in a week or so. I ran a 5:25 1600 in high school about 50 pounds ago. We'll see if I can get back there lol

I appreciate all the input brothers. I made up my mind to go through with the challenge so I ought to be willing to do what it takes. I'll stop pinning and start PCT in a week or so. I ran a 5:25 1600 in high school about 50 pounds ago. We'll see if I can get back there lol
I think that's a really good idea. Start hitting that endurance hard, you're gonna need it!

And start training your mind. Sticking it out when they are making you not want to stick it out is the key to success. They try hard to get rid of the folks who do not really, really want to be there. The thinking is that if you can't persist and keep functioning in training, what is going to happen on a real mission?

You need to develop a never-quit attitude that is there above all when the going gets tough, and it will get tough. They make sure of that.

IML Gear Cream!
Keep us updated on how it is going. I know it will be mentally difficult to update us as you get smaller, but none of us (well, most of us) are Rangers, either, and this is something you will be able to say for life.

A) I had some big muscles when I was younger, grandson.

OR​

B) You grandpa was an Army Ranger, grandson. Did I ever tell you about the time your grandad went in country to . . .​

Ldog was force recon he would be the one to talk to about what to expect

I worked with the Rangers for three years if you have any questions as well to get you ready

Back