• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

ART Topic "Cruising" 5/14

IML Gear Cream!
@toureagv8
@REHH
@skipfoursome
@sherk
@heavyiron
@jerseydevil
@tren2k14
Ohhh, I deeply apologize, I thought I was one of the eligible ones to answer questions and discuss topics at hand.. I completely misunderstood.. My bad brutha! I can be knuckle headed at times...:stupid:

Pretty sure you're in the list Vision. I think Monte was just trying to get guys to answer who hadn't yet.

Copied below from original thread:

Current Vets who can answer questions -

Tren2k14
REHH
Oldschool
Bcj
Swiper
ToureagV8
Skip
Tommy
Sherk
Jersey
Vision
Heavyiron
Farva
Ldog

Oh you definitely are lol. I was just noticing the less active
Ohhh, I deeply apologize, I thought I was one of the eligible ones to answer questions and discuss topics at hand.. I completely misunderstood.. My bad brutha! I can be knuckle headed at times...:stupid:

Oh you definitely are lol. I was just noticing the less active

Ohhhhhhhh... Again I'm a fucking knucklehead... I always find a way to prove that I'm a knucklehead one way or another

So what is everyone's opinion on how long to cruise? Do you typically take as much time "off" as you were on?

Anyone use Deca in the cruise stack? Good thread. Thanks.

My cruise.

First off, I want to address the fact of what a cruise is supposed to be.

A cruise is supposed to be a time to give your body a break from all the shit we put into it not only AAS wise but, peptides, research chems and to an extent, food.

I've cruised with multiple compounds before but there was a reason beyond keeping gains typically and I would only suggest a couple things to run along with a cruise dose of test IF you need them.

A cruise dose...... This is where it gets fun. Some guys say 100mg, some say 500mg. Let's just put it this way, in my opinion, a cruise dose of test would be a dose that puts you in the normal range up to 1200ng/dl. That's plenty of test for your average guy to maintain size on if, everything is right diet and training wise.

Things I would consider adding. Deca, Proviron and Masterton. That's it. Nope. Nothing else. These things have uses IF you need them. 100-150mg Deca for joints. 50-75mg Proviron to free up some test and increase libido and sense of well being. 150-200mg Mast for the same reasons.

Tren, orals, EQ. Nope. Why? You're trying to give your body a break and get blood levels back to normal. These things are NOT going to help you do that and, will do the exact opposite.

I like to come off gh as well during these times typically unless, I'm early into a gh run. I'll use MK677 for the cruise since it does a wonderful job at keeping you full like gh does but gives you a chance to clean out any anti bodies you may have accumulated during your gh run. The only down side would be glucose levels. You may continue to have issues with high blood glucose and if so, stop the mk or, run something like Berberine to help until you do come off.

Bloodwork, bloodwork, bloodwork. Check your damn bloods. If they are not in GOOD range before you have scheduled your next blast, don't fucking blast yet. If you're giving yourself adequate time during your cruise at least 8-12 weeks, and bloods are not in good order you need more time. Plain and simple.

Training. I try to keep training the same but it will depend on the type of training you do. You will need more rest most likely or, a little less volume. I would not sacrifice the weight I was moving though. You must keep the weights heavy imo instead of going into "cruise mode" with your training like a lot of guys do when hormones come down or, they start a cut. Dance with who brought you.

Food changes a lot for myself too. I usually bring carbs down and push fats up. I'm not going to grow a ton during a cruise but I do want to keep what I gained so, carbs come only around training. I'll also increase fermented foods to help with gut health since I'm trying to get ready for my next feeding blast as well.

This excludes guys who compete somewhat even though I believe coming way down on AAS at certain points is needed even for them. Downregulation is a topic that not many agree on but, I have personally seen guys who have been on a long time, come down to a very small dose, maintain quite a bit of size and then make tremendous progress when they go back on. I'll go into that more if someone asks but the majority here don't qualify for that discussion.
See above quote

So what is everyone's opinion on how long to cruise? Do you typically take as much time "off" as you were on?

Time on equals time off is geared more for cycling to allow HPTA recovery but not a bad idea to do for blast n cruise too. I like to do at least 8wks but it varies between 4-12wks.

Last edited:

Yeah i do, 100-200mg. I hold onto the most weight when cruising with deca compared to other compounds.

My answer has and will always be....bloodwork is gold...let it dictate how you manage your health. For guys that stay on year round....add a yearly EKG and calcium plaque scan.

Get Shredded!
Really enjoying all of the info in this thread. Love that it has not become a free for all, but a place for knowledgeable and reputable people to contribute.

Currently on my first "cruise" cycle and about to get 5 week bloodwork Wednesday. Looking to cruise for only 10-weeks.

Any tips for how many blasts to do per year?

How long to blast? I know some people tend to do many short blasts per year vs. longer blasts.

What have you found works best?
Is it person specific?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Really enjoying all of the info in this thread. Love that it has not become a free for all, but a place for knowledgeable and reputable people to contribute.

Currently on my first "cruise" cycle and about to get 5 week bloodwork Wednesday. Looking to cruise for only 10-weeks.

Any tips for how many blasts to do per year?

How long to blast? I know some people tend to do many short blasts per year vs. longer blasts.

What have you found works best?
Is it person specific?

It all depends on bloods and how you feel kinda..... Sorta.

I typically recommend to cruise at least the same amount of time you were on.

Say you run a sixteen week cycle of test and EQ. You have bloods at the end and hematocrit and such are shot. You wait six weeks, go back and get bloods and they're "in range". That's usually when guys think "blast off!".

Hold your horses captain rocket ship. What were the values before you started cycle? Are they back there yet? If not you need more time. Even if they are, do you really think your body has normalized? Probably not.

"in range" isn't going to be the same for everyone so you need to know what your range is.

So, 2 cycles a year or so. Maybe 3 if you're running shorter blasts, not abusing the fuck out of orals and high doses of more toxic compounds like tren.

Dammit I want to ask questions on some of these threads. Maybe since it’s Monte’s thing I can PM him my questions and he can decide whether they are worthless garbage or not? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dammit I want to ask questions on some of these threads. Maybe since it’s Monte’s thing I can PM him my questions and he can decide whether they are worthless garbage or not? :)

Ask away!

It all depends on bloods and how you feel kinda..... Sorta.

I typically recommend to cruise at least the same amount of time you were on.

Say you run a sixteen week cycle of test and EQ. You have bloods at the end and hematocrit and such are shot. You wait six weeks, go back and get bloods and they're "in range". That's usually when guys think "blast off!".

Hold your horses captain rocket ship. What were the values before you started cycle? Are they back there yet? If not you need more time. Even if they are, do you really think your body has normalized? Probably not.

"in range" isn't going to be the same for everyone so you need to know what your range is.

So, 2 cycles a year or so. Maybe 3 if you're running shorter blasts, not abusing the fuck out of orals and high doses of more toxic compounds like tren.
Since my "thanks" is still broken.

Thank you. I have my pre-cycle bloods and end of cycle bloods. Getting blood work Tuesday at week 5 1/2 on cruise dose. Going to compare all my numbers and try to put things together to see when I should blast again. I still have a lot of reading on NPP and EQ, and Winny before that blast so I'm in no rush. I also need to drop more body fat so I can utilize the next blast for a lean mass bulk.

ART Topic "Cruising" 5/14

Ask away!

So we have two basic philosophies regarding the term “cruise” as we use it here. Most seem to mean basically a minorly tweaked version of TRT protocol.

However, for those that work with and around people that actually compete at a high level, the term seems to mean whatever level AAS use they never drop below in order to maintain an extremely unnatural size.

This often means more compounds and more total weight than many beginner- or mid-level cycles or “blasts”.

I often see conversations get derailed because one guys cruise is another guys blast and someone often wants to argue the point.

***Is the purpose of this thread to clarify the proper use of the term cruise here on this board?***

I’d like to see the term used consistently to mean what is practical for most members and most advice that gets tossed around and then when T2K is talking he can say “pro-style cruise” or some shit like that lol.

Anything to avoid some of the same BS arguments on every “help me plan my next cycle” thread lol.

So we have two basic philosophies regarding the term “cruise” as we use it here. Most seem to mean basically a minorly tweaked version of TRT protocol.

However, for those that work with and around people that actually compete at a high level, the term seems to mean whatever level AAS use they never drop below in order to maintain an extremely unnatural size.

This often means more compounds and more total weight than many beginner- or mid-level cycles or “blasts”.

I often see conversations get derailed because one guys cruise is another guys blast and someone often wants to argue the point.

***Is the purpose of this thread to clarify the proper use of the term cruise here on this board?***

I’d like to see the term used consistently to mean what is practical for most members and most advice that gets tossed around and then when T2K is talking he can say “pro-style cruise” or some shit like that lol.

Anything to avoid some of the same BS arguments on every “help me plan my next cycle” thread lol.

Awesome post.

I think this thread could definitely help with that discussion.

My definition of a cruise is -

Using the minimum amount of AAS to preserve as much muscle as possible while still recovering health markers and letting the body recover.

Most others defenition - 250-300mg of test

Pretty big difference here and a ton of variables.

A guy like T2K can't maintain his size, and it's very hard for me too, and he's got me by about twenty lbs, on 300mg of test.

For his goal of turning pro, he can't afford to go backwards but, he still needs ability to recover or, not get to a point where he NEEDS a break. I don't want to speak for him so I won't go into what I think he does anymore then that. Hopefully he'll pop in.

Myself it's a tough row to hoe on just 300mg test and I even add low dose Deca but, that's mostly for joints.

Now guys think cruise should be trt. But trt isn't fucking 250mg of test a week either.

So I don't think it'll ever get fully sorted because no matter what One guy posts about what he's doing and why, someone will always disagree.

Awesome post.

I think this thread could definitely help with that discussion.

My definition of a cruise is -

Using the minimum amount of AAS to preserve as much muscle as possible while still recovering health markers and letting the body recover.

Most others defenition - 250-300mg of test

Pretty big difference here and a ton of variables.

A guy like T2K can't maintain his size, and it's very hard for me too, and he's got me by about twenty lbs, on 300mg of test.

For his goal of turning pro, he can't afford to go backwards but, he still needs ability to recover or, not get to a point where he NEEDS a break. I don't want to speak for him so I won't go into what I think he does anymore then that. Hopefully he'll pop in.

Myself it's a tough row to hoe on just 300mg test and I even add low dose Deca but, that's mostly for joints.

Now guys think cruise should be trt. But trt isn't fucking 250mg of test a week either.

So I don't think it'll ever get fully sorted because no matter what One guy posts about what he's doing and why, someone will always disagree.

I totally agree with the last statement.. in my opinion it's just boiling down to a phrase or a reference for that matter.. when I use the phrase TRT I'm using it very loosely and I'm referring to lower end dosages, not necessarily therapeutic dosages.. is there a difference between the both? There is huge differences, but anymore it's like swimming against the tide so people for the most part know what you mean when you refer to cruise/TRT.. it's been sticking, so people are going to use.

Back