• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Keto and Mood!

Trishna

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi there,
Is there anyone who is on Keto diet, how are your moods compared to before starting Keto (excluding transition period).
Please share your experience.

Im actually just starting one to see how it will effect my HDL and LDL. Lowering Carbs I understand will help triglycerides

Whenever I go keto, about day 3-4 I want kill everyone. It wears off after a day or two though. I really have to keep reminding myself it is just me and body changes, and not reality though.

My mood doesn't seem to change much, but I do get lethargic which makes me in a kinda crappy mood

After going through the initial ketosis phase, I personally feel better. The hard part is not giving into temptations. Everyone else is enjoying all these delicious carbs, but in the end when all the fat starts dropping off, its definitely worth it.

It gets a little irritating when I have dreams about eating cookies, I've been in keto for almost a week and I'm getting slightly irritable. Might just be the tren tho 😅

After the initial couple of days of having your body grow accustomed to using fat for energy I'm actually in a better mood. Getting blood work done tomorrow actually to see how it's effecting my system and what not but been getting great results.

Maybe first few days I feel uncomfortable on keto,after my mood became much better.I go into every diet very fast because feel and listen to my body well.

I think it has more to do with your inherent personality.
I am a laid back guy, tren/keto/test. They all dont really make my fuse short. What tren does is, I am slightly intolerant to persistent annoyance or if someone deliberately nags me constantly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
After going through the initial ketosis phase, I personally feel better. The hard part is not giving into temptations. Everyone else is enjoying all these delicious carbs, but in the end when all the fat starts dropping off, its definitely worth it.
Bro keto is not a magic diet. Unless you have insulin resistance. You lose weight equally on a carb diet or a keto diet. It boils down to calories and very slightly on meal timings as long as you are having enough protein. So i don't see any pointin doing keto besides just a change of routine.
Enjoy life, carbs taste so good :D

Last edited:
Bro keto is not a magic diet. Unless you have insulin resistance. You lose weight equally on a carb diet or a keto diet. It boils down to calories and very slightly on meal timings as long as you are having enough protein. So i don't see any pointin doing keto besides just a change of routine.
Enjoy life, carbs taste so good :D

Thanks Raj, I appreciate your input and i agree, Carbs are tasty. However, I didnt say keto was a magic diet. When i was trying to lean up and cut fat, the keto diet was what worked for me. I know several people on this forum alone that promote the keto diet for cutting. In the end, people have different goals, different genetics and what might work for some, doesnt work for others. Anyways, I hope you have success with your lean bulk and contest prep you're doing.

It is very effective way to diet. High protein , moderate healthy fats / no carbs. Once a week have a refeed meal with 100-200g carbs then back to no carbs all week again. Less mood swings and highs and lows on keto then carb cycling in my experience

Type 2 diabetes here and been doing intermittent fasting and keto and in less then 1 month I’ve lost 20lbs stop taking insulin and my sugars has been amazing... keto for life...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any time I eat a higher fat higher protein diet I'm fine. One thing I dislike going without the most is meat. Carbohydrates aren't a problem.

For me mood and energy was more stable than fluctuating carbs. With changes in carbs I’d have highs and lows and get lethargic but the fats in the Leto diet kept me more stable in terms of energy and hunger

Mee here. Yess I am on Keto diet and believe my the day when I started Keto I was full of energy and so pumped up like "Yeah I am Keto and I will lose weight". But when the second day of keto started, I was so aggressive, so irritated and I was feeling so dizzy. That's because all of the sudden you stop eating what your brain and your body was habitual to process like sugar, fiber, etc. But as you move on with it, as your willpower grows and you get normal with the diet, you get better and better. You actually find that balance in your diet and you get Okay with it.

Back