• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Going for my IFBB card this year! Thoughts?

doubletap

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hypothetical of course;

Ok after 38 years of training I will be making my first attempt for my Masters IFBB Pro card this year in Pittsburgh in July. I am 14 weeks out but decided to do a local show 5 weeks from now. NPC changed the rules in the Masters division. Even though I qualified last year for the Nationals I have to participate in a local NPC event prior to going to Pittsburgh. Don't have to place, I can come in last, it doesn't matter just as long as I participate. Well I am not the guy going in half-ass. I busting my ass to loose 12 pounds of fat in 5 weeks. Anyway thought I would share my prep for any ideas or suggestions.

Basically (not all inclusive) Typical starting out with long esters and switching to short 6 to 8 weeks out.
300-500mg Test EW
Tren 75mg ED
Mast 100mg ED
Primo 400mg EW

4 weeks out
Winn 100mg ED
Anavar 40mg ED
3 weeks out add Halo 20mg ED

Thoughts?

I would add clen and T3 to speed the process.
I am interested in this new rule as I hope to qualify in October and do the Old Man Nationals July '19.

Doing Clen at 60mcg a day at this time.
Was advised of the new rule last week. It through a wrench in my whole game plan. Was taking it nice and slow prep. Way ahead of schedule and now see myself playing catch-up. Good thing is I got 10 weeks after the local show to regroup. No big deal but wasn't the game plan.

Any current pics brother?

Wait so Masters dont need to qualify to compete in PA anymore? So you just do a local show to get one NPC contest under the belt for the season and then you can automatically head to PA for Nationals? I believe there its still top 2 in each class and overall for the pro card. Is that right?
Thanks

Good luck with masters nationals........ Harder then the open to take a card usually.

My favorite low profile "bro" on any forum right here :kiss:

Subbed for sure. You will get that pro card!!

Thanks guys. Bundy I believe you are correct. That is how it was explained to me. I will see about some pics to post. Not big into taking pictures, never was. I believe Jersey was the last to post one of last years competition.

Are you in the 50 and older group? The 40 and over group is really, really tough. I am in a similar boat, I am in the 50 and over. I should dominate the local comp (although you never know who will show up) but there are 3 or 4 guys at nationals who are really really good. People think I have a shot.

I am having trouble with tren at my age , so I am dropping it. I am bumping my test up to 750. 24 years ago I won a nat qualifier and back then I ran 1.5 grams of test. At my age 750 is probably the safe limit. I am also going to use a ton of primo, injectable and oral.

If you need some help with diet or anything Shoot me a message. Good luck in your competition !

Thanks guys for the suggestions, offers and private messages. Your suggestion got me to alter a thing or two. Yes, I will be entering the over 40 and 50s. Been doing pretty well in the 40 division so I will continue. Weight is coming down fast. Cardio twice a day and training. High protein (300g), low carb (150g) and (low fat 30 to 40g) seems to be doing it.

Be THANKS to Jersey! He knows why.

Btw

Pretty sure I recognize your screen name and if it's who I think, legit competitor without a doubt.

Hypothetical of course;

Ok after 38 years of training I will be making my first attempt for my Masters IFBB Pro card this year in Pittsburgh in July. I am 14 weeks out but decided to do a local show 5 weeks from now. NPC changed the rules in the Masters division. Even though I qualified last year for the Nationals I have to participate in a local NPC event prior to going to Pittsburgh. Don't have to place, I can come in last, it doesn't matter just as long as I participate. Well I am not the guy going in half-ass. I busting my ass to loose 12 pounds of fat in 5 weeks. Anyway thought I would share my prep for any ideas or suggestions.

Basically (not all inclusive) Typical starting out with long esters and switching to short 6 to 8 weeks out.
300-500mg Test EW
Tren 75mg ED
Mast 100mg ED
Primo 400mg EW

4 weeks out
Winn 100mg ED
Anavar 40mg ED
3 weeks out add Halo 20mg ED

Thoughts?

I would drop the halo this might sound crazy but my coach had me try this and it worked great. I run drol up to the show the other compounds are going to have you extremely dry the drol doest add any water but it will make you super full. Ill be at your show. Did u do the philly show? My last show i ran
Test p 500mgs pw
Tren a 700mgs pw
Mast p 600mgs pw
Clen,t3 and gh i was dry as shit but i was losing my fullness so i spoke to a few coaches and pros and was told they run drol for the last 3 to 4 weeks u shouldn't add water if everthing else is on point. I was skeptical but i was dry as a done but kept extremely full. I would drop either the winny or halo u should be dry enough from the tren and msst . i ran close to the same cycle but had clen t3 and gh. I looked great but lost a lot of my fullness but i tried the drol and it was on point. Dry as a bone but extremely full wifh no bloat at all now if i go on stage drol js part of my protocol. It was amazing. I was very skeptical but after talking to a few pros and my coach i ran with it the mast tren clen and t3 i was on point just not as full as i wanted. After talkkng to a lot of competition that was doing the arnold they made it known that its common. Tbol can also can help but the drol was perfect. Just a thought.

I would drop the Primo and the orals are too high at the end but if you want to PM me I can help with more specifics.

Agree with above orals are a little high , id drop the var if running winstrol.

Personally I’ll run winstrol 50mg last 5 weeks , at 2 weeks out I’ll up to 100mg and add in the halo. Even that amount is high on orals but it’s a short period of time and I make sure to take my support supps like tudca.

Heavy has good experience and knowledge with cycles.

Back