Milehigh Kratom

Need some help....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts
    Rep Points

I think you will be very pleased Hex House.!!

I mix mine in my shaker with room temp. water for my normal dosing and recently been using G2 Gatorade to drink a small dose.

There is some evidence out there that orange juice and grapefruit juice release more alkaloids from the Kratom. (Something similar to that) so its supposed to enhance the potency a little bit with the release of these extra alkaloids.

All the advice given by these guys seems to be spot on man. You're in good hands for sure.!! When u first start 2-3 grams is a nice starting point. I still use my digital scale with a small Dixie cup to measure just to be precise. I know others though that just use the scooper once they have doses turned in.
    Enjoy man and let everyone know how you like it.!! Very glad to see you're trying kratom before any RX meds man.!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for all the help and advice. I think it arrives tomorrow (Friday), so Iíll be anxious to give it a try. Iíll post on dose and effects. If this stuff helps, Iíll be a happy dude!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points

So I got my bag of red and I also got the scoop that looks like itís about 1/2 tsp.
    What type of dose should I take to start?
    I think from my digital scale that 1/2 tsp is equal to 2 grams. If thatís true, I took 1g and felt nothing after an hour. So I took an additional 2g an hour later and itís been 30 minutes since that and I still feel nothing. Are my measurements wrong or do I just need a lot? Or maybe it hasnít had time for the 2nd dose to kick in?
    Does anybody have that same scoop and how much do you use?

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,315 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hex Mad House View Post
    So I got my bag of red and I also got the scoop that looks like itís about 1/2 tsp.
    What type of dose should I take to start?
    I think from my digital scale that 1/2 tsp is equal to 2 grams. If thatís true, I took 1g and felt nothing after an hour. So I took an additional 2g an hour later and itís been 30 minutes since that and I still feel nothing. Are my measurements wrong or do I just need a lot? Or maybe it hasnít had time for the 2nd dose to kick in?
    Does anybody have that same scoop and how much do you use?

Thanks.
    Give it a little time. 3g should give you a little idea of what to expect.
    IronLion-Lab.net
    Use code Montego15 for 15% off at Straightupkratom.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Give it a little time. 3g should give you a little idea of what to expect.
    Iím not positive thatís how much I took though. The scoop (I just saw this) says 5cc on the bottom. 5cc is pretty much 1tsp. So I took just over 1.5tsp, probably 1.75 tsp. to be exact.
    I donít know how to convert that into grams of kratom that I took tonight. My digital scale isnít working well with this light of a weight.
    I guess it doesnít matter much, as long as I adjust the tsp dose if needed. Iíd just like to know about how much Iíve taken, for reference. Iíve read to start between 1-2g and adjust up if needed next time. So the tsp yo gram conversion is whatís fucking me up. If anybody knows what it is, thatíd be great. If not, Iíll just go by tsp adjustment.
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points

If my whole bag is 250g and weighed 9.15 ounces. That equals 55 teaspoons total. Which 250 divided by 55 is 4.5g per tsp.
    If I took 1.75 tsp, did I seriously just take 7g??

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    Rep Points

Yellow scooper is roughly 2 grams. I use 3 scoops

Powder densities vary so its not exact.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medication. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity. Do not contact me about sources or advertisers as I know nothing about their business.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    393 Posts
    Rep Points

So an hour and a half after dose, surely you feel something by now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts
    Rep Points

Here you go Hex...hope this helps...
    As u can see in the pics the one with just the same scooper you got is 2.9gr...( yellow scooper is basically 3gr.)

The other picture is the scooper with a leveled off scoop of the same Red Vein you are using weighing 5.0gr. with the weight of the scooper and the Red Vein. That gives you a level scoop of 2 grams.
    So one leveled off yellow scoop is equal to 2 grams.(give or take 1/10th of a gram that you wouldn't even notice).

I think it's good to start out at a low dose and work on finding you're sweet spot. Might take a few tries but you will get it man. I've seen people try too large of a dose when first using it and it caused some nausea.

Hope that helped and now you know that a leveled off scoop is 2 grams...

You feeling anything yet man.??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts
    Rep Points

If you need me to I can measure an actual level TSP. for you then you can also know how many grams a level TSP weighs. Just lemme know.
    I have calibration weights so all my scales are on point always.
    The scale in the pics i got strictly for my Kratom measurements and works great for that application. (7$ on Amazon).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah, I definitely started feeling it around 9pm. I think I still was digesting dinner which slowed the process down.

Thanks for the pictures of the scoop filled. Much easier to gauge increases in dose now and much better knowing I didnít just start off at 7g...lol. 3g was a good starting point I guess, maybe a little high from what Iíve read. Anyway, I felt great. I pretty much went to bed right as I started feeling it because I was expecting it to kick in pretty fast at 6:30 when I took it, since I go to bed at 9. But I know what to expect more now and can take it before dinner.
    Thanks for all the help everybody who posted above, I really appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts
    Rep Points

Just another heads up man., if it hasn't been mentioned yet... try to consume you're dose on an empty stomach or as close to empty as possible. Makes a world of difference. Should feel it kick in much quicker and stronger effects in my experiences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by movingsteel 79 View Post
    Just another heads up man., if it hasn't been mentioned yet... try to consume you're dose on an empty stomach or as close to empty as possible. Makes a world of difference. Should feel it kick in much quicker and stronger effects in my experiences.
    Yeah, I ate at about 5 and took it at 6:30. Shouldíve taken it at 5 before I ate. Live and learn.