• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Starting TRT Questions

scottysocc

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi,

I am a 24 year old male and my doctor has suggested I go on TRT.

My numbers are:
Testosterone : 406
PSA: 0.5
Estradiol: 29.3
Hemoglobin: 14.7
SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin): 47.2

The SHBG allows us to calculate your Free Testosterone level.

Free Testosterone: 6.58

The biggest issue is my Free test being only about 6.5, pretty low...

My questions are..

Is it true TRT can cause or speed up hair loss? And to what extent can TRT help with muscle gains for someone with a fairly low free test level, like me? Should I start TRT?

Thanks!

I would (and did) start it. I was older though, 45. I didn't feel good with TT at 512 and now keep it closer to 1,000. Feel great, stronger, more drive and sex drive, etc.
I couldn't get my Dr to put me on TT at 512 TT but did after a cycle when my TT was 46.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I started TRT when I was 37 just turned 40 yesterday my initial TT was 36 when first getting on now I keep it Around 1100 and have never felt better, I pin 200 mg a week of Test Cyp prescribed by my endo I get mailed a 3 month supply from the pharmacy and do blood work for her 1x a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been on trt for a few years. No hair loss. As a matter of fact, I started growing more, but it's all on my back and shoulders. :p
Try to talk your doc into weekly shots and keeping you around 1000 (or more if he's willing).

Just started trt past 4 months and I think your hair will be fine but if you are already balding it WILL make you bald faster

Need more information. How tall are you? What do you weigh? What do you estimate your current BF% to be? Do you get good sleep? How do you know? What’s your diet like? Do you know all the lifestyle factors that can negatively affect your testosterone levels? Do you lift weights?

If I were you and there were anything else I could try first, I wouldn’t start TRT at 24. It can negatively effect your ability to reproduce, which might not matter now but could in the future. It’s a bitch to come off of if you ever change your mind, and the longer you go the harder it is.

Life changes too much in your twenties and thirties dude. The less permanent decisions you make right now the better IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. You seem too young to start TRT. Your levels are within the normal range. I didn’t start till over 50. I’d be concerned if you plan to have kids in the future. TRT now will reduce natural production. Just my $.02.

I believe if you are already prone to male pattern baldness, it will just speed up the process. if your not prone to male pattern baldness, you prob have nothing to worry about.
I am going on 52 and ran lots of juice in my 20s and 30s, and have a full head of hair like my father did in his sixties.

I believe you are young and should try a few different routes to naturally raise your testosterone levels before jumping on TRT remember this is for life pinning 2x a week that’s like 4160 pins by the time you’re 64. Plus finding a smart enough doctor to keep your nutz working Incase someday you decide you want a kid. I mean do you wants kids someday?

Back