• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Almost done - nutrition hardest part

Noek

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am almost done with my first ever cycle. I am 47yrs old 5"6 and skinny as a bean pole. I weighed 145lbs before I started. I have been working out in the gym for about 10 years, cardio, weights, etc. I had my workouts down for my first cycle i just needed to get my meals in order and learn to meal prep. This went smooth, but now at the end of my cycle I am looking back and wondering how I am supposed to take in a lot of calories by eating clean. I used a calorie counter and still hardly ever reached my caloric goal because I was trying to eat so clean. I know there is no magic answer but any advice would be appreciated as far as high caloric clean meals. Fish, chicken, vegetables, rice, eggs just didn't cut it.

My 16 week cycle consisted of 400mg test c and 500mg deca/week

I am now 165lbs and my waist size is still 30. Happy with the results but I know there is always room for nutritional improvement.

I am almost done with my first ever cycle. I am 47yrs old 5"6 and skinny as a bean pole. I weighed 145lbs before I started. I have been working out in the gym for about 10 years, cardio, weights, etc. I had my workouts down for my first cycle i just needed to get my meals in order and learn to meal prep. This went smooth, but now at the end of my cycle I am looking back and wondering how I am supposed to take in a lot of calories by eating clean. I used a calorie counter and still hardly ever reached my caloric goal because I was trying to eat so clean. I know there is no magic answer but any advice would be appreciated as far as high caloric clean meals. Fish, chicken, vegetables, rice, eggs just didn't cut it.

My 16 week cycle consisted of 400mg test c and 500mg deca/week

I am now 165lbs and my waist size is still 30. Happy with the results but I know there is always room for nutritional improvement.
Have a sample of what your meals looked like?

That would be helpful.

Honestly, it is HARD to eat enough clean calories to have a surplus. It takes as much dedication as training if not more.

My meals were very consistent because of work and my wife preps everything. The only real variation is lunch and dinner, but the snacks and breakfast are consistent.

Breakfast
half cup steel cut oatmeal
4 egg whites
piece of fruit
Protein shake (48g)

Snack
Turkey
Handful almonds
Greek plain yogurt
3 egg whites

Lunch
Generally Chicken (steak) stir fry with snap peas/green onions/carrots/rice
apple/banana

Snack
Peanut butter sandwich or peanut butter/celery
Protein shake
walnuts

Pre workout
Sweet potato
3 egg whites

Dinner
This varies greatly depending on what my wife cooks.
Usually turkey/fish/pot roast
mashed potatoes or rice
glass of milk

Before bed
Protein shake
greek yogurt

I'm generally under my goal of 3662 calories. Protein is good, fats a bit high, I know my carbs are way up because I'm always hungry and never feel full. I can do better.. I use a tracker app, I need to get better about logging everything as well. Drinking water throughout the day and constantly peeing white. Gets annoying.

More fats.

EVOO, pb, avocado.

Cut the bread for rice.

Cut the milk.

Just what I would say off the bat.

Would the rice be brown rice or is basmati rice ok? I can cut milk and sub with almond milk, I have done that in the past. As far as peanut butter goes, how about just eating plain peanuts? The peanut butter I get is the natural with oil on top and no sugar, man it's like eating drywall putty.

Think calorie dense foods... in other words, fats. PB is more dense than individual peanuts.
Do you like salmon or mackeral?

Would the rice be brown rice or is basmati rice ok? I can cut milk and sub with almond milk, I have done that in the past. As far as peanut butter goes, how about just eating plain peanuts? The peanut butter I get is the natural with oil on top and no sugar, man it's like eating drywall putty.
Think calorie dense foods... in other words, fats. PB is more dense than individual peanuts.
Do you like salmon or mackeral?
This.

White or Jasmine rice. Brown rice sucks and doesn't digest very well.

Something to think about is how easily you digest the "clean" foods as well. If it sits on your gut for hours, it makes it harder to get that next meal in.

This doesn't mean eat crap sugar stuff. Just figure out what you can get in and out.

An easy high calorie clean meal I lean on-

6-8oz chicken breast
1c Jasmine rice
2tbsp evoo

Nuts and maybe dairy depending on how you feel about it. Those are my two worst enemies when trying to eat clean and cut. You can turn a salad into 1000 calories pretty quick with some ranch dressing and shredded cheese.

Mix that drywall putty in with yogurt or a protein shake. It’s the only way I can get that crap down.

IML Gear Cream!

Natural peanut butter is 100% better than that Skippy or Jiff bullshit with the molested crap they put in those products.

Just make sure when you first get real peanut butter to stir it real well then refrigerate immediately.

Then you will not have a problem with consistency.

Mix that drywall putty in with yogurt or a protein shake. It’s the only way I can get that crap down.

That's an awesome idea, thanks!

Natural peanut butter is 100% better than that Skippy or Jiff bullshit with the molested crap they put in those products.

Just make sure when you first get real peanut butter to stir it real well then refrigerate immediately.

Then you will not have a problem with consistency.

Yep that's what we do, then when we take it out of the fridge it's even thicker. We definitely stay away from the sugar crap, although it tastes so much better.

I actually buy the same peanut butter brand every time, so I saved 1 lid and cut a small enough hole to fit one beater through it. I slide the beater through the hole, screw the lid on the pb and slide the beater into my electric mixer and it blends the PB perfectly in about 10 seconds with zero mess.

I actually buy the same peanut butter brand every time, so I saved 1 lid and cut a small enough hole to fit one beater through it. I slide the beater through the hole, screw the lid on the pb and slide the beater into my electric mixer and it blends the PB perfectly in about 10 seconds with zero mess.
Mad fucking scientist lol

Mad fucking scientist lol

Lol...just sick of spilling the fucking peanut oil everywhere.

Not as bad as my neighbor who I told that he should try natural pb. He came over a few days later and told me that this pb sucks because his was so oily that he literally had to pour about 1/4 cup of oil out of it before he used it. 😂😂 Fucking dumbass!!

this is actually kind of brilliant.

Now we're talking!!!!

This is how I mix my drywall mud lol...

Lol...just sick of spilling the fucking peanut oil everywhere.

Not as bad as my neighbor who I told that he should try natural pb. He came over a few days later and told me that this pb sucks because his was so oily that he literally had to pour about 1/4 cup of oil out of it before he used it. 😂😂 Fucking dumbass!!

Priceless. Common sense is not so.....common.

Back