• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Therapeutic phlebotomy

Cartoad

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So my Endo calls me and says my hemoglobin and hemochromatosis levels are way out of range and she wants me to do therapeutic phlebotomy, so my question is has anyone ever done this also Iam in trt 200mg weekly split shots 2x a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guys donate blood all the time for this purpose but usually because they’re running a lot more than you are

So I take it’s just a fancy word for donating blood, my last blood test for her my test levels came back at 1420 or so that was 9 months ago I just did another last week and it came back at 156 so she was concerned.

156 is really hard to understand in your circumstances. are you running prescription test?

Yeah it’s a script 200 mg a week at one point my levels were teens , I cycled for about 2 years straight and went off cold turkey so I fucked myself up.

So I take it’s just a fancy word for donating blood, my last blood test for her my test levels came back at 1420 or so that was 9 months ago I just did another last week and it came back at 156 so she was concerned.

When hemo is that high they will not accept the blood for donation. The phrase therapeutic phlebotomy means they drain the blood amd dump it, it will not be used to pass on to others.

When hemo is that high they will not accept the blood for donation. The phrase therapeutic phlebotomy means they drain the blood amd dump it, it will not be used to pass on to others.

Ok I believe my hemoglobin levels were 11.3 and my hemochromatosis were 37

good point

Yeah it’s a script 200 mg a week at one point my levels were teens , I cycled for about 2 years straight and went off cold turkey so I fucked myself up.

gotcha. still, 156 on script with your pinning schedule is really hard to understand.

I would agree only thing I can think of is that sometimes I miss pinning because of a busy schedule so it’s throwing my levels off.

7cd0baff7f16746b72d81f5005213b99.jpg
bbd4b228147a93da70262dd240e85079.jpg

Here’s a couple of numbers when Iam on point with my script.

IML Gear Cream!
be careful with the therapeutic ones, sometimes they'll charge you like $160 just to drain your blood. If your insurance covers it, great. When they said i needed one when doing a heavy cycle about 3 weeks after I had given blood, i ended up just doing it myself into a measuring cup so i could keep track of how much was going out.

be careful with the therapeutic ones, sometimes they'll charge you like $160 just to drain your blood. If your insurance covers it, great. When they said i needed one when doing a heavy cycle about 3 weeks after I had given blood, i ended up just doing it myself into a measuring cup so i could keep track of how much was going out.

Did you post about that at the time? I remember someone doing this and it scared the hell out of me. All I could think about was me passing out while giving blood one time and if I had been doing this to myself I’d probably have bled out.

Did you post about that at the time? I remember someone doing this and it scared the hell out of me. All I could think about was me passing out while giving blood one time and if I had been doing this to myself I’d probably have bled out.

it wasn't me but it was freak timing. i had done mine about 2 or 3 days before someone else posted about doing it themselves. on a separate note: i'm a fan of doing relatively simple things myself. if my gyno removal isn't covered for the one nipple that's left, i'm pretty sure i'm going to attempt it myself (no lipo is needed). i have a medical equipment whole sale account with my company and already have all the scalpels and cauterizing guns ready to roll along with the anesthetic and stuff. a couple animal cardiovascular research surgeons are willing to help me and i know the repair will get covered if i botch it oddly enough :thinking:

it wasn't me but it was freak timing. i had done mine about 2 or 3 days before someone else posted about doing it themselves. on a separate note: i'm a fan of doing relatively simple things myself. if my gyno removal isn't covered for the one nipple that's left, i'm pretty sure i'm going to attempt it myself (no lipo is needed). i have a medical equipment whole sale account with my company and already have all the scalpels and cauterizing guns ready to roll along with the anesthetic and stuff. a couple animal cardiovascular research surgeons are willing to help me and i know the repair will get covered if i botch it oddly enough :thinking:

You know, most DIY people just unclog their drains or change the oil in their cars.

But hey, treat yourself right and throw in a free tummy tuck. ;)

You know, most DIY people just unclog their drains or change the oil in their cars.

But hey, treat yourself right and throw in a free tummy tuck. ;)

thankfully i don't need one :p my other one was such a simple procedure. surgical time by a legit surgeon was 27 minutes, so i figure double that with guidance.

thankfully i don't need one :p my other one was such a simple procedure. surgical time by a legit surgeon was 27 minutes, so i figure double that with guidance.

You’ll post a How-To afterwards, right? =D

Did you mean Hemoglobin & Hematocrit levels ???? Hemachromatosis isnt measured in your blood, its a genetic disorder that causes High Iron & ferritin levels and is mostly found in people of celtic descent. Its not curable so if you had the genetic test for this and your positive, therapeutic phlebotomy is something your going to want to get comfortable with :(

Did you mean Hemoglobin & Hematocrit levels ???? Hemachromatosis isnt measured in your blood, its a genetic disorder that causes High Iron & ferritin levels and is mostly found in people of celtic descent. Its not curable so if you had the genetic test for this and your positive, therapeutic phlebotomy is something your going to want to get comfortable with :(
Good catch. I didn't notice that the first read through.

I did mean hemoglobin and hematocrit this blood thing is new to me.

Ok I believe my hemoglobin levels were 11.3 and my hemochromatosis were 37

I did mean hemoglobin and hematocrit this blood thing is new to me.

From Quest Dianostics:

Hemoglobin normal range 13.2-17.1
Hemocrit normal range 38.5-50

If anything you are slightly anemic, so a phlebotomy is the last you want to do. I suggest calling the doctor's office and verify those test result numbers. If those numbers are correct then your endo is smoking crack, lol

Get Shredded!
From Quest Dianostics:

Hemoglobin normal range 13.2-17.1
Hemocrit normal range 38.5-50

If anything you are slightly anemic, so a phlebotomy is the last you want to do. I suggest calling the doctor's office and verify those test result numbers. If those numbers are correct then your endo is smoking crack, lol

Ok I will confirm the numbers with the Dr .. what would you recommend on getting my levels back in range to avoid the phlebotomy?

To reiterate, if your actual hemoglobin is 11.3, and hemocrit is 37, you do not need a phlebotomy at all. In fact it's very strange they are both low while using testosterone, it usually means you are iron deficient. If it does turn out they are high (hemoglobin is above 17.1 and hemocrit is above 50) then a therapeutic phlebotomy is called for. Another reason a doctor will prescribe this is you may need more then one in a short period of time. The Red Cross will only allow you to donate blood every 8 weeks. A doctor prescribed phlebotomy can done more often.

The ranges or values must be off. Not a whole lot here makes sense for any of the numbers given the endo response.

To reiterate, if your actual hemoglobin is 11.3, and hemocrit is 37, you do not need a phlebotomy at all. In fact it's very strange they are both low while using testosterone, it usually means you are iron deficient. If it does turn out they are high (hemoglobin is above 17.1 and hemocrit is above 50) then a therapeutic phlebotomy is called for. Another reason a doctor will prescribe this is you may need more then one in a short period of time. The Red Cross will only allow you to donate blood every 8 weeks. A doctor prescribed phlebotomy can done more often.

The Dr just emailed me the results I guess I had them backwards there high not low thanks for all the info.

Those results are high alright. Listen to your doctor and have the phlebotomy done. Basically your blood is too thick. I don't understand the low testosterone number though, but take care of lowering your RBC, hemoglobin and hemocrit first. Keep us posted.

Yeah kinda freaks me out I will do the phlebotomy and keep you guys updated thanks for the info everyone

Back