• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How often do you take breaks?

nuttz51

I am a pothead
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How often does everyone take some time to de load? And how long do breaks usually last?

For myself I seem to be able to go at it hard 8 weeks,5- 6 days a week but around that 8th week I need at least a few days off if not a whole week.

The best advice I can give, nuttz, is listen to your body. If you feel like you need a break physically OR mentally, take a break. I've NEVER done deload weeks. If I feel like I need extra time to rest and recover then I take it. Sometimes I'll throw in an extra rest day during the week depending on how I feel, but it's all instinctual for me. Typically I try to take a week off every 16 weeks of consecutive training, but again, it really depends how I feel. We all rest and recover differently, our daily stresses and physical activity is different depending on our jobs and what we have going on in our lives, our diets vary. Too many factors for this to be a one size fits all answer that's why its best to pay attention to what your body is telling you.

Last edited:
i take a week off after im done blasting (8-12 weeks), feels good not having to pin eod and just chill w the fam

Some days just cardio, some just lift- it depends on what my body is telling me. This balance helps me train seven days a week, though sometimes I take a day off.

in the past years that i've been training i generally plan for 1 week off every 6 months. due to changing life circumstances i've had a couple times where I haven't gotten to the gym for 3 days in a row, in the past few months so i'll be doing a cruise type month kind of like tren2k14's cruise log which i'm just lifting to move some basic weight and not really push anything hard instead of directly taking time off.

After I come off I still try to keep up the workload as if I was on, but of course my drive isn’t there full force. Last cycle I ran I took about a week off during pct then got back at it

You are in a relationship with your body. You should know. If your sleep or calories aren't on point you should know. Sometimes I walk into the gym to just walk out. Don't beat yourself up if you can't train properly. Mind and body have to meet in the middle. There is always another day.

I only train 3 days a week, so I find I don't need to take breaks unless I'm sick. Plus my schedule occasionally means that I end up taking a forced break whether I want one or not :\

IML Gear Cream!
You are in a relationship with your body. You should know. If your sleep or calories aren't on point you should know. Sometimes I walk into the gym to just walk out. Don't beat yourself up if you can't train properly. Mind and body have to meet in the middle. There is always another day.

good call. plenty of times i don’t want to hit the gym but 15 min into i feel great. if not i pack up and leave.

How often does everyone take some time to de load? And how long do breaks usually last?

For myself I seem to be able to go at it hard 8 weeks,5- 6 days a week but around that 8th week I need at least a few days off if not a whole week.

Breaks? What are these breaks you speak of? Lol personally I use test as trt and run cycles when i wanna achieve something. You can get away with taking 8 weeks. I personally made the choice to take break if I am completely out if not I’ll take e300 every 2 weeks year round but genetics are a big factor if your body can deal with that. Like some people drink every day there whole life’s never have liver disease others drink a few years and die of liver failure. Just keep up with your pcp and your blood work and if your healthy then do what works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got done with a Deload week. I had been going pretty hard with high intensity for about 6 weeks I’d say. It was good to throw in that Deload week and give my body a break. Now we are back at it and hitting those high intensity workouts again. I didn’t notice it until my coach asked about it but I was starting to get run down physically and mentally so it was much needed. I think it’s one of those things where you need to listen to your body and trust what your body is telling you. Keep pushing hard brother!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never take time off unless I am really sick or injured. When I am on vacation I try to lift at the hotel gym...

Feel guilty as fuck just missing one day here or there.

What I might do sometimes is stop lifting heavy for lower reps and reduce the weight to do higher reps giving my joints a break. Do this for several weeks and it helps my body recover.

Bulking i train 2 on 1 off
Prep phase 4 days on 1 off
1week off every 8 weeks

No break except surgery or sth more important than gym so thats basically 2 weeks in a year.
Off cycle 4-5 training days in a week, on cycle mostly 6 days in a week or I train everyday.

I will take an extra day or two as I feel I need to. I take a whole week off 2-3 times a year. I always feel better and motivated uupon my return.

Get Shredded!
Every few weeks I take off two days in a row because I’m spending time with the family, but usually every 4 months or so I’ll take a week off.

I deload about every 3-6 weeks depending on how my body feels. I also ramp up my training cycles very quickly and push really hard on them, hence the frequent deloading

Is deloading just a complete break from weights for some period of time?!?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Is deloading just a complete break from weights for some period of time?!?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
I deload by lowering the overall volume of training, while keeping high intensity time under tension workouts, basically following the Fortitude Training style with a little modification as I see fit. I drop my heavy loading days and my pump sets, so I only lift 2-3 days a week for the deloading phase. That way you get the recovery your body needs without losing the progress made during the training cycle. If I take a whole week off I tend to lose some of my strength

Back